Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd.
In the news
- No rooms for Chinese travelers: Indian hotel body issues a ban Jul 7, 2020
- China-India border tensions spark trade friction in 5G and autos Jun 29, 2020
- Ramadan begins, SGX results and rural India reopens Apr 19, 2020
- Renault pulls out of China joint venture as auto outlook darkens Apr 14, 2020
- Asian equities tumble as coronavirus spreads outside China Feb 24, 2020 See more articles on Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd.
Great Wall Motor is a privately-run Chinese automaker headquartered in Hebei Province. It is among the top three privately-run Chinese automakers, along with Zhejiang Geely Holding Group and Chery Automobile.
Founded in 1984, Great Wall Motor has mainly produced sport utility vehicles and pick-up trucks. It recently launched a line of passenger cars as well. The company went public on the Hong Kong stock exchange in 2003 and got listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2011.
The automaker has about 60,000 employees on its payroll and operates four domestic plants in China. It has ramped up sales of the Great Wall series of SUVs as well as pickup trucks over the years. The company's annual domestic sales came to about 700,000 units in 2014.
Great Wall Motor started exporting vehicles in 1998. Russia, Chile and South Africa are its main export destinations. The company plans to build a new SUV plant in Thailand.
Wei Jianjun serves as Great Wall Motor's chairman and is referred to as a "military man" due to his strict management style. As such, he strictly supervises production management at its auto plants, research and development as well as sales and marketing strategies.
The company has achieved growth without forming partnerships with major foreign carmakers. It is now trying to develop eco-friendly vehicles, such as plug-in hybrids.
|Income before tax||5,439.22M||694.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.27||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||15,961.58M||2,037.16M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||11,941.00M||14,585.43M||7,187.15M||7,671.79M||5,439.22M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.32||0.39||0.21||0.33||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||12,510.98M||10,366.51M||-1,083.66M||23,574.80M||15,961.58M|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||1,540.26M||1,878.97M||922.27M||978.85M||694.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.04||0.05||0.02||0.04||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||1,613.78M||1,335.46M||-139.05M||3,007.93M||2,037.16M|
- Vice Chairman & General Manager: Feng Ying Wang
- Chief Financial Officer: Hong Shuan Li
- Deputy General Manager: Guo Qing Zhao
- Securities Representative: Yong Jun Chen
- Board Secretary: Hui Xu
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (3.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.6%)
- Fiera Capital, Inc. (1.5%)
- Rothschild Asset Management SCS (1.4%)
- BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Ltd. (1.2%)
- WEI JIAN JUN (1.2%)
- First State Investments (Hong Kong) Ltd. (1.2%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.8%)
- BNP Paribas Asset Management Asia Ltd. (0.5%)
- Phone: +86.312.2196670
- Haval Motor India Pvt Ltd.
- Chongqing Great Wall Motor Co. Ltd.
- Beijing Wanli Friendship Information Consulting Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Xiong'an Oula Sharing Technology Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Great Wall Auto Sales Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Great Wall Auto Sales Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Haval Insurance Brokers Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Forever Peace Information Consulting Co., Ltd.
- American Haval Asset Management LLC
- American Haval Motor Co.
- Haval Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Haval Auto Sales Co., Ltd.
- Great Wall India Research & Development Pvt Ltd.
- Great Wall Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH
- Great Wall Japan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Scrap Recycling & Dismantling Co., Ltd.
- Haval Insurance Brokers Co., Ltd.
- Haval Logistics Co., Ltd.
- Haval Motors SA Pty Ltd.
- Haval Motor Manufacturing Rus LLC
- Australia Sinyos Technology & Trade Pty Ltd.
- Tianjin Great Wall Binyin Automotive Finance Co., Ltd.
- Haval Motor Rus LLC
- HAVAL Motors Australia Pty Ltd.
- Shanghai Haval Automotive Technology Ltd. Co.
- Haval Automotive Rental Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Great Wall Dong Sheng Business Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Baoding Weiyi Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Baoding Great Wall Resource Recycling Co., Ltd.
- Ningxia Great Wall Automobile Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd. Class H
- Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. Class A
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- SAIC Motor Corporation Limited Class A
- Tata Motors Limited
- Geely Automobile Holdings Limited
- Toyota Motor Corp.
- BAIC Motor Corporation Limited Class H
- Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Limited
- Volkswagen AG Pref
- Hyundai Motor Company
- General Motors Company
- BYD Company Limited Class H
- KIA Motors Corporation
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Dongfeng Motor Group Co., Ltd. Class H
- Jiangling Motors Co., Ltd. Class B
- Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Corp., Ltd. Class A
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.
- Renault SA
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- AvtoVAZ PJSC
- Liaoning SG Automotive Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- Isuzu Motors Limited
- Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd. Class A
- Hualing Xingma Automobile (Group) Co., Ltd. Class A
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 14 Jul, 2020