HYUNDAI ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION CO., LTD.
In the news
- Asian stocks fall amid concerns over US-China trade relations Jan 15, 2020
- Chinese freight train skirts Russia on new route into Europe Nov 9, 2019
- Asian equities gain on better-than-expected China manufacturing data Sep 30, 2019
- Asian equities decline tracking Wall Street losses Jul 26, 2019
- Asian equities rebound ahead of Fed Chair testimony Jul 10, 2019 See more articles on HYUNDAI ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION CO., LTD.
Hyundai Engineering & Construction is a major South Korean general contractor founded in 1950. The company has its roots in Hyundai Civil Works, which was established in 1947.
The company boosted earnings by winning contracts for infrastructure development projects in South Korea and construction works in the Middle East. It is one of the companies that led South Korea's economic growth, referred to as "the Miracle on the Han River," during the 1970s and 1980s. Lee Myung-bak, the company's former chief executive, served as president of South Korea between 2008 and 2013.
Uncollectible accounts receivables resulting from the 1997 Asian currency crisis and other factors caused the company to become virtually bankrupt. The company briefly bolted from Hyundai group to be placed under receivership of creditor banks. However, after restructuring through personnel cuts and other measures, Hyundai Motor brought the company under its wing after a takeover battle in 2011.
Currently, Hyundai Engineering & Construction is one of the leading companies comprising Hyundai Motor group, alongside steelmaker Hyundai Steel and rail manufacturer Hyundai Rotem.
The company's largest division, which deals with plant construction, participated in a 2009 nuclear power plant construction project in the United Arab Emirates. It was South Korea's first time to export a nuclear power plant. The company's other main businesses include building works, and infrastructure and environmental division.
|Income before tax||864,659M||755.05M|
|Dividends Per Share||600||0.52|
|Operating cash flow||1,009.40B||881.45M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||554,829M||897,862M||806,650M||398,828M||864,659M|
|Dividends Per Share||500||500||600||600||600|
|Operating cash flow||514,404M||249,524M||478,916M||1,729.72B||1,009.40B|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||490.77M||815.85M||691.70M||338.02M||755.05M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.44||0.45||0.51||0.50||0.52|
|Operating cash flow||455.01M||226.73M||410.66M||1,466.00M||881.45M|
- President, Chief Executive Director & Director: Dong-Wook Park
- Managing Director & Head-Finance: Kwang-Pyung Kim
- Managing Director & Head-Construction Technology: Seong-Min Park
- Managing Director & Head-Information Technology: Jong-Won Kim
- Senior MD, Head-Research & Development Center: Seok-Hong Lee
- Hyundai Motor Co., Ltd. (20.9%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.4%)
- Hyundai Mobis Co., Ltd. (8.7%)
- Kia Corp. (5.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.0%)
- Global X Management Co. LLC (0.9%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.7%)
- Address: 75 Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 03058, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.746.1114
- Hesi Singapore Pte Ltd.
- HG Power LLC
- HEC India LLP
- Hyundai Engineering Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- PT Hein Global Utama
- Hyundai Amco Mexico S de RL de CV
- Galing Power & Energy Construction Co., Inc.
- Hyundai Engineering Slovakia SRO
- Hyundai Engineering CZECH sro
- Hyundai Amco China (Rizhao) Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Engineering China (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Engineering Insaat Turizm Sanayi veTicaret Ltd. Sti.
- Hyundai Engineering RUS LLC
- Hyundai Engineering Pakistan Pvt Ltd.
- GEC Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.
- PT Hyundai Citra
- Hyundai E&C Vina Song Gia Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Rnc HATAY Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Asian Technics (Pte) Ltd.
- Hyundai Engineering India Pvt Ltd.
- Hyundai Eco Energy Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction Ltd. (Vietnam)
- Hyundai Engineering Mexico S de RL de CV
- Songdo Landmark City LLC
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. (Singapore)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd. (Kuwait)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (India) Ltd.
- Hyundai City Developement Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Farmland & Development Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Engineering & Steel Industries Co., Ltd.
- KCC Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd
- KUMHO Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.
- Fluor Corporation
- HJ SHIPBUILDING & CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD
- Kye-Ryong Construction Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Dongbu Corporation
- Seohee Construction Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 4 Oct, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.