Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd.
In the news
- VW extends China market lead with new low-cost brand Jetta Aug 10, 2020
- No rooms for Chinese travelers: Indian hotel body issues a ban Jul 7, 2020
- China-India border tensions spark trade friction in 5G and autos Jun 29, 2020
- Ramadan begins, SGX results and rural India reopens Apr 19, 2020
- Renault pulls out of China joint venture as auto outlook darkens Apr 14, 2020 See more articles on Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd.
Great Wall Motor is a privately-run Chinese automaker headquartered in Hebei Province. It is among the top three privately-run Chinese automakers, along with Zhejiang Geely Holding Group and Chery Automobile.
Founded in 1984, Great Wall Motor has mainly produced sport utility vehicles and pick-up trucks. It recently launched a line of passenger cars as well. The company went public on the Hong Kong stock exchange in 2003 and got listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2011.
The automaker has about 60,000 employees on its payroll and operates four domestic plants in China. It has ramped up sales of the Great Wall series of SUVs as well as pickup trucks over the years. The company's annual domestic sales came to about 700,000 units in 2014.
Great Wall Motor started exporting vehicles in 1998. Russia, Chile and South Africa are its main export destinations. The company plans to build a new SUV plant in Thailand.
Wei Jianjun serves as Great Wall Motor's chairman and is referred to as a "military man" due to his strict management style. As such, he strictly supervises production management at its auto plants, research and development as well as sales and marketing strategies.
The company has achieved growth without forming partnerships with major foreign carmakers. It is now trying to develop eco-friendly vehicles, such as plug-in hybrids.
|Income before tax||5,439.22M||694.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.27||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||15,961.58M||2,037.16M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||11,941.00M||14,585.43M||7,187.15M||7,671.79M||5,439.22M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.32||0.39||0.21||0.33||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||12,510.98M||10,366.51M||-1,083.66M||23,574.80M||15,961.58M|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||1,540.26M||1,878.97M||922.27M||978.85M||694.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.04||0.05||0.02||0.04||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||1,613.78M||1,335.46M||-139.05M||3,007.93M||2,037.16M|
- Vice Chairman & General Manager: Feng Ying Wang
- Chief Financial Officer: Hong Shuan Li
- Deputy General Manager: Guo Qing Zhao
- Securities Representative: Yong Jun Chen
- Board Secretary: Hui Xu
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (3.7%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC (2.0%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.6%)
- Rothschild Asset Management SCS (1.4%)
- BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Ltd. (1.2%)
- Fiera Capital, Inc. (1.2%)
- WEI JIAN JUN (1.2%)
- BNP Paribas Asset Management Asia Ltd. (0.9%)
- First State Investments (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.9%)
- Phone: +86.312.2196670
- Nuobo Automotive Parts (Rizhao) Co., Ltd.
- Jingcheng Engineering Automotive Parts (Taizhou) Co., Ltd.
- Nuobo Automotive Parts (Taizhou) Co., Ltd.
- Yijian Start (Beijing) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Nanning Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Yijian Start (Wuhan) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- India Haval Automobile PVT Co., Ltd.
- Taiyuan Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Zhengzhou Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Kunming Mibang Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Hefei Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Zaoqi Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Guizhou Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Yijian Start (Haikou) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Zaoqi (Wenzhou) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Lanzhou Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Yijian Start (Dongguan) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Yijian Start (Nanjing) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Zaoqi (Xi'an) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Yijian Start (Jinan) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Yijian Start (Chongqing) Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Honeycomb Transmission Technology Hebei Co., Ltd.
- Baoding Yijian Start Automobile Sales Service Co., Ltd.
- Nuochuang Automotive Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Weipai Auto Sales Co., Ltd.
- Great Wall Chongqing Automotive Customer Service Co., Ltd.
- Mind Automotive Parts (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.
- Jingcheng Engineering Automotive Parts (Yangzhong) Co., Ltd.
- Honeycomb Intelligent Steering System (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd. Class H
- SAIC Motor Corporation Limited Class A
- Tata Motors Limited
- Geely Automobile Holdings Limited
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Toyota Motor Corp.
- BAIC Motor Corporation Limited Class H
- Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Limited
- Volkswagen AG Pref
- Hyundai Motor Company
- General Motors Company
- BYD Company Limited Class H
- KIA Motors Corporation
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Dongfeng Motor Group Co., Ltd. Class H
- Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Corp., Ltd. Class A
- Jiangling Motors Co., Ltd. Class B
- Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. Class A
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.
- Renault SA
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- AvtoVAZ PJSC
- Liaoning SG Automotive Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- Isuzu Motors Limited
- Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd. Class A
- Hualing Xingma Automobile (Group) Co., Ltd. Class A
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 25 Sep, 2020