Kobe Steel, Ltd.
In the news
- Japan steelmakers deny pay hikes as trade war saps demand Mar 10, 2020
- China's industrial core at standstill as cities extend shutdown Jan 28, 2020
- Will your next car be made from paper and plastic? Dec 11, 2019
- Japan chip industry heavyweight joins China's Unigroup Nov 16, 2019
- Why rugby spirit matters to Japan companies Sep 21, 2019 See more articles on Kobe Steel, Ltd.
Kobe Steel, Ltd. engages in the manufacture, production, and sale of iron and steel. It operates through the following segments: Iron and Steel, Welding, Aluminum and Copper, Machinery, Engineering, Construction Machinery, Power, and Other Businesses. The Iron and Steel Business segment includes steel wire rods and bars, steel sheets, steel billets, steel castings and forgings, titanium and titanium alloys, foundry pig iron, slag products, stainless steel tube, construction materials, and other specialty steel products. The Welding Business segment provides welding materials, welding systems, high functional materials and related services. The Aluminum and Copper Business segment covers aluminum sheets and plates, aluminum extrusions and fabricated products, aluminum castings and forgings, copper sheets and strips and copper tubes. The Machinery Business segment provides tire and rubber machinery, plastic processing machinery, advanced technology equipment, metalworking machinery, nonstandard compressors, standard compressors, chemical and energy equipment, nuclear power equipment and related services. The Engineering Business segment includes ironmaking processes, iron ore-pelletizing system, nuclear power products, chemical weapons destruction services, steel structures and sabo, urban transit systems and upgrading of low-rank coal. The Construction Machinery Business segment covers construction equipment, construction recycling machinery, metal recycling machinery, resource recycling machinery and forestry machinery. The Other Businesses segment provides real estate development, construction, sales, brokering and remodeling, material analysis and testing, structural assessment, manufacture and sale of sputtering targets. The company was founded on September 1, 1905 and is headquartered in Kobe, Japan.
|Income before tax||48,985M||441.72M|
|Dividends Per Share||20||0.18|
|Operating cash flow||67,136M||605.40M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||104,325M||-10,619M||-10,961M||73,168M||48,985M|
|Dividends Per Share||40||20||0||30||20|
|Operating cash flow||153,078M||97,933M||141,716M||190,832M||67,136M|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||949.64M||-88.42M||-101.22M||660.16M||441.72M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.36||0.16||0||0.27||0.18|
|Operating cash flow||1,393.43M||815.53M||1,308.70M||1,721.80M||605.40M|
- Head-Company-Wide Compliance: Kunio Uchiyamada
- Director & Executive Vice President: Fusaki Koshiishi
- Director & Executive Vice President: Koichiro Shibata
- Vice President: Kazuto Morisaki
- Senior Managing Executive Officer: Yukimasa Miyashita
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (5.3%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.5%)
- Asset Management One Co., Ltd. (3.3%)
- NIPPON STEEL CORP. (2.9%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (2.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.8%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.7%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (1.3%)
- Address: Shinko Building, 2-2-4 Wakinohama Kaigandori, Kobe, 651-8585, Japan
- Phone: +81.78.261.5111
- Kobe Steel Ltd. /Flare Protection Business/
- Kobe Steel Ltd. /Steel Check Dam Business/
- Kobelco ROBOTIX Co., Ltd.
- Shinko Pantec Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Millcon Steel Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Aluminum Products & Extrusions, Inc.
- Kobe Steel Board Incentive Plan
- Beijing Kobelion Kobelco Compressors Corp.
- Sheng Shi Kobelco Compressors (Beijing) Corp.
- Kobe MIG Wire (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Compressors (Shanghai) Corp.
- Kobelco Machinery Asia Pte Ltd.
- Shanghai Kobelco (China) Holding Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Automotive Alminum Rolled Products (China) Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Advanced Lube-System Asia Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery Middle East FZE
- Kobelco Compressors (Cambodia) Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery do Brasil Servicos Empresariais Ltda.
- Kobelco Compressors America, Inc. (California)
- Kobelco Compressors Manufacturing (Shanghai) Corp.
- L&T Kobelco Machinery Pvt Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery India Pvt Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery Europe GmbH
- Kobe Wire Products (Foshan) Co. Ltd.
- KOBELCO Construction Machinery USA, Inc.
- Kobelco & Materials Copper Tube (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Microfine Trading (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- KOBELCO Compressors & Machinery Philippines Corp.
- Kobe Welding of Qingdao Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Precision Parts (Suzhou) Co. Ltd.
- NIPPON STEEL CORP.
- Outotec Oyj
- Mueller Industries, Inc.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
- Howmet Aerospace Inc.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Manitowoc Company, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 3 Apr, 2020