Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd.
In the news
- Thailand unveils new cabinet with economic czar from PTT group Aug 6, 2020
- ASEAN banks told to stay cautious with more COVID-19 trouble ahead Aug 6, 2020
- Harvard alum plots disruption of Asia's money-changers Jun 2, 2020
- ASEAN banks prepare for flood of bad loans amid coronavirus havoc May 8, 2020
- Yoma Bank sets the pace as Myanmar's banking sector opens up May 5, 2020 See more articles on Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd.
Kasikornbank is Thailand's fourth largest bank by assets. In 2003, it changed its former English name Thai Farmers Bank to the current name which is the same sound as the Thai name. It has over 1,000 branches nationwide and some overseas branches mainly in China. Eyeing the start of the Asean Economic Community in 2015, it is planning to expand into neighboring Asean countries such as Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.
The bank was established in 1945 by ethnic Chinese Choti Lamsam as a small bank in Bangkok and went public in 1976. Expansion was backed by a strong customer base of farmers. It has the largest portfolio of loans to small and midsize enterprises among the country's four big banks.
Current Chairman Banthoon Lamsam is the grandson of founder Choti. In 2009, the bank increased its stake in Muang Thai Group Holding, a privately held insurance company that was founded by another member of the Lamsam family, to 51% and is cooperating in sales of insurance at its bank branches.
|Income before tax||52,667.18M||1,645.01M|
|Dividends Per Share||3.25||0.10|
|Operating cash flow||114,826.15M||3,586.49M|
|Currency in THB||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||48,516.67M||54,553.28M||53,706.13M||41,540.16M||52,667.18M|
|Dividends Per Share||4||4||5||2.50||3.25|
|Operating cash flow||146,121.95M||145,453.82M||119,551.13M||108,389.67M||114,826.15M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||1,429.75M||1,687.53M||1,729.95M||1,327.36M||1,645.01M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.11||0.12||0.16||0.07||0.10|
|Operating cash flow||4,306.12M||4,499.41M||3,850.92M||3,463.46M||3,586.49M|
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Kattiya Indaravijaya
- Co-President & Executive Director: Pipit Aneaknithi
- Co-President & Executive Director: Patchara Samalapa
- Co-President & Executive Director: Krit Jitjang
- Co-President & Executive Director: Pipatpong Poshyanonda
- Social Security Office of Thailand (3.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.3%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.1%)
- TMB Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd. (0.4%)
- Krungsri Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.4%)
- APG Asset Management NV (0.4%)
- Orbis Investment Management Ltd. (0.4%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd. (0.2%)
- Newton Investment Management Ltd. (0.2%)
- Address: 1 Soi Rat Burana 27/1, Rat Burana Rd, Rat Burana Sub-District, Bangkok, 10140, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.222.0000
- Kasikorn Vision Financial Co. Pte Ltd.
- Kasikorn Vision Co., Ltd.
- KASIKORN Global Payment Co., Ltd.
- Progress Gunpai Security Guard Co., Ltd.
- Progress Multi Insurance Broker Co., Ltd.
- Beacon Interface Co., Ltd.
- Kasikorn Vision Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Progress Service Security Guard Co., Ltd.
- AI GEN Co., Ltd.
- Registered Provident Fund of Kasikornbank
- KASIKORNBANK (China) Co., Ltd.
- Beacon Venture Capital LTD
- Kasikorn Business-Technology Group
- KASIKORNTHAI BANK Ltd.
- Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd. (Shenzhen Branch)
- Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd. (Los Angeles Branch)
- Starbright Finance Co., Ltd.
- Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd. (Cayman Islands)
- Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd. (Hong Kong Branch)
- Thanyathamrongkij Co. Ltd.
- Kasikorn Research Center Co., Ltd.
- Progress Training Co., Ltd.
- KHAO KLA Venture Capital Management Co. Ltd.
- Thanyanithiwattana Co. Ltd.
- Thanyathanathavee Co. Ltd.
- Kasikorn Factory & Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Kasikorn Factoring Co. Ltd.
- Phethai Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- Progress Storage Co., Ltd.
- Progress Software Co. Ltd.
- TISCO Financial Group Public Co. Ltd.
- Bank of Ayudhya Public Co., Ltd.
- Kiatnakin Phatra Bank Public Co. Ltd.
- Krung Thai Bank Public Co., Ltd.
- LH Financial Group PCL
- Mega Financial Holding Co., Ltd.
- SCB X Public Company Limited
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings, Inc.
- CIMB Group Holdings Bhd
- Bank of China Limited Class H
- Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited
- United Overseas Bank Ltd. (Singapore)
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited Class H
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
- TMBThanachart Bank Public Company Limited
- Standard Chartered PLC
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc.
- KGI Securities (Thailand) Public Co., Ltd.
- CIMB Thai Bank Public Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 30 Sep, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.