Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- 86.60 TWD
TaiwanApr 18, 2018
Market cap (TWD)1,469.47B
Market cap (USD)50,055.41M
In the news
- Foxconn industrial PC unit slows down M&A, eyes 'Made in China 2025' Apr 17, 2018
- Taiwanese Apple supplier opens pet hospital Apr 16, 2018
- Hong Kong shares lead Nikkei Asia300 Index lower Apr 16, 2018
- Taiwan chipmaker thrives on growing AI demand Apr 13, 2018
- Taiwan's tech sector still sluggish despite sales rebound Apr 13, 2018 See more articles on Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Hon Hai Precision Industry, the world's largest contract manufacturing company, employs more than 1 million workers in China, its main production base. The company produces smartphones, tablet computers and television sets for clients from around the world. It makes the most of its metal mold technology and low-cost production to deliver new products to customers fast.
The company was set up in 1974 by Chairman Terry Gou. After expanding operations through the connector business, it made a full-scale move into contract manufacturing in the 1990s. Business ties with Apple deepened in the 2000s, and the company grew rapidly thanks to orders from the U.S. electronics giant, primarily for smartphones.
Recently, however, Apple's growth has slowed. Hon Hai has thus been looking to diversify its operations. It entered the telecom market by winning a Taiwan fourth-generation high-speed mobile spectrum license in a 2013 auction. In contract manufacturing too, it aims at expanding the range of items it produces. In June this year, Hon Hai acquired a stake in the robotics subsidiary of Japan's SoftBank. Hon Hai is also looking to relocate some production to India and Southeast Asian countries because of rising labor costs in China. It is also stepping up efforts to automate production at plants by introducing industrial robots.
Chairman Gou is known as a charismatic business executive, but the absence of a successor to him is a problem for the company.
|Income before tax||172,055.87M||5,655.50M|
|Dividends Per Share||--||--|
|Operating cash flow||-18,834.07M||-619.07M|
|Currency in TWD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||131,457.62M||171,140.35M||194,129.97M||197,122.29M||172,055.87M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.39||3.29||3.63||4.50||--|
|Operating cash flow||178,002.94M||202,744.41M||259,174.72M||190,685.52M||-18,834.07M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||4,428.97M||5,647.59M||6,113.54M||6,112.16M||5,655.50M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.04||0.10||0.11||0.13||--|
|Operating cash flow||5,997.15M||6,690.52M||8,161.93M||5,912.58M||-619.07M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Terry Gou
- Chief Financial Officer: Te Tsai Huang
- Manager-Central Information: Chao-An Chou
- VP & GM-Technology Merging Services Business: Ho Leung Cheung
- Deputy General Manager: Cheng Wu Tai
- GOU TERRY (12.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.3%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.9%)
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Investment Management) (1.8%)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management) (1.8%)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. (1.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.3%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. (1.1%)
- APG Asset Management NV (0.9%)
- Address: No. 2 Tzu Yu Street, Tucheng District, New Taipei City, 23678, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.2268.3466
- Foxconn (Kunshan) Computer Connector Co., Ltd.
- Falcon Precision Trading Ltd.
- Fast Victor Ltd.
- PCE Paragon Solutions USA, Inc.
- Rising Stars Mobile India Pvt Ltd.
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. (China)
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics Tianjin Co., Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Zhengzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Foxconn eMS, Inc.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.
- Forteq Holdings, Inc.
- Hongfujin Accuracy Industry (Shanxi) Co. Ltd.
- Kunshan Nano New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
- Fusing International, Inc.
- Hon Yuan International Investment Co. Ltd.
- FIT Hon Teng Limited
- Fukui Precision Component (ShenZhen) Co. Ltd.
- WWW (Jin Cheng) Co. Ltd.
- Fu Tai Hua Precision Electronics (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Chengdu) Co., Ltd.
- Best Leap Enterprises Ltd.
- Hongfujin Precision Industry (Wuhan) Co. Ltd.
- Foxconn Slovakia spol sro
- Ambit Microsystems Corp.
- Li I International Investment Co. Ltd.
- Cybermart International Holding Co.
- Fuyu Electronic Technology (Huai'an) Co., Ltd.
- Li Yi International Investment Co. Ltd.
- Hong Fu Jin Precision Industry (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
- Champ Tech Optical (Foshan) Corp.
- Sanmina-SCI Corporation
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
- Jabil Inc.
- Celestica Inc.
- Universal Scientific Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Class A
- SINBON Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc.
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- G-Shank Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Billion Electric Co., Ltd.
- Aerospace Communications Holdings Co., Ltd. Class A
- Applied Optoelectronics, Inc.
- ARRIS International Plc
- Lumentum Holdings, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 18 Apr, 2018