Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
LG Chem Ltd.
- 338,000.00 KRW
South KoreaNov 14, 2018
Market cap (KRW)25,493.02B
Market cap (USD)22,475.66M
In the news
- LG Chem backs cancer drug search by Cue Biopharma Nov 13, 2018
- Honda to tie up with world's largest battery maker in China May 23, 2018
- LG chairman leaves legacy of integrity and innovation May 22, 2018
- Korea Inc. mostly freed from China's missile shield wrath May 20, 2018
- LG prepares for succession as chairman's health fails May 18, 2018 See more articles on LG Chem Ltd.
LG Chem is a leading chemical company in South Korea. Its origins can be traced back to Lucky Chemical Industrial, founded in 1947, of the LG group. LG Chem started as a producer of materials for cosmetics and has grown to become the pillar of the LG group, surpassing LG Electronics in terms of both market capitalization and earnings.
The LG group has shifted to a holding company system and LG Chem's biggest shareholder is LG Corp. While LG Chem is managed by a top executive who has risen within the company, key decisions such as changes in the top management and large acquisition deals are considered by LG Corp. Chairman Koo Bon-moo, owner and manager of the group.
LG Chem chalks up the majority of its sales from the petrochemical division, which has ethylene plants and produces products such as superabsorbent polymers used to make paper diapers and sanitary goods.
The lithium-ion battery business is also drawing attention as a locomotive of LG Chem's growth. The company supplies batteries for electric cars and hybrids to many automakers in the U.S., Europe and China, including Daimler of Germany and Great Wall Motor. It also engages in joint battery development. In addition, LG Chem handles electronic components such as polarizers for liquid crystal display panels.
|Income before tax||2,563.89B||2,267.90M|
|Dividends Per Share||6,000||5.30|
|Operating cash flow||3,182.86B||2,815.42M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||1,601.29B||1,159.86B||1,549.64B||1,659.82B||2,563.89B|
|Dividends Per Share||4,000||4,000||4,500||5,000||6,000|
|Operating cash flow||2,182.37B||1,996.63B||3,171.58B||2,518.10B||3,182.86B|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||1,462.68M||1,101.83M||1,369.18M||1,430.65M||2,267.90M|
|Dividends Per Share||3.65||3.79||3.97||4.30||5.30|
|Operating cash flow||1,993.46M||1,896.75M||2,802.23M||2,170.42M||2,815.42M|
- Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Jin-Soo Park
- President, Chief Financial Officer & Director: Ho-Young Chung
- President-Executive & Chief Technology Officer: Jin-Nyeong Yoo
- Managing Director, Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Gun Jang
- Chief Happiness Officer & Senior Managing Director: Min-Hwan Kim
- LG Corp. (33.3%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (8.7%)
- LG Chem Ltd. (2.3%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. (1.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.0%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd. (0.6%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd. (0.6%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- LG Chem Ltd. /Pesticide Bus/
- LG Chemical Tianjin Plant
- Daejung Em Co., Ltd. /Cathode Material Bus/
- LG Hausys Ltd. /Adhesive Film Div/
- Nanjing LG Chem New Energy Battery Co. Ltd.
- Ugimag Korea Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin LG BOTIAN Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Polycarbonate Ltd.
- LG Chem Display Materials (Beijing) Co. Ltd.
- Wuxi LG Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem Ltd. (Japan)
- LG Chemical (Guangzhou) Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd
- LG Chem (Tianjin) Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem HK Ltd.
- Tianjin LG Bohai Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem (Taiwan) Ltd.
- LG Chem Poland SP zoo
- LG-Dow Polycarbonate Ltd.
- Ningbo LG Yongxing Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Solar Energy, Inc.
- LG Chem Trading Shanghai Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem Michigan, Inc.
- Kolon Industries, Inc. /Super Absorbent Polymer Ops/
- LG Chem America, Inc.
- Uniseal, Inc.
- Hyundai Petrochemical Corp.
- LG Life Sciences, Ltd
- LG NanoH2O, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Johnson Matthey Plc
- Hansol Chemical Co., Ltd
- OCI Co., Ltd
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- Aekyung Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Lion Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- AK Holdings, Inc.
- YUNGJIN PHARM. CO. LTD
- CHENG MEI MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
- Electrovaya Inc.
- U.I. Display Co., Ltd.
- CBAK Energy Technology, Inc.
- Shandong Ruifeng Chemical Co., Ltd. Class A
- Trinseo SA
- USI Corporation
- Chokwang Paint Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical Corp.
- Tesla Inc
- Benq Materials Corporation
- Mexichem SAB de CV
- Samyang Corporation
- Coherus BioSciences, Inc.
- KG Chemical Corporation
- Paik Kwang Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Samyang Holdings Corporation
- Seowonintech Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 14 Nov, 2018