Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
LG Chem Ltd.
- 377,500.00 KRW
South KoreaApr 19, 2018
Market cap (KRW)28,145.83B
Market cap (USD)26,515.15M
In the news
- LG Chem to set up joint ventures with Chinese cobalt supplier Apr 11, 2018
- China's battery king poised to overtake Panasonic-Tesla alliance Mar 25, 2018
- Posco looks for charge from electric vehicle batteries Mar 24, 2018
- Mahindra ties up with LG Chem for lithium-ion battery cells for India Feb 27, 2018
- Posco seeks growth catalyst with China battery materials tie-up Feb 19, 2018 See more articles on LG Chem Ltd.
LG Chem is a leading chemical company in South Korea. Its origins can be traced back to Lucky Chemical Industrial, founded in 1947, of the LG group. LG Chem started as a producer of materials for cosmetics and has grown to become the pillar of the LG group, surpassing LG Electronics in terms of both market capitalization and earnings.
The LG group has shifted to a holding company system and LG Chem's biggest shareholder is LG Corp. While LG Chem is managed by a top executive who has risen within the company, key decisions such as changes in the top management and large acquisition deals are considered by LG Corp. Chairman Koo Bon-moo, owner and manager of the group.
LG Chem chalks up the majority of its sales from the petrochemical division, which has ethylene plants and produces products such as superabsorbent polymers used to make paper diapers and sanitary goods.
The lithium-ion battery business is also drawing attention as a locomotive of LG Chem's growth. The company supplies batteries for electric cars and hybrids to many automakers in the U.S., Europe and China, including Daimler of Germany and Great Wall Motor. It also engages in joint battery development. In addition, LG Chem handles electronic components such as polarizers for liquid crystal display panels.
|Income before tax||2,563.89B||2,267.90M|
|Dividends Per Share||6,000||5.30|
|Operating cash flow||3,182.86B||2,815.42M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||1,601.29B||1,159.86B||1,549.64B||1,659.82B||2,563.89B|
|Dividends Per Share||4,000||4,000||4,500||5,000||6,000|
|Operating cash flow||2,182.37B||1,996.63B||3,171.58B||2,518.10B||3,182.86B|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||1,462.68M||1,101.83M||1,369.18M||1,430.65M||2,267.90M|
|Dividends Per Share||3.65||3.79||3.97||4.30||5.30|
|Operating cash flow||1,993.46M||1,896.75M||2,802.23M||2,170.42M||2,815.42M|
- Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Jin-Soo Park
- President, Chief Financial Officer & Director: Ho-Young Chung
- President-Executive & Chief Technology Officer: Jin-Nyeong Yoo
- Managing Director, Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Gun Jang
- Chief Happiness Officer & Senior Managing Director: Min-Hwan Kim
- LG Corp. (33.3%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.7%)
- LG Chem Ltd. (2.3%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. (1.6%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.0%)
- Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd. (0.7%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Ltd. (0.5%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- LG Chem Ltd. /Pesticide Bus/
- LG Chemical Tianjin Plant
- Daejung Em Co., Ltd. /Cathode Material Bus/
- LG Hausys Ltd. /Adhesive Film Div/
- Nanjing LG Chem New Energy Battery Co. Ltd.
- Tianjin LG BOTIAN Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Polycarbonate Ltd.
- LG Chem Display Materials (Beijing) Co. Ltd.
- Wuxi LG Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem Ltd. (Japan)
- LG Chemical (Guangzhou) Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd
- LG Chem (Tianjin) Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem HK Ltd.
- Tianjin LG Bohai Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem (Taiwan) Ltd.
- FARM HANNONG Co., Ltd.
- LG Chem Poland SP zoo
- LG-Dow Polycarbonate Ltd.
- Ningbo LG Yongxing Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG Solar Energy, Inc.
- LG Chem Trading Shanghai Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem Michigan, Inc.
- Kolon Industries, Inc. /Super Absorbent Polymer Ops/
- LG Chem America, Inc.
- Hyundai Petrochemical Corp.
- LG Life Sciences, Ltd
- LG NanoH2O, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Bayer AG
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Chemtronics Co., Ltd.
- Johnson Matthey Plc
- Hansol Chemical Co., Ltd
- OCI Co., Ltd
- Aekyung Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Lion Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Hanall Biopharma Co., Ltd.
- AK Holdings, Inc.
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- YUNGJIN PHARM. CO. LTD
- Chi Mei Materials Technology Corporation
- Electrovaya Inc.
- U.I. Display Co., Ltd.
- Versartis, Inc.
- CBAK Energy Technology, Inc.
- Shandong Ruifeng Chemical Co., Ltd. Class A
- USI Corporation
- Sirona Biochem Corp.
- Lotte Chemical Corp.
- Tesla Inc
- Benq Materials Corporation
- Mexichem SAB de CV
- Samyang Corporation
- Daewon Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- CHA Biotech Co., Ltd.
- Chokwang Paint Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 19 Apr, 2018