Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- 72.00 TWD
TaiwanNov 20, 2018
Market cap (TWD)984,272.37M
Market cap (USD)31,848.32M
In the news
- Taiwan's 10-year iPhone boom shows signs of ending Nov 14, 2018
- Foxconn's Wisconsin plant faces headwinds after US elections Nov 10, 2018
- Billion-dollar tech startups hold promise for China's economy Nov 9, 2018
- Trade war hastens key Apple supplier Pegatron's shift from China Nov 9, 2018
- Samsung takes hit from Apple's shift back to cheaper LCDs Nov 7, 2018 See more articles on Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Hon Hai Precision Industry, the world's largest contract manufacturing company, employs more than 1 million workers in China, its main production base. The company produces smartphones, tablet computers and television sets for clients from around the world. It makes the most of its metal mold technology and low-cost production to deliver new products to customers fast.
The company was set up in 1974 by Chairman Terry Gou. After expanding operations through the connector business, it made a full-scale move into contract manufacturing in the 1990s. Business ties with Apple deepened in the 2000s, and the company grew rapidly thanks to orders from the U.S. electronics giant, primarily for smartphones.
Recently, however, Apple's growth has slowed. Hon Hai has thus been looking to diversify its operations. It entered the telecom market by winning a Taiwan fourth-generation high-speed mobile spectrum license in a 2013 auction. In contract manufacturing too, it aims at expanding the range of items it produces. In June this year, Hon Hai acquired a stake in the robotics subsidiary of Japan's SoftBank. Hon Hai is also looking to relocate some production to India and Southeast Asian countries because of rising labor costs in China. It is also stepping up efforts to automate production at plants by introducing industrial robots.
Chairman Gou is known as a charismatic business executive, but the absence of a successor to him is a problem for the company.
|Income before tax||172,055.87M||5,655.50M|
|Dividends Per Share||2.50||0.08|
|Operating cash flow||-18,834.07M||-619.07M|
|Currency in TWD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||131,457.62M||171,140.35M||194,129.97M||197,122.29M||172,055.87M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.73||4.11||4.54||5.62||2.50|
|Operating cash flow||178,002.94M||202,744.41M||259,174.72M||190,685.52M||-18,834.07M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||4,428.97M||5,647.59M||6,113.54M||6,112.16M||5,655.50M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.05||0.13||0.14||0.17||0.08|
|Operating cash flow||5,997.15M||6,690.52M||8,161.93M||5,912.58M||-619.07M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Terry Gou
- Chief Financial Officer: Te Tsai Huang
- Deputy General Manager: Yi Pin Chien
- Director & Deputy General Manager: Fang Ming Lu
- Head-Accounting: Tsung Kai Chou
- GOU TERRY (12.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.3%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.9%)
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Investment Management) (1.8%)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management) (1.8%)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (1.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.3%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. (1.1%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.6%)
- Address: No. 2 Tzu Yu Street, Tucheng District, New Taipei, 236 78, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.2268.3466
- Beijing FUNATE Innovation Technology Co., Ltd
- 2020 Co. Ltd.
- Baichang Technology Service (Tianjin) Ltd.
- Foxconn Optical Interconnect Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Futaihua Industry (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd.
- Foxconn Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- New Beyond Maximum Industrial Ltd.
- Foxconn (Kunshan) Computer Connector Co., Ltd.
- Falcon Precision Trading Ltd.
- Fast Victor Ltd.
- PCE Paragon Solutions USA, Inc.
- Rising Stars Mobile India Pvt Ltd.
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. (China)
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Zhengzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn eMS, Inc.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.
- Forteq Holdings, Inc.
- Hongfujin Accuracy Industry (Shanxi) Co. Ltd.
- Kunshan Nano New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
- Fusing International, Inc.
- Hon Yuan International Investment Co. Ltd.
- FIT Hon Teng Limited
- Fukui Precision Component (ShenZhen) Co. Ltd.
- WWW (Jin Cheng) Co. Ltd.
- Fu Tai Hua Precision Electronics (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Chengdu) Co., Ltd.
- Best Leap Enterprises Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Industry (Wuhan) Co. Ltd.
- Foxconn Slovakia spol sro
- Sanmina-SCI Corporation
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
- Jabil Inc.
- Celestica Inc.
- Universal Scientific Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Class A
- ASE Technology Holding Co., Ltd.
- Arlo Technologies, Inc.
- UDE Corp.
- Applied Optoelectronics, Inc.
- Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc.
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- G-SHANK Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Lumentum Holdings, Inc.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Aerospace Communications Holdings Co., Ltd. Class A
- ARRIS International Plc
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 Nov, 2018