Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
In the news
- Post-coronavirus fate differs among Shenzhen tech startups May 31, 2020
- Taiwan tech companies' China exit fuels $25bn investment drive May 28, 2020
- Sharp bolsters defense with promotion of cost-cutter Nomura May 20, 2020
- Vaio doubles PC production with supply chains reconnected May 19, 2020
- Apple aims to increase iPhone output by 4% through March Apr 21, 2020 See more articles on Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Hon Hai Precision Industry, the world's largest contract manufacturing company, employs more than 1 million workers in China, its main production base. The company produces smartphones, tablet computers and television sets for clients from around the world. It makes the most of its metal mold technology and low-cost production to deliver new products to customers fast.
The company was set up in 1974 by Chairman Terry Gou. After expanding operations through the connector business, it made a full-scale move into contract manufacturing in the 1990s. Business ties with Apple deepened in the 2000s, and the company grew rapidly thanks to orders from the U.S. electronics giant, primarily for smartphones.
Recently, however, Apple's growth has slowed. Hon Hai has thus been looking to diversify its operations. It entered the telecom market by winning a Taiwan fourth-generation high-speed mobile spectrum license in a 2013 auction. In contract manufacturing too, it aims at expanding the range of items it produces. In June this year, Hon Hai acquired a stake in the robotics subsidiary of Japan's SoftBank. Hon Hai is also looking to relocate some production to India and Southeast Asian countries because of rising labor costs in China. It is also stepping up efforts to automate production at plants by introducing industrial robots.
Chairman Gou is known as a charismatic business executive, but the absence of a successor to him is a problem for the company.
|Income before tax||144,243.89M||4,666.16M|
|Dividends Per Share||4.20||0.13|
|Operating cash flow||265,267.52M||8,581.18M|
|Currency in TWD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||194,129.97M||197,122.29M||172,055.87M||154,019.72M||144,243.89M|
|Dividends Per Share||4.54||5.62||2.50||4||4.20|
|Operating cash flow||259,174.72M||190,685.52M||-18,834.07M||-25,748.60M||265,267.52M|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||6,113.54M||6,112.16M||5,655.50M||5,107.69M||4,666.16M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.14||0.17||0.08||0.13||0.13|
|Operating cash flow||8,161.93M||5,912.58M||-619.07M||-853.89M||8,581.18M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Yang-wei Liu
- Head-Finance & Deputy Spokesman: Te Tsai Huang
- Associate Vice President: Jim Hung
- Head-Accounting: Tsung Kai Chou
- IR Contact: Chun Han Yang
- KUO TAI MING /HONHAI/ (11.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (3.1%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.8%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.8%)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (1.3%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC (1.2%)
- Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (Invt Port) (1.2%)
- Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (1.2%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.1%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.0%)
- Address: No. 2 Tzu Yu Street, Tucheng District, New Taipei, 236 78, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.2268.3466
- Foxconn Australia Pty Ltd.
- Yuzhan Precision Technology Japan Co., Ltd.
- Cloud Network Technology USA, Inc.
- FIH India Developer Pvt Ltd.
- Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd.
- Fusing International, Inc. Pte Ltd.
- CMM Service Pte. Ltd.
- Ingrasys (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- Beijing FUNATE Innovation Technology Co., Ltd
- 2020 Co. Ltd.
- Baichang Technology Service (Tianjin) Ltd.
- Foxconn Optical Interconnect Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Futaihua Industry (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd.
- Foxconn Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- New Beyond Maximum Industrial Ltd.
- Foxconn (Kunshan) Computer Connector Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn Precision International Ltd.
- High-Jin Enterprise Co. Ltd.
- IPL International Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Falcon Precision Trading Ltd.
- Fast Victor Ltd.
- Cloud Network Technology (Samoa) Ltd.
- Cloud Network Technology Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Hightech Electronics Components, Inc.
- PCE Paragon Solutions USA, Inc.
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. (China)
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Zhengzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn eMS, Inc.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
- Sanmina-SCI Corporation
- Jabil Inc.
- Celestica Inc.
- CommScope Holding Co., Inc.
- Electric Connector Technology Co., Ltd. Class A
- ASE Technology Holding Co., Ltd.
- Universal Scientific Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Class A
- PT Sat Nusapersada Tbk
- Boxlight Corp Class A
- Hotron Precision Electronic Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Applied Optoelectronics, Inc.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- UDE Corp.
- G-SHANK Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Arlo Technologies, Inc.
- Kortek Corporation
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 29 May, 2020