Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- 880.00 JPY
JapanApr 19, 2019
Market cap (JPY)318,454.32M
Market cap (USD)2,846.26M
In the news
- Japan's lopsided M&A boom Mar 4, 2019
- Renault and Nissan are losing sight of the bigger picture Feb 25, 2019
- Asia shares the blame for its export slump Jan 28, 2019
- Crumbling and empty plants led Japan Inc. astray Nov 11, 2018
- Power line insulators lacked inspections, says NGK May 24, 2018 See more articles on Kobe Steel, Ltd.
Kobe Steel, Ltd. engages in the manufacture, production, and sale of iron and steel. It operates through the following segments: Iron and Steel, Welding, Aluminum and Copper, Machinery, Engineering, Construction Machinery, Power, and Other Businesses. The Iron and Steel Business segment includes steel wire rods and bars, steel sheets, steel billets, steel castings and forgings, titanium and titanium alloys, foundry pig iron, slag products, stainless steel tube, construction materials, and other specialty steel products. The Welding Business segment provides welding materials, welding systems, high functional materials and related services. The Aluminum and Copper Business segment covers aluminum sheets and plates, aluminum extrusions and fabricated products, aluminum castings and forgings, copper sheets and strips and copper tubes. The Machinery Business segment provides tire and rubber machinery, plastic processing machinery, advanced technology equipment, metalworking machinery, nonstandard compressors, standard compressors, chemical and energy equipment, nuclear power equipment and related services. The Engineering Business segment includes ironmaking processes, iron ore-pelletizing system, nuclear power products, chemical weapons destruction services, steel structures and sabo, urban transit systems and upgrading of low-rank coal. The Construction Machinery Business segment covers construction equipment, construction recycling machinery, metal recycling machinery, resource recycling machinery and forestry machinery. The Other Businesses segment provides real estate development, construction, sales, brokering and remodeling, material analysis and testing, structural assessment, manufacture and sale of sputtering targets. The company was founded on September 1, 1905 and is headquartered in Kobe, Japan.
|Income before tax||73,168M||660.16M|
|Dividends Per Share||30||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||190,832M||1,721.80M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2014||Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018|
|Income before tax||88,208M||104,325M||-10,619M||-10,961M||73,168M|
|Dividends Per Share||40||40||20||0||30|
|Operating cash flow||194,294M||153,078M||97,933M||141,716M||190,832M|
|Mar 2014||Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018|
|Income before tax||880.56M||949.64M||-88.42M||-101.22M||660.16M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.39||0.36||0.16||0||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||1,939.61M||1,393.43M||815.53M||1,308.70M||1,721.80M|
- CEO & Representative Director: Mitsugu Yamaguchi
- Executive Technical Officer: Kimio Hashimoto
- Head-Company-wide Compliance: Kunio Uchiyamada
- Head-Legal, Compliance & Audit: Yasushi Okubo
- Representative Director & Executive Vice President: Yoshinori Onoe
- Nippon Steel Corp. /New/ (3.0%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (2.7%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (2.6%)
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (2.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.1%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.0%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.3%)
- Sojitz Corp. (1.2%)
- Address: Shinko Building, 2-4 Wakinohama Kaigandori 2-chome, Kobe, 651-8585, Japan
- Phone: +81.78.261.5111
- Kobelco ROBOTIX Co., Ltd.
- Shinko Pantec Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Millcon Steel Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Aluminum Products & Extrusions, Inc.
- Kobe Steel Board Incentive Plan
- Beijing Kobelion Kobelco Compressors Corp.
- Sheng Shi Kobelco Compressors (Beijing) Corp.
- Kobe MIG Wire (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Compressors (Shanghai) Corp.
- Kobelco Machinery Asia Pte Ltd.
- Shanghai Kobelco (China) Holding Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Automotive Alminum Rolled Products (China) Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Advanced Lube-System Asia Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery Middle East FZE
- Kobelco Compressors (Cambodia) Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery do Brasil Servicos Empresariais Ltda.
- Kobelco Compressors America, Inc. (California)
- Kobelco Compressors Manufacturing (Shanghai) Corp.
- Kobelco Machinery India Pvt Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery Europe GmbH
- Kobe Wire Products (Foshan) Co. Ltd.
- KOBELCO Construction Machinery USA, Inc.
- Kobelco & Materials Copper Tube (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Microfine Trading (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- KOBELCO Compressors & Machinery Philippines Corp.
- Kobe Welding of Qingdao Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Precision Parts (Suzhou) Co. Ltd.
- Suzhou Kobe Copper Technology Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Compressors Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Kobe Electronics Material (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Outotec Oyj
- Mueller Industries, Inc.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
- Arconic, Inc.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- TOKYO GAS Co., Ltd.
- Terex Corporation
- Manitowoc Company, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 19 Apr, 2019