Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- 120,500.00 KRW
South KoreaJun 26, 2019
Market cap (KRW)8,457.38B
Market cap (USD)7,311.33M
In the news
- Philippine Navy looks to join rescue bid for Subic shipyard Mar 4, 2019
- South Korea to seize on world's first full 5G network Mar 2, 2019
- South Korea plans aid for shipbuilder hurt by Philippine yard Feb 14, 2019
- Hyundai Heavy sets March goal for Daewoo Shipbuilding deal Feb 2, 2019
- Chinese and South Korean support for shipbuilders irks Japan May 24, 2018 See more articles on Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries is one of the world's largest shipbuilders. It is also involved in oil refining through its subsidiary, Hyundai Oilbank. The company is one of the largest manufacturers in South Korea after Samsung Electronics, Hyundai Motor and others, with annual sales of around 50 trillion won.
Shipbuilding and oil refining are the company's two main sources of revenue. It also conducts business in areas such as offshore and engineering, construction equipment and electro electric systems.
The company's specialization in high-value-added vessels such as liquefied natural gas carriers and drill ships propelled it to the top of the shipbuilding industry in terms of volume years ago. Earnings, however, are precarious because of increased competition from Chinese rivals since the 2008 global financial crisis.
In the year ended December 2014, the company logged its biggest operating loss since its 1973 founding. It is now implementing structural reforms such as consolidating its group businesses, cutting jobs and reducing salaries. Unlike Hyundai Motor, which has a powerful labor union, relations between staff and management at Hyundai Heavy Industries are favorable. However, its unionized workers in 2014 staged their first strike in about 20 years to protest against the structural reforms.
Chung Mong-joon, the sixth son of the Hyundai conglomerate founder Chung Ju-yung, is the company's major shareholder. Chung, who has also served as chairman of the Korea Football Association and a member of the National Assembly, has decisive influence over the management of the company. Chung is expected to pass the baton to his son in the future.
|Income before tax||-854,036.98M||-776.03M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0|
|Operating cash flow||-777,611.37M||-706.58M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||-3,105.04B||-1,841.41B||96,027.01M||-26,905.46M||-854,036.98M|
|Dividends Per Share||2,556.96||--||--||0||0|
|Operating cash flow||1,691.67B||-680,519.06M||2,055.03B||978,574.01M||-777,611.37M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||-2,949.71M||-1,626.97M||82.76M||-23.79M||-776.03M|
|Dividends Per Share||2.42||--||--||0||0|
|Operating cash flow||1,607.05M||-601.26M||1,771.29M||865.60M||-706.58M|
- Vice Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer: Oh-Gap Kwon
- President, Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director: Hwan-Goo Kang
- President & Director: Sam-Hyeon Gah
- Chief Financial Officer: Young-Chul Cho
- Vice President & Head-Compliance Management: Sea-Heon Oh
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Co., Ltd. (30.9%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.1%)
- KCC Corp. (6.6%)
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. ESOA (3.3%)
- Asan Foundation (2.3%)
- Hyundai Motor Co., Ltd. (2.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.8%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.8%)
- Address: 1000 Bangeojin Sunhwan-doro, Dong-gu, Ulsan, 44032, South Korea
- Phone: +188.8.131.524
- Hyundai Global Service Co. Ltd.
- Hotel Hyundai Vladivostock
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. /3 Subs/
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Green Energy Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai Electrosystems LLC
- Hyundai Commercial Center Kazakhstan LLC
- Hyundai Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Songjae Industries Co., Ltd.
- Taebaek Wind Power Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Brasil-Industria e Comercio de Equi
- Hyundai Power Transformers USA, Inc.
- Changzhou Hyundai Hydraulic Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai (Shandong) Heavy Industries Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai (Jiangsu) Construction Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai Oil Singapore Pte Ltd.
- PT Hyundai Machinery Indonesia
- Hyundai Energy & Resources Co., Ltd.
- Yantai Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai Construction Equipment Maroc SARL
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- Hyundai Construction Equipment Australia Pty Ltd.
- Hyundai Construction Equipment Service Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. ESOA
- Wartsila Hyundai Engine Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries France
- Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe BV
- Hyundai Engineer Construction Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Hellas P&R Davari SA
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Europe
- Wartsila Oyj Abp
- Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd
- IHI Corporation
- China CSSC Holdings Limited Class A
- Hitachi Zosen Corporation
- China Shipbuilding Industry Company Limited Class A
- Volkswagen AG Pref
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding (Holdings) Ltd.
- JFE Holdings, Inc.
- Doosan Corporation
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Doosan Infracore Co., Ltd
- CSBC Corp. Taiwan
- HSD Engine Co., Ltd
- STX Engine Co., Ltd.
- Iljin Holdings Co., Ltd.
- SPX Corporation
- Gaztransport & Technigaz SA
- BHI Co., Ltd.
- TechnipFMC Plc
- McDermott International, Inc.
- Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd
- Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Daesung Industrial Co., Ltd
- Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Co., Ltd
- Petrofac Limited
- SunPower Corporation
- Hyunjin Materials Co., Ltd
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 26 Jun, 2019