KB Financial Group, Inc.
In the news
- Temasek leads $220m round for Indian online pharma startup Nov 30, 2019
- Asia Inc. comes roaring back in 2017 Mar 16, 2018
- Asian markets rise after Fed delivers widely expected rate increase Dec 14, 2017
- Top three South Korean banking groups post robust 3Q profits Oct 30, 2017
- South Korean brokerage houses eye Vietnamese market Sep 28, 2017 See more articles on KB Financial Group, Inc.
KB Financial Group is a major player in South Korea's financial services sector. The holding company presides over KB Kookmin Bank, KB Kookmin Card, KB Investment & Securities and KB Life Insurance. As of the end of December 2014, the consolidated total assets of KB Financial Group ranked alongside those of South Korea's top financial holding companies.
KB Kookmin Bank was formed over time through the merger of a number of other major South Korean financial institutions, especially in 1998 and 2001. It shifted to the financial holding company system in 2008. In terms of assets, KB Financial Group ranks alongside the holding companies of other major institutions such as Shinhan Financial Group and Hana Financial Group. The group was the latest in reorganizing itself into a holding company structure.
KB Financial Group has operations in Japan, the U.S. and Britain as well as in China, India and Southeast Asian nations such as Vietnam. It is expanding its overseas network as corporate clients set up shop abroad. It aims to further broaden overseas operations as it lags behind Hana and other rivals in this regard.
As the South Korean economy remains weak, the Bank of Korea, the central bank, has brought down its benchmark interest rate to a record low of 1.5%. Against this backdrop, KB Financial is faced with the need to create a new earnings model in the business environment, in which new payment settlement systems based on fintech and other information technologies, for example, are expected to catch on.
|Income before tax||6,050.12B||5,283.22M|
|Dividends Per Share||2,940||2.56|
|Operating cash flow||8,322.87B||7,267.87M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||4,138.42B||4,301.53B||4,517.53B||4,848.49B||6,050.12B|
|Dividends Per Share||1,920||1,920||2,210||1,770||2,940|
|Operating cash flow||3,014.12B||10,033.18B||4,146.19B||-699,500M||8,322.87B|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||3,660.66M||3,908.64M||3,873.77M||4,109.28M||5,283.22M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.69||1.74||1.89||1.50||2.56|
|Operating cash flow||2,666.16M||9,116.78M||3,555.34M||-592.85M||7,267.87M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Jong-Kyoo Yoon
- Vice Chairman & Chief Operating Officer: Jong-Hee Yang
- Chief Finance Officer & Senior Managing Director: S. Y. Seo
- Chief Information Technology Officer: Jin Soo Yoon
- Chief Compliance Officer & Managing Director: Hye Ja Suh
- National Pension Service of Korea (8.2%)
- KB Financial Group, Inc. (5.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.3%)
- Kb Financial Group, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Association (1.8%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.6%)
- Hermes Investment Management Ltd. (1.4%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC (1.3%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.0%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. (0.9%)
- Address: 26 Gukjegeumyung-ro 8-gil, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, 07331, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.2073.7114
- KB KOLAO Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Silver Investment 2nd Co., Ltd.
- KB Investments Holdings Ltd.
- KB 13th Securitization Specialty Co. Ltd.
- KB Savings Bank Co., Ltd.
- Wise Mobile First Securitization Specialty Co., Ltd.
- Yehansoul Mutual Savings Bank
- KB Kookmin Bank
- KB Kookmin Card Co., Ltd.
- KB 14th Securitization Specialty Co., Ltd.
- KB Wise Star CR REIT No.1 Co., Ltd.
- KB 9th ABS Speciality Co. Ltd.
- KB 8th ABS Speciality Co. Ltd.
- KB 1st Mortgage Loan Specialty Co. Ltd.
- KB 13th ABS Specialtiy Co., Ltd.
- KB 12th ABS Specialtiy Co. Ltd.
- KB 11th ABS Specialty Co. Ltd.
- KB 10th ABS Specialty Co. Ltd.
- Kamco Value Recreation 3rd ABS Specialty Co. Ltd.
- Eubora ABS Specialty Co. Ltd.
- KB Card Co., Ltd.
- Kb Financial Group, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Association
- KB Credit Information Co., Ltd.
- KB Real Estate Trust Co., Ltd.
- Prudential Life Insurance Company of Korea Ltd.
- KB Data Systems Co., Ltd.
- KB Investment Co., Ltd.
- PT Bank KB Bukopin Tbk
- KB Capital Co., Ltd.
- KB Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- KakaoBank Corp.
- Lotte Non-Life Insurance Co., Ltd
- Samsung Securities Co., Ltd.
- KT Corporation
- ASIA CEMENT Co., Ltd.
- CLIO Cosmetics co., Ltd
- Do Day Dream Public Co. Ltd.
- IT'S HANBUL CO. LTD.
- Natura & Co Holding SA
- SK Rent a Car Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 4 Oct, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.