Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
In the news
- TSMC and MediaTek fuel rebound by Taiwan's tech sector Aug 22, 2020
- China's manufacturing hub Shenzhen gets an overhaul Aug 9, 2020
- 'Made in India' iPhone 11 goes into production in Chennai Jul 28, 2020
- China's Luxshare buys iPhone plant to strengthen Apple ties Jul 17, 2020
- Sharp looks to move up PC unit Dynabook's listing to 2020: CEO Jul 3, 2020 See more articles on Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Hon Hai Precision Industry, the world's largest contract manufacturing company, employs more than 1 million workers in China, its main production base. The company produces smartphones, tablet computers and television sets for clients from around the world. It makes the most of its metal mold technology and low-cost production to deliver new products to customers fast.
The company was set up in 1974 by Chairman Terry Gou. After expanding operations through the connector business, it made a full-scale move into contract manufacturing in the 1990s. Business ties with Apple deepened in the 2000s, and the company grew rapidly thanks to orders from the U.S. electronics giant, primarily for smartphones.
Recently, however, Apple's growth has slowed. Hon Hai has thus been looking to diversify its operations. It entered the telecom market by winning a Taiwan fourth-generation high-speed mobile spectrum license in a 2013 auction. In contract manufacturing too, it aims at expanding the range of items it produces. In June this year, Hon Hai acquired a stake in the robotics subsidiary of Japan's SoftBank. Hon Hai is also looking to relocate some production to India and Southeast Asian countries because of rising labor costs in China. It is also stepping up efforts to automate production at plants by introducing industrial robots.
Chairman Gou is known as a charismatic business executive, but the absence of a successor to him is a problem for the company.
|Income before tax||137,646.78M||4,674.78M|
|Dividends Per Share||4||0.13|
|Operating cash flow||384,203.05M||13,048.37M|
|Currency in TWD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||197,122.29M||172,055.87M||154,019.72M||144,243.89M||137,646.78M|
|Dividends Per Share||5.62||2.50||4||4.20||4|
|Operating cash flow||190,685.52M||-18,834.07M||-25,748.60M||265,267.52M||384,203.05M|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||6,112.16M||5,655.50M||5,107.69M||4,666.16M||4,674.78M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.17||0.08||0.13||0.13||0.13|
|Operating cash flow||5,912.58M||-619.07M||-853.89M||8,581.18M||13,048.37M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Yang-wei Liu
- Head-Finance & Deputy Spokesman: Te Tsai Huang
- Deputy General Manager: Wei Ming Chen
- Associate Vice President: Jim Hung
- Manager: Yi Hsiung Chou
- KUO TAI MING /HONHAI/ (12.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.1%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.8%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC (1.7%)
- Labor Pension New Fund (1.6%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.2%)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (1.0%)
- Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (1.0%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd. (0.7%)
- Address: No. 2 Tzu Yu Street, Tucheng District, New Taipei, 236 78, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.2268.3466
- Hong Jin Chang Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Lin Yih International Investment Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn SA BV
- Foxconn Assembly Holding Corp.
- Fu Tai Kang Electronics Development (YanTai) Ltd.
- Bon Shin International Investment Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn Precision Imaging Pte Ltd.
- Jusda India Supply Chain Management Pvt Ltd.
- Foxconn Australia Pty Ltd.
- Yuzhan Precision Technology Japan Co., Ltd.
- Cloud Network Technology USA, Inc.
- FIH India Developer Pvt Ltd.
- Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd.
- Ensky Technology Pte Ltd.
- Fusing International, Inc. Pte Ltd.
- CMM Service Pte. Ltd.
- Ingrasys (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- Beijing FUNATE Innovation Technology Co., Ltd
- 2020 Co. Ltd.
- Baichang Technology Service (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn Optical Interconnect Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Futaihua Industry (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd.
- Foxconn Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- New Beyond Maximum Industrial Ltd.
- Foxconn (Kunshan) Computer Connector Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn Precision International Ltd.
- High-Jin Enterprise Co. Ltd.
- IPL International Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Falcon Precision Trading Ltd.
- Fast Victor Ltd.
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
- Sanmina Corporation
- Lotes Co., Ltd
- Electric Connector Technology Co., Ltd. Class A
- Celestica Inc.
- ASE Technology Holding Co., Ltd.
- Jabil Inc.
- Universal Scientific Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Class A
- PT Sat Nusapersada Tbk
- Global Brands Manufacture Limited
- Wistron Corporation
- Super Micro Computer, Inc.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- UDE Corp.
- Hotron Precision Electronic Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Boxlight Corporation Class A
- Applied Optoelectronics, Inc.
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- G-SHANK Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Arlo Technologies, Inc.
- Kortek Corporation
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 27 Oct, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.