Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
JG Summit Holdings, Inc.
- 53.50 PHP
PhilippinesAug 15, 2018
Market cap (PHP)379,630.59M
Market cap (USD)7,096.56M
In the news
- Philippine tycoon Andrew Tan steps aside for son Jun 5, 2018
- Philippine conglomerate JG Summit names new CEO Apr 27, 2018
- Philippines' Universal Robina appoints first outsider CEO Apr 25, 2018
- Philippine publisher Summit Media to stop printing magazines Apr 19, 2018
- Singapore stocks gain, helped by real estate firms after private home prices jump Apr 2, 2018 See more articles on JG Summit Holdings, Inc.
JG Summit Holdings is the umbrellas company for Filipino-Chinese tycoon John Gokongwei's business ventures. Gonkongwei was the Philippines' fifth-richest man in 2013, according to media outlet Forbes. The conglomerate has interests in food and beverages (Universal Robina), property development (Robinsons Land), aviation (Cebu Air), financial services (Robinsons Bank) and petrochemicals (JG Summit Olefins).
Universal Robina is one of the country's leading snack and beverage manufacturers. It operates production facilities in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and will soon do so in Myanmar. Robinsons Land is the country's second biggest mall developer; Cebu Pacific is the Philippines' largest budget carrier. At present, the company is headed by Gokongwei's brother, CEO James Go. The tycoon's son, Lance, is the conglomerate's president and chief operating officer. Lance, who runs Cebu Pacific, Universal Robina and Robinsons Land, has a double degree in finance and applied science from the University of Pennsylvania.
JG Summit also has around 27% stake in power distribution company Manila Electric, which it bought from San Miguel last year. It also has an 8% stake in Philippines Long Distance Telephone after the dominant carrier merged with the then Gokongwei-led Digital Telecommunications Philippines via a share-swap agreement.
|Income before tax||45,020.50M||893.00M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.30||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||45,415.42M||900.83M|
|Currency in PHP||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||17,494.79M||23,026.36M||29,852.82M||19,628.99M||45,020.50M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.20||0.22||0.25||0.23||0.30|
|Operating cash flow||43,778.75M||23,505.10M||48,277.66M||63,713.69M||45,415.42M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||411.93M||518.74M||655.63M||413.35M||893.00M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||1,030.82M||529.52M||1,060.27M||1,341.69M||900.83M|
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Lance Yu Gokongwei
- Chief Financial Officer: Francisco M. del Mundo
- Compliance Officer: Arlene Sta. Rosa-Denzon
- Senior Vice President & General Counsel: Maria Celia H. Fernandez-Estavillo
- Treasurer & Vice President: Aldrich T. Javellana
- Gokongwei Brothers Foundation, Inc. (27.8%)
- GOKONGWEI LANCE YU (7.5%)
- Ego Investments Holdings Ltd. (3.7%)
- GOKONGWEI PE ROBINA Y (2.5%)
- GO JAMES L (2.0%)
- GOKONGWEI CHENG LIZA YU (1.9%)
- Gosotto & Co., Inc. (1.4%)
- GOKONGWEI FAITH ONG (1.3%)
- GOKONGWEI MARCIA (1.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.8%)
- Address: Robinsons Equitable Tower, ADB Avenue corner Poveda Road, Pasig City, 1600, Philippines
- Phone: +63.2.633.7631
- Jg Petrochemical Corp.
- Jg Summit Holdings Philippines Ltd.
- Summit Point Services Ltd.
- Summit Internet Investments, Inc.
- Cambridge Electronics Corp.
- JG Summit Olefins Corp.
- JGSH Philippines Ltd.
- JG Summit Capital Services Corp.
- Robinsons Bank Corp.
- Unicon Insurance Brokers Corp.
- CP Air Holdings, Inc.
- Batangas Agro-Industrial Development Corp.
- Summit Forex Brokers Corp.
- Multinational Finance Group Ltd.
- Robinsons Savings Bank
- First Private Power Corp.
- JG Summit Capital Markets Corp.
- Cebu Air Inc.
- JG Summit Petrochemical Corp.
- JG Summit Ltd.
- Summit Top Investments Ltd.
- Litton Mills, Inc.
- Express Holdings, Inc.
- JG Summit (Cayman) Ltd.
- Telegraph Developments Ltd.
- JG Summit Philippines Ltd.
- Robinsons Land Corp.
- Universal Robina Corp.
- SM Investments Corporation
- Century Properties Group Inc.
- San Miguel Corp.
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Kraft Heinz Company
- LT Group, Inc.
- CJ CheilJedang Corporation
- Nestle S.A.
- San Miguel Food & Beverage, Inc.
- PT Mayora Indah Tbk
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc.
- Mondelez International, Inc. Class A
- Megaworld Corp.
- Rockwell Land Corp.
- SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
- Ayala Land Inc.
- Del Monte Pacific Limited
- Filinvest Land Incorporated
- PAL Holdings, Inc.
- Vista Land & Lifescapes, Inc.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited
- Thai Airways International Public Co. Ltd.
- AirAsia Group Bhd.
- Wyndham Destinations, Inc.
- Qantas Airways Limited
- Singapore Airlines Ltd.
- Petron Corp.
- Philippine Bank of Communications, Inc.
- Accor SA
- Malayan Banking Bhd.
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 15 Aug, 2018