In the news
- How bicycle parts maker Shimano eclipsed Nissan in market cap Aug 5, 2020
- Tesla's cheap home batteries set to upend utility business Feb 22, 2020
- China woes and tax hike weigh on Japan Inc.'s fiscal 2019 earnings Jan 31, 2020
- 5G gives a lift to Japan's electronic parts orders Jan 30, 2020
- From cars to whisky, industrial tourism takes off in Japan Jan 17, 2020 See more articles on Kyocera Corp.
Kyocera Corp. engages in the design, development, production, manufacture and sale electronic equipment. It operates through the following segments: Fine Ceramics, Semiconductor Components, Applied Ceramic Products, Electronic Devices, Telecommunications Equipment, Information Equipment and Others. The Fine Ceramics segment provides components for semiconductor processing equipment, flat panel display manufacturing equipment, information and telecommunication, general industrial machinery, sapphire substrates, and automotive. The Semiconductor Components segment caters ceramic packages for crystal and saw devices, ceramic metal oxide semiconductor/charge coupled device image sensor ceramic packages, large scale integration ceramic packages, wireless communication device packages, optical communication device packages and components, and organic multilayer packages. The Applied Ceramic Products segment handles the residential and commercial use solar power generating systems, solar cells and modules, cutting tools, micro drills, medical and dental implants, and jewelry and applied ceramic products. The Electronic Devices segment offers ceramic capacitors, tantalum capacitors, saw devices, radio frequency modules, electromagnetic interference filters, clock oscillators, crystal units, ceramic resonators, optical low pass filters, connectors, thermal print heads, inkjet print heads, amorphous silicon photoreceptor drums, liquid crystal displays, and touch panel. The Telecommunications Equipment segment markets mobile phones, and personal handy phone system handsets and base stations. The Information Equipment segment distributes monochrome and color printers, multifunctional products, wide format systems, document solutions, application software, and supplies. The Others segment administers information systems and telecommunication services, engineering business, management consulting business, epoxy molding compounds for semiconductor encapsulation, electrical insulators, flexible printed circuit sheet materials, synthetic resin molded parts, realty development business, and light emitting diode lighting systems. The company was founded by Kazuo Inamori on April 1, 1959 and is headquartered in Kyoto, Japan.
|Income before tax||117,298M||1,105.98M|
|Dividends Per Share||140||1.32|
|Operating cash flow||220,821M||2,082.08M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021|
|Income before tax||137,849M||129,992M||140,610M||148,826M||117,298M|
|Dividends Per Share||110||120||140||160||140|
|Operating cash flow||164,231M||158,905M||220,025M||214,630M||220,821M|
|Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021|
|Income before tax||1,272.99M||1,172.86M||1,267.95M||1,368.81M||1,105.98M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.01||1.08||1.26||1.47||1.32|
|Operating cash flow||1,516.62M||1,433.74M||1,984.09M||1,974.04M||2,082.08M|
- President & Representative Director: Hideo Tanimoto
- Senior Executive Officer, General Manager-R&D: Masahiro Inagaki
- Executive Officer, Deputy General Manager-R&D: Hironao Kudo
- Director & General Manager-Business Administration: Shoichi Aoki
- Director & Senior Managing Executive Officer: Yoji Date
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (8.3%)
- Kyocera Corp. (4.0%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.9%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (3.9%)
- The Bank of Kyoto, Ltd. (3.8%)
- INAMORI KAZUO (2.7%)
- Inamori Foundation (2.4%)
- Dodge & Cox (2.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.0%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Kokusai Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.9%)
- Address: 6 Takeda Tobadono-cho, Fushimi-Ku, Kyoto, 612-8501, Japan
- Phone: +81.75.604.3500
- SouthernCarlson, Inc.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Japan, Inc.
- AVX Development, Inc.
- Kyocera Management (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Kyocera Showa Optronics Co. Ltd.
- Kyocera Industrial Tools, Inc.
- Kyocera Restricted Stock Compensation Plan
- AVX (Beijing) International Trading Co., Ltd.
- KYOCERA UNIMERCO Tooling GmbH
- Kyocera Asia Pacific Ltd.
- Kyocera International Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Kyocera Industrial Tools KK
- KYOCERA SENCO Industrial Tools, Inc.
- KYOCERA SGS Precision Tools Europe Ltd.
- Soraa Laser Diode, Inc.
- Melles Griot KK
- KYOCERA SGS Precision Tools, Inc.
- KYOCERA Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. (Manila)
- Kyocera Mita Brazil Dist de Equipamentos de Imagem Ltda.
- Kyocera Optec (Dongguan) Co., Ltd.
- KYOCERA Crystal Device (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions South Africa Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions (Thailand) Corp. Ltd.
- Kyocera Document Solutions Russia LLC
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Portugal Lda.
- KYOCERA Communication Systems Singapore Pte Ltd.
- KYOCERA Circuit Solutions Philippines, Inc.
- Kyocera Connector Products Hong Kong Ltd.
- KYOCERA Precision Tools, Inc.
- AVX/KYOCERA (Shanghai) International Trading Co. Ltd.
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class B
- Knowles Corp.
- Kinpo Electronics, Inc.
- ABCO Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Advanced Ceramic X Corporation
- Sindoh Co., Ltd
- SiTime Corporation
- Hengdian Group DMEGC Magnetics Co., Ltd Class A
- Moda-InnoChips Co., Ltd.
- Prior-Tech Ltd.
- Union Materials Corp
- Chang Wah Electromaterials, Inc.
- Sonim Technologies, Inc.
- II-VI Incorporated
- Egide SA
- LEATEC Fine Ceramics Co., Ltd.
- Airgain, Inc.
- Basso Industry Corp. Ltd.
- Genie Energy Ltd. Class B
- Amplitude Surgical
- Fattal Holdings (1998) Ltd.
- SINTX Technologies, Inc.
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 21 Oct, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.