Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
LG Electronics, Inc.
- 76,100.00 KRW
South KoreaAug 14, 2018
Market cap (KRW)12,044.47B
Market cap (USD)10,678.20M
In the news
- Air conditioner makers battle for Vietnam's red-hot market May 30, 2018
- The World Cup economy to bring Thailand bigger TVs May 25, 2018
- LG prepares for succession as chairman's health fails May 18, 2018
- LG to buy Austrian headlight maker ZKW for $1.3bn Apr 27, 2018
- LG Display posts first-quarter loss on low LCD prices Apr 25, 2018 See more articles on LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics is a core company of South Korean conglomerate LG group, alongside LG Chem. Founded in 1958, LG Electronics has led the country's electronics industry since its early days as the first producer of radios, TVs and other appliances. Now, it is the second-largest electronics maker after Samsung Electronics.
Although LG Electronics lags far behind Samsung in semiconductors and smartphones, the two companies are in close competition in areas such as TVs, washing machines and refrigerators, at home and abroad. Headhunting and patent infringement suits are also common between the two companies. LG Electronics is known for its more laid-back work atmosphere compared to Samsung, which requires its employees to deliver results in a short time.
Its affiliated companies, such as LG Display and LG Innotek, produce liquid crystal display panels and electronic parts. Amid increased competition with its Chinese rivals in consumer products, LG Electronics aims to boost sales of electronic parts outside the group. It has, for example, set up a division specializing in research and development and supply to automakers.
Koo Bon-joon, vice chairman of LG Electronics, is the brother of LG Corp. chairman Koo Bon-moo, and the grandson of Koo In-hwoi, the company founder. He cannot ignore his brother when making important management decisions.
|Income before tax||2,558.11B||2,262.79M|
|Dividends Per Share||400||0.35|
|Operating cash flow||2,166.27B||1,916.18M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||589,544M||1,218.27B||593,125M||721,717M||2,558.11B|
|Dividends Per Share||200||400||400||400||400|
|Operating cash flow||2,210.90B||2,029.18B||2,618.77B||3,157.99B||2,166.27B|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||538.51M||1,157.32M||524.05M||622.06M||2,262.79M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.18||0.37||0.35||0.34||0.35|
|Operating cash flow||2,019.52M||1,927.67M||2,313.80M||2,721.96M||1,916.18M|
- President, Co-CEO, CFO & Director: Do-Hyun Jung
- Vice Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer: Seong-Jin Cho
- Chief Technology Officer: Il-Pyung Park
- Executive VP & Head-European Operations: Wayne Park
- Vice President: Kevin Cha
- LG Corp. (33.6%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.3%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.1%)
- APG Asset Management NV (1.1%)
- Acadian Asset Management LLC (0.5%)
- LG Electronics, Inc. (0.4%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. (0.4%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- LG Fuel Cell Systems Korea, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc. /Time Controller Business/
- Hua Fei Color Display Systems Co., Ltd.
- LG Holdings (HK) Ltd.
- LG Optical (Mfg) Ltd.
- Hi Plaza, Inc.
- Ace R&A Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing LG International Vmi Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Vietnam Hai Phong Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Hangzhou) Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (China) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Shanghai) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai LG Electronics Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Gulf FZE
- LG Electronics (Qinhuangdao) Co. Ltd.
- Qingdao LG Inspur Digital Communication Co. Ltd.
- ZKW Group GmbH
- Hewlett-Packard Co. /Web Operating System Business/
- LG Fuel Cell Systems, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Association
- Daewoo Entec Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics HK Ltd.
- New Allied Electronics Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
- LS Mtron Co. Ltd. /Air Conditioning Business/
- LG Electronics Inc. Chile Ltda.
- LG Electronics Taiwan Taipei Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Portugal SA
- Innopla Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Nanjing Display Co. Ltd.
- Triveni Digital, Inc.
- Skyworth Digital Holdings Limited
- Archos SA
- Fitbit, Inc. Class A
- Midea Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- Arcelik A.S.
- Sichuan Changhong Electric Co., Ltd. Class A
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- Tadiran Holdings Ltd.
- Dayou Automotive Seat Technology Co., Ltd
- Electrolux AB Class B
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Inseego Corp.
- OSRAM Licht AG
- Korea Electric Terminal Co., Ltd.
- Bigben Interactive SA
- Continental AG
- Concepcion Industrial Corp.
- Visteon Corporation
- Plantronics, Inc.
- Electra Consumer Products Ltd.
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- FuelCell Energy, Inc.
- Roku, Inc. Class A
- Rechi Precision Co. Ltd.
- WiSoL Co., Ltd.
- Vuzix Corporation
- Daemyung Corporation Co., Ltd
- Orbotech Ltd.
- SK Networks Co., Ltd.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 14 Aug, 2018