In the news
- Sony hopes to shed 'conglomerate discount' under new name Jun 29, 2020
- Sompo Japan to offer cyberattack insurance with variable premiums Jun 24, 2020
- Japanese startups ease the loneliness of working from home Jun 21, 2020
- Itochu and Keyence lead Japan's return to the office Jun 19, 2020
- Mizuho investors demand transparency on coal exposure Jun 18, 2020 See more articles on Hitachi Ltd.
Hitachi Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of electrical equipment. It operates through the following segments: IT, Energy, Industry, Mobility, Life, Hitachi High Technologies, Hitachi Construction Machinery, Hitachi Metals, Hitachi Chemical and Others. The IT segment handles system integration, consulting, control system, cloud service, software, IT products such as storage and servers, and automated teller machines. The Energy segment pertains to power generation system (nuclear power, renewable energy, thermal power) and power grid system. The Industry segment covers industrial and distribution system, water and environment system, and industrial equipment. The Mobility segment includes building system like elevator and escalator, and railway system. The Life segment manages medical equipment; life and ecosystem such as refrigerator, washing machine, room air conditioner and commercial air conditioner; automotive system including powertrain system, chassis system and advanced driving support system. The Hitachi High Technologies segment covers medical / life science products, analytical equipment, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, manufacturing / inspection equipment, and advanced industrial materials. The Hitachi Construction Machinery segment handles hydraulic excavator, wheel loader, mining machine, maintenance / service, civil engineering solution, and mine operation management system. The Hitachi Metals segment manages special steel products, base material products, magnetic materials / power electronics, and wire materials. The Hitachi Chemical segment covers functional materials (electronic materials, wiring board materials, electronic components), advanced components and systems (mobility materials, power storage devices, life science related products). The Others segment comprises of optical disc drives and real estate management, buy and sell. The company was founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||180,268M||1,658.00M|
|Dividends Per Share||95||0.87|
|Operating cash flow||560,920M||5,159.03M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||517,040M||469,091M||638,646M||516,502M||180,268M|
|Dividends Per Share||60||65||75||85||95|
|Operating cash flow||812,226M||629,582M||727,168M||610,025M||560,920M|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||4,305.64M||4,331.90M||5,762.26M||4,657.59M||1,658.00M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.49||0.60||0.67||0.76||0.87|
|Operating cash flow||6,763.79M||5,813.98M||6,560.96M||5,500.94M||5,159.03M|
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Toshiaki Higashihara
- Chief Financial Officer & Senior GM-Finance: Mitsuaki Nishiyama
- CTO, Managing Executive Officer, Manager-R&D Group: Norihiro Suzuki
- Executive Vice President, Head-Environment & Water: Masakazu Aoki
- Executive Vice President, Head-Nuclear & Energy: Toshikazu Nishino
- Asset Management One Co., Ltd. (4.4%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.4%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.7%)
- Hitachi Group Employees Stock Ownership Plan (2.1%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (1.9%)
- Massachusetts Financial Services Co. (1.9%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.6%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- Address: 1-6-6 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, 100-8280, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.3258.1111
- Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- Clarion Manufacturing & Service Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Document Printing Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Document Solutions Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Digital Payment Solutions Philippines, Inc.
- Hitachi Sales Middle East FZE
- Hitachi Rail Sts Railway Signaling Technology (Beijing) Co.
- Hitachi Sunrockers Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Consulting Services Canada Corp.
- Hitachi Consulting Australia Pty Ltd.
- Hitachi Ventures GmbH
- Hitachi Vantara Nigeria Ltd.
- Hitachi Urban Support Ltd.
- Hitachi Vantara Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Vantara Kenya Ltd.
- Hitachi Vantara Israel Ltd.
- Hitachi Vantara Credit Corporation Australia Pty Ltd.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Southern Africa Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi Vantara SA (Argentina)
- Hitachi Vantara OOO
- Hitachi Vantara India Pvt Ltd.
- Hitachi Digital Host Sdn. Bhd.
- Hitachi Data Systems CA
- Hitachi Consumer Marketing (China) Ltd.
- Hitachi Consulting Services Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Hitachi Systems Network Technologies Pte Ltd.
- Stone Apple Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Systems Networks Ltd.
- Hitachi Systems Field Services Ltd.
- Hitachi Systems Engineering Services Ltd.
- NEC Corp.
- Canon Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co.
- Diebold Nixdorf Incorporated
- Malam-Team Ltd.
- FAMUR S.A.
- Atlas Copco AB Class A
- Hengdian Group DMEGC Magnetics Co., Ltd Class A
- Arad Investment & Industrial Development Ltd.
- KYB Corporation
- Standard Motor Products, Inc.
- NetApp, Inc.
- Thales SA
- MKS Instruments, Inc.
- Hollysys Automation Technologies Ltd.
- Doosan Infracore Co., Ltd
- Huntsman Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- Le Belier SA
- Otis Worldwide Corporation
- Bombardier Inc. Class B
- Guangzhou KingTeller Technology Co., Ltd. Class A
- Neo Performance Materials, Inc.
- Basso Industry Corp. Ltd.
- Signify NV
- Electrolux AB Class B
- Fuel Tech, Inc.
- Union Materials Corp
- Alstom SA
- FalconStor Software, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 3 Jul, 2020