Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd.
In the news
- Turkish sovereign wealth fund courts China's Belt and Road Aug 12, 2020
- Vulture funds poised to swoop in on non-performing loans in China Aug 9, 2020
- Chinese tycoon scrambles to hold Goldin empire together Jul 24, 2020
- Kweichow Moutai shares spill after Chinese state media attack Jul 16, 2020
- US threatens to cut off Chinese banks' access to dollars Jul 16, 2020 See more articles on Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd.
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) is China's largest bank. Established in 1984, ICBC is one of China's four biggest state-owned commercial banks, alongside China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China and Bank of China. ICBC was simultaneously listed on both the Hong Kong Exchange and the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Oct. 27, 2006.
As of the end of 2014, ICBC had 5.09 million corporate customers and 465 million retail customers. In addition to its 17,000 domestic branches, it has branches in 41 countries.
ICBC is also focusing on Internet banking. It has strong earning capacity, thanks to its vast customer base and the country's regulated bank deposit rates. ICBC and U.S. bank Wells Fargo are competing head to head for the world's top bank in terms of market capitalization.
Its revenue mainly comes from its domestic branches. Its subsidiaries include a leasing company as well as an asset management company and an insurer that establish joint ventures with foreign companies. ICBC has also expanded into global markets through acquisitions and other means. It aims to become a global titan on par with financial groups like JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup of the U.S.
|Income before tax||508,635.17M||65,437.51M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.34||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||963,023.81M||123,896.05M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||417,061.15M||437,447.24M||441,398.53M||439,164.08M||508,635.17M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.28||0.28||0.28||0.31||0.34|
|Operating cash flow||623,928.40M||485,871.27M||663,889.95M||592,877.47M||963,023.81M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||53,518.66M||55,814.31M||56,335.33M||56,622.53M||65,437.51M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.03||0.03||0.03||0.04||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||80,064.55M||61,992.78M||84,731.73M||76,441.18M||123,896.05M|
- Vice Chairman & President: Lin Liao
- Senior Executive VP, GM-Finance & Accounting: Wen Wu Zhang
- Senior Executive Vice President: Wei Wu Zhang
- Executive Director & Senior Executive VP: Guo Yu Zheng
- Director-Strategic Management: Ji Hong Gu
- Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. (13.9%)
- National Council for Social Security Fund (8.9%)
- Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (8.4%)
- Taiping Asset Management Co., Ltd. (5.0%)
- Taiping Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (Investment Portfolio) (5.0%)
- China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (4.6%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.1%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.2%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.9%)
- Address: No. 55 Fuxingmennei Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100140, China
- Phone: +86.10.6610.6114
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (Panama)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd., Beijing, Zurich
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Baoding Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (Sichuan)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Xiaguan Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Qinhuangdao)
- ICBC Deyang Jingyang Branch
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China /Liaoning Branch/
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Shantou Branch
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China /Yangpu Branch/
- ICBC Wealth Management Co., Ltd.
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (Luxembourg Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, Qingdao Chengyang bra
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Corp. Changjiang Branch
- ICBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Nanfeng Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Anshun Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Heilongjiang)
- ICBC Ltd. (Nanjing Xiaguan Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. Peking
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China /Weihai/
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Zhuhai)
- Zhejiang Pinghu ICBC Rural Bank Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Bishan ICBC Rural Bank Co., Ltd.
- ICBC Austria Bank GmbH
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China /Sichuan Branch/
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Luzhou Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Guangyuan Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Neijiang Branch)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China /Wuhu/
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China /Fuyang/
- Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd.
- Grupo Supervielle SA Class B
- Banco Macro SA Class B
- CIMB Thai Bank Public Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2023 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 27 Jan, 2023
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.