In the news
- Hitachi wins $460m British high-speed train contract Dec 7, 2019
- Panasonic and Sony: A tale of two companies in transition Nov 29, 2019
- Fired exec says Japan Display committed accounting fraud Nov 28, 2019
- Japan chip industry heavyweight joins China's Unigroup Nov 16, 2019
- Japan to help channel capital into Southeast Asia Inc. Nov 6, 2019 See more articles on Hitachi Ltd.
Hitachi Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of electrical equipment. It operates through the following segments: IT, Energy, Industry, Mobility, Life, Hitachi High Technologies, Hitachi Construction Machinery, Hitachi Metals, Hitachi Chemical and Others. The IT segment handles system integration, consulting, control system, cloud service, software, IT products such as storage and servers, and automated teller machines. The Energy segment pertains to power generation system (nuclear power, renewable energy, thermal power) and power grid system. The Industry segment covers industrial and distribution system, water and environment system, and industrial equipment. The Mobility segment includes building system like elevator and escalator, and railway system. The Life segment manages medical equipment; life and ecosystem such as refrigerator, washing machine, room air conditioner and commercial air conditioner; automotive system including powertrain system, chassis system and advanced driving support system. The Hitachi High Technologies segment covers medical / life science products, analytical equipment, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, manufacturing / inspection equipment, and advanced industrial materials. The Hitachi Construction Machinery segment handles hydraulic excavator, wheel loader, mining machine, maintenance / service, civil engineering solution, and mine operation management system. The Hitachi Metals segment manages special steel products, base material products, magnetic materials / power electronics, and wire materials. The Hitachi Chemical segment covers functional materials (electronic materials, wiring board materials, electronic components), advanced components and systems (mobility materials, power storage devices, life science related products). The Others segment comprises of optical disc drives and real estate management, buy and sell. The company was founded by Namihei Odaira in 1910 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||516,502M||4,657.59M|
|Dividends Per Share||85||0.76|
|Operating cash flow||610,025M||5,500.94M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||518,994M||517,040M||469,091M||638,646M||516,502M|
|Dividends Per Share||60||60||65||75||85|
|Operating cash flow||451,825M||812,226M||629,582M||727,168M||610,025M|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||4,724.29M||4,305.64M||4,331.90M||5,762.26M||4,657.59M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.54||0.49||0.60||0.67||0.76|
|Operating cash flow||4,112.86M||6,763.79M||5,813.98M||6,560.96M||5,500.94M|
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Toshiaki Higashihara
- Chief Financial Officer & Senior GM-Finance: Mitsuaki Nishiyama
- CTO, Managing Executive Officer, Manager-R&D Group: Norihiro Suzuki
- Executive Vice President, Head-Environment & Water: Masakazu Aoki
- Executive Vice President, Head-Nuclear & Energy: Toshikazu Nishino
- Asset Management One Co., Ltd. (4.4%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.3%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.5%)
- Hitachi Group Employees Stock Ownership Plan (2.1%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (1.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.6%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.6%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.4%)
- Massachusetts Financial Services Co. (1.4%)
- Address: 1-6-6 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, 100-8280, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.3258.1111
- Takaosan Kankokaihatsu Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd. /Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Bus/
- Hitachi Global Life Solutions, Inc.
- Sunshine Ibaraki KK
- Hitachi You & I Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Nuclear Projects Development Europe Ltd.
- Hitachi Restricted Stock Compensation Plan
- Hitachi Elevator Taiwan Co. Ltd.
- Fiamm Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
- Hitachi Consulting Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
- Hitachi Industrial Equipment Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Hitachi Drives & Automation (Italy) SRL
- Hitachi Vantara Corp.
- Highly Electrical Appliances India Pvt Ltd.
- Hitachi Railway Systems
- Hitachi Machinery Manufacturing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Industry & Control Solutions Ltd.
- Digital Transmission Licensing Administrator LLC
- Hitachi Global Storage Techs Asia Pte Ltd. /Taiwan Branch/
- Hitachi Power Solutions Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Power Semiconductor Device Ltd.
- Hitachi Ibaraki Technical Service Ltd.
- AIMECHATEC Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. /X-Ray Equipment Business/
- Hitachi Elevator (China) Co. Ltd. Hangzhou Engineering Co.
- Hitachi Ltd. /Millimeter-Wave IC Business/
- Beijing Hitachi Elevator Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Shenzhen Hitachi Elevator Sales Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi Pump Manufacture (Wuxi) Co. Ltd.
- Fujian ATON Innovation Group Co. Ltd.
- Canon Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co.
- Sandvik AB
- Diebold Nixdorf Incorporated
- Thales SA
- Atlas Copco AB Class A
- Inspur Electronic Information Industry Co., Ltd. Class A
- FAMUR S.A.
- HollySys Automation Technologies Ltd.
- Hengdian Group DMEGC Magnetics Co., Ltd Class A
- NetApp, Inc.
- Arad Investment & Industrial Development Ltd.
- Huntsman Corporation
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- Standard Motor Products, Inc.
- CyberArk Software Ltd.
- Doosan Infracore Co., Ltd
- Malam-Team Ltd.
- MKS Instruments, Inc.
- Le Belier SA
- Bombardier Inc. Class B
- Neo Performance Materials, Inc.
- Terex Corporation
- Lam Research Corporation
- Talend SA Sponsored ADR
- Baker Hughes Company Class A
- Alstom SA
- Fuel Tech, Inc.
- SHIN HEUNG ENERGY & ELECTRONICS Co., Ltd.
- Concepcion Industrial Corp.
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 6 Dec, 2019