LG Display Co., Ltd.
In the news
- Apple's OLED supplier shift gives LG fighting chance against Samsung Jul 28, 2020
- Apple supplier LG Display posts 6th straight quarterly loss Jul 23, 2020
- Fueled by Tesla deal, LG Chem goes full throttle on EV batteries Jul 21, 2020
- China cinemas reopen, STAR Market anniversary, PAL Holdings AGM Jul 19, 2020
- Apple opts for OLED screens for entire 5G iPhone range Jul 7, 2020 See more articles on LG Display Co., Ltd.
LG Display is the world's largest liquid crystal display panel maker. Its largest shareholder is LG Electronics.
The company grew rapidly after it formed a joint venture with Dutch company Royal Philips, beginning in 1999. Royal Philips sold all of its shares by 2009 to terminate the joint venture. Currently, LG Display conducts business on its own.
LG Display has two production bases in South Korea and one in Guangzhou, China. It also sells products to companies outside the group, as well as to LG Electronics. The company has a reputation for quality, as shown by the fact that U.S. tech giant Apple, which is known for its stringent technology valuation, has continued to adopt the company's LCD panels in its iPhone series of smartphones.
Reacting to increased competition from Chinese rivals, LG Display has shifted to production of high-resolution displays. It was among the first LCD panel makers in the world to launch mass production of large organic light-emitting diode displays. Although small and midsize OLED displays are widely used in smartphones, it is difficult to produce large displays. LG Display overcame the barrier by adopting unique architecture.
LG Electronics is among the few makers of large OLED TV's, the main products with which LG Display can differentiate itself from its rivals. However, it could also be a risk factor. Any delay in market expansion could lead to a slowdown in panel demand and negatively affect large investments.
|Income before tax||1,711.10B||1,494.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||650||0.56|
|Operating cash flow||5,757.51B||5,027.69M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||2,332.63B||-91,366M||-3,356.38B||-614,991M||1,711.10B|
|Dividends Per Share||500||0||0||0||650|
|Operating cash flow||6,772.84B||4,489.39B||2,714.04B||2,287.02B||5,757.51B|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||2,063.34M||-83.02M||-2,878.09M||-521.22M||1,494.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.44||0||0||0||0.56|
|Operating cash flow||5,990.95M||4,079.34M||2,327.28M||1,938.33M||5,027.69M|
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Ho-Young Jeong
- Chief Financial Officer & Director: Dong-Hee Suh
- Chief Technology Officer: Soo-young Yoon
- Managing Director & Head-IT business: Hyeong-Seok Choi
- Managing Director, Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Beom-Soon Kim
- LG Electronics, Inc. (37.9%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (5.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. (1.1%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.7%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. (0.5%)
- Geode Capital Management LLC (0.3%)
- Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. (0.2%)
- Address: LG Twin Towers, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1010
- LG Display High-Tech (China) Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Fund I LLC
- Unified Innovative Technology LLC
- LG Display Vietnam Haiphong Co., Ltd.
- Nanum Nuri Co., Ltd.
- Suzhou Lehui Display Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Reynosa SA de CV
- LG Display Guangzhou Trading Co., Ltd.
- LG Display USA, Inc.
- LG Display Shenzhen Co., Ltd.
- LG Display (China) Co., Ltd.
- LG Chem Ltd. /OLED Lighting Business/
- LG Display (Yantai) Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Nanjing Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Taiwan Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Shanghai Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Inspur LG Digital Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Guangzhou Co., Ltd.
- Lucom Display Technology Ltd. /Kunshan/
- LG Philips Displays
- LG Display Japan Co., Ltd.
- Global OLED Technology LLC
- LG Display Germany GmbH
- LG Philips LCD Display Nanjing Co. Ltd.
- LG Philips Seogwang Electric Co. Ltd.
- Lg Philips Displays France
- LG Philips Displays China BV
- LG Philips Displays Mexico Holding Services SA de CV
- LG Display America, Inc.
- AUO Corp.
- Sharp Corporation
- BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. Class A
- Panasonic Holdings Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Innolux Corp.
- TCL Technology Group Corporation Class A
- Hannstar Display Corp.
- Japan Display Inc.
- Kopin Corporation
- Universal Display Corporation
- U.I. Display Co., Ltd.
- e-Litecom Co., Ltd
- NVH Korea, Inc.
- DSK Co., Ltd
- INVENIA Co., Ltd.
- Xi'an Manareco New Materials Co., Ltd. Class A
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 30 Sep, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.