LG Electronics, Inc.
In the news
- Huawei summit, Hang Seng Tech Index launch and Apple Q3 results Jul 26, 2020
- China cinemas reopen, STAR Market anniversary, PAL Holdings AGM Jul 19, 2020
- LG debuts fan-powered mask to ease breathing Jul 13, 2020
- US to allow companies to work with Huawei on 5G standards Jun 17, 2020
- LG Electronics tops giant Samsung in white goods Jun 13, 2020 See more articles on LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics is a core company of South Korean conglomerate LG group, alongside LG Chem. Founded in 1958, LG Electronics has led the country's electronics industry since its early days as the first producer of radios, TVs and other appliances. Now, it is the second-largest electronics maker after Samsung Electronics.
Although LG Electronics lags far behind Samsung in semiconductors and smartphones, the two companies are in close competition in areas such as TVs, washing machines and refrigerators, at home and abroad. Headhunting and patent infringement suits are also common between the two companies. LG Electronics is known for its more laid-back work atmosphere compared to Samsung, which requires its employees to deliver results in a short time.
Its affiliated companies, such as LG Display and LG Innotek, produce liquid crystal display panels and electronic parts. Amid increased competition with its Chinese rivals in consumer products, LG Electronics aims to boost sales of electronic parts outside the group. It has, for example, set up a division specializing in research and development and supply to automakers.
Koo Bon-joon, vice chairman of LG Electronics, is the brother of LG Corp. chairman Koo Bon-moo, and the grandson of Koo In-hwoi, the company founder. He cannot ignore his brother when making important management decisions.
|Income before tax||2,479.82B||2,101.74M|
|Dividends Per Share||1,200||1.01|
|Operating cash flow||4,628.57B||3,922.89M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||721,717M||2,558.11B||2,008.57B||1,580.73B||2,479.82B|
|Dividends Per Share||400||400||750||750||1,200|
|Operating cash flow||3,157.99B||2,166.27B||4,541.56B||3,689.16B||4,628.57B|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||622.06M||2,262.79M||1,825.11M||1,355.47M||2,101.74M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.34||0.35||0.68||0.64||1.01|
|Operating cash flow||2,721.96M||1,916.18M||4,126.75M||3,163.44M||3,922.89M|
- Chief Executive Officer: Brian Kwon
- Chief Technology Officer: Il-Pyung Park
- Vice President, Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Jong-Sang Lee
- Senior Vice President: Taeg-il Cho
- Vice President: Ho-Kun Hwang
- LG Corp. (33.6%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.2%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.1%)
- APG Asset Management NV (0.9%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC (0.7%)
- Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. (0.5%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- LG Electronics, Inc. /Chemical Electronic Material Bus/
- Lg Electronics, Inc. /Smartphone Business/
- EIC Properties Pte Ltd.
- LG Electronics Colombia Lda.
- LG Electronics India Ltd.
- LG Fuel Cell Systems Korea, Inc.
- LG Electronics Peru SA
- Hua Fei Color Display Systems Co., Ltd.
- LG Holdings (HK) Ltd.
- LG Optical (Mfg) Ltd.
- Hi Plaza, Inc.
- Ace R&A Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing LG International Vmi Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Vietnam Hai Phong Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Hangzhou) Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (China) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Shanghai) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai LG Electronics Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Gulf FZE
- LG Electronics (Qinhuangdao) Co. Ltd.
- Qingdao LG Inspur Digital Communication Co. Ltd.
- ZKW Group GmbH
- Hewlett-Packard Co. /Web Operating System Business/
- LG Electronics, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Association
- LG Electronics Rus OOO
- Daewoo Entec Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics HK Ltd.
- New Allied Electronics Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
- PT LG Electronics Indonesia
- LS Mtron Co. Ltd. /Air Conditioning Business/
- VOXX International Corporation Class A
- Archos SA
- Dayou Automotive Seat Technology Co., Ltd
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Inseego Corp.
- Dreamus Company
- OSRAM Licht AG
- AFCON Holdings Ltd
- Beijer Ref AB Class B
- WiSoL Co., Ltd.
- Vuzix Corporation
- Whirlpool Corporation
- G-treeBNT Co., Ltd.
- Display Tech Co., Ltd.
- Genesis Photonics Inc.
- Tadiran Group Ltd
- Capstone Green Energy Corporation
- Meyer Burger Technology AG
- SK Networks Co., Ltd.
- Bubang Co., Ltd.
- COWAY Co., Ltd.
- CUCKOO HOMESYS CO.,LTD
- Daxin Materials Corporation
- Hyundai Futurenet Co., Ltd
- iRobot Corporation
- LOTTE Himart Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd
- Mechema Chemicals International Corp.
- Nirmitee Robotics India Ltd
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 24 Sep, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.