Kobe Steel, Ltd.
In the news
- Japan steelmakers deny pay hikes as trade war saps demand Mar 10, 2020
- China's industrial core at standstill as cities extend shutdown Jan 28, 2020
- Will your next car be made from paper and plastic? Dec 11, 2019
- Japan chip industry heavyweight joins China's Unigroup Nov 16, 2019
- Why rugby spirit matters to Japan companies Sep 21, 2019 See more articles on Kobe Steel, Ltd.
Kobe Steel, Ltd. engages in the manufacture, production, and sale of iron and steel. It operates through the following segments: Iron and Steel, Welding, Aluminum and Copper, Machinery, Engineering, Construction Machinery, Power, and Other Businesses. The Iron and Steel Business segment includes steel wire rods and bars, steel sheets, steel billets, steel castings and forgings, titanium and titanium alloys, foundry pig iron, slag products, stainless steel tube, construction materials, and other specialty steel products. The Welding Business segment provides welding materials, welding systems, high functional materials and related services. The Aluminum and Copper Business segment covers aluminum sheets and plates, aluminum extrusions and fabricated products, aluminum castings and forgings, copper sheets and strips and copper tubes. The Machinery Business segment provides tire and rubber machinery, plastic processing machinery, advanced technology equipment, metalworking machinery, nonstandard compressors, standard compressors, chemical and energy equipment, nuclear power equipment and related services. The Engineering Business segment includes ironmaking processes, iron ore-pelletizing system, nuclear power products, chemical weapons destruction services, steel structures and sabo, urban transit systems and upgrading of low-rank coal. The Construction Machinery Business segment covers construction equipment, construction recycling machinery, metal recycling machinery, resource recycling machinery and forestry machinery. The Other Businesses segment provides real estate development, construction, sales, brokering and remodeling, material analysis and testing, structural assessment, manufacture and sale of sputtering targets. The company was founded on September 1, 1905 and is headquartered in Kobe, Japan.
|Income before tax||18,748M||176.77M|
|Dividends Per Share||10||0.09|
|Operating cash flow||194,798M||1,836.72M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021|
|Income before tax||-10,961M||73,168M||48,985M||-65,565M||18,748M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||30||20||0||10|
|Operating cash flow||141,716M||190,832M||67,136M||27,040M||194,798M|
|Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021|
|Income before tax||-101.22M||660.16M||441.72M||-603.03M||176.77M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0.27||0.18||0||0.09|
|Operating cash flow||1,308.70M||1,721.80M||605.40M||248.69M||1,836.72M|
- President & Representative Director: Mitsugu Yamaguchi
- Director, Head-Planning, Finance & Accounting: Yoshihiko Katsukawa
- Representative Director, EVP & Head-IT Planning: Koichiro Shibata
- Executive Officer & Technology Management: Shoji Miyazaki
- Executive Officer & GM-Technology Development: Yuichiro Goto
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (4.8%)
- Asset Management One Co., Ltd. (3.2%)
- NIPPON STEEL CORP. (2.9%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (2.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.9%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.5%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.5%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (1.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.2%)
- Address: Shinko Building, 2-2-4 Wakinohama Kaigandori, Kobe, 651-8585, Japan
- Phone: +81.78.261.5111
- Fukui Green Power Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Machinery System Engineering (Qingdao) Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Compressors Importer Philippines, Inc.
- Kobelco Compressors (Thailand) Ltd.
- Kobelco Compressors (Vietnam) Ltd.
- Kobe Welding (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Kobelco Construction Machinery Middle East & Africa FZCO
- Midrex Technologies Gulf Services FZCO
- Kobelco Engineering Europe SARL
- Quintus Technologies Holding AB
- Kobelco Logistics India Pvt Ltd.
- Kobe Professional Service, Inc.
- Kobe Aluminum USA, Inc.
- Kobe Technologies Proprietary, Inc.
- Kobelco Financial Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco South East Asia Ltd.
- Kobelco Compressors India Pvt Ltd.
- TAC Air Engineering Sdn. Bhd.
- Kobelco Power Kobe Daini Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Power Moka Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Power Kobe, Inc.
- Kobe Steel Ltd. /Flare Protection Business/
- Kobe Steel Ltd. /Steel Check Dam Business/
- Kobelco Automotive Aluminum Rolled Products China Co., Ltd.
- Kobe Steel India
- Midrex Technologies India Pvt Ltd.
- Kobelco ROBOTIX Co., Ltd.
- Shinko Pantec Co., Ltd.
- Kobelco Millcon Steel Co. Ltd.
- Kobelco Aluminum Products & Extrusions, Inc.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science & Technology Co. Ltd. Class H
- Manitowoc Company, Inc.
- Arconic Corp.
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 15 Oct, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.