Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- 77.30 TWD
TaiwanJun 20, 2019
Market cap (TWD)1,077.15B
Market cap (USD)34,367.21M
In the news
- China backs down on Hong Kong extradition bill ahead of G-20 Jun 16, 2019
- Sharp wants Sakai plant back in fold for TV displays: CEO Jun 15, 2019
- Mexico-reliant Japanese companies scramble to review supply chains Jun 1, 2019
- Huawei's Asian suppliers take a beating in stock market rout May 30, 2019
- Huawei and suppliers dust off backup plans to prepare for storm May 18, 2019 See more articles on Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Hon Hai Precision Industry, the world's largest contract manufacturing company, employs more than 1 million workers in China, its main production base. The company produces smartphones, tablet computers and television sets for clients from around the world. It makes the most of its metal mold technology and low-cost production to deliver new products to customers fast.
The company was set up in 1974 by Chairman Terry Gou. After expanding operations through the connector business, it made a full-scale move into contract manufacturing in the 1990s. Business ties with Apple deepened in the 2000s, and the company grew rapidly thanks to orders from the U.S. electronics giant, primarily for smartphones.
Recently, however, Apple's growth has slowed. Hon Hai has thus been looking to diversify its operations. It entered the telecom market by winning a Taiwan fourth-generation high-speed mobile spectrum license in a 2013 auction. In contract manufacturing too, it aims at expanding the range of items it produces. In June this year, Hon Hai acquired a stake in the robotics subsidiary of Japan's SoftBank. Hon Hai is also looking to relocate some production to India and Southeast Asian countries because of rising labor costs in China. It is also stepping up efforts to automate production at plants by introducing industrial robots.
Chairman Gou is known as a charismatic business executive, but the absence of a successor to him is a problem for the company.
|Income before tax||154,019.72M||5,107.69M|
|Dividends Per Share||--||--|
|Operating cash flow||-25,748.60M||-853.89M|
|Currency in TWD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||171,140.35M||194,129.97M||197,122.29M||172,055.87M||154,019.72M|
|Dividends Per Share||4.11||4.54||5.62||2.50||--|
|Operating cash flow||202,744.41M||259,174.72M||190,685.52M||-18,834.07M||-25,748.60M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||5,647.59M||6,113.54M||6,112.16M||5,655.50M||5,107.69M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.13||0.14||0.17||0.08||--|
|Operating cash flow||6,690.52M||8,161.93M||5,912.58M||-619.07M||-853.89M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Terry Gou
- Chief Financial Officer: Huang Chiu-lien
- Deputy General Manager: Yi Pin Chien
- Director & Deputy General Manager: Fang Ming Lu
- Head-Accounting: Tsung Kai Chou
- GOU TERRY (11.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (3.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.1%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.7%)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (1.4%)
- Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (1.2%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. (1.1%)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management) (1.1%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.1%)
- BlackRock Japan Co., Ltd. (0.9%)
- Address: No. 2 Tzu Yu Street, Tucheng District, New Taipei, 236 78, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.2268.3466
- Cloud Network Technology USA, Inc.
- FIH India Developer Pvt Ltd.
- Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd.
- Fusing International, Inc. Pte Ltd.
- CMM Service Pte. Ltd.
- Ingrasys (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- Beijing FUNATE Innovation Technology Co., Ltd
- 2020 Co. Ltd.
- Baichang Technology Service (Tianjin) Ltd.
- Foxconn Optical Interconnect Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Futaihua Industry (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd.
- Foxconn Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- New Beyond Maximum Industrial Ltd.
- Foxconn (Kunshan) Computer Connector Co., Ltd.
- Falcon Precision Trading Ltd.
- Fast Victor Ltd.
- PCE Paragon Solutions USA, Inc.
- Rising Stars Mobile India Pvt Ltd.
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. (China)
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Zhengzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn eMS, Inc.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.
- Forteq Holdings, Inc.
- Hongfujin Accuracy Industry (Shanxi) Co. Ltd.
- Kunshan Nano New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
- Fusing International, Inc.
- Hon Yuan International Investment Co. Ltd.
- FIT Hon Teng Limited
- Fukui Precision Component (ShenZhen) Co. Ltd.
- Sanmina-SCI Corporation
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
- Jabil Inc.
- Celestica Inc.
- Universal Scientific Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Class A
- ASE Technology Holding Co., Ltd.
- Arlo Technologies, Inc.
- UDE Corp.
- Guangdong Silver Age Sci & Tech Co., Ltd. Class A
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc.
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- G-SHANK Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Lumentum Holdings, Inc.
- Aerospace Communications Holdings Co., Ltd. Class A
- Boxlight Corp Class A
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 Jun, 2019