LG Electronics, Inc.
- 65,800.00 KRW
South KoreaSep 18, 2019
Market cap (KRW)11,280.28B
Market cap (USD)9,468.08M
In the news
- Inside Huawei's secret plan to beat American trade war sanctions Sep 11, 2019
- Huawei and Samsung show off rival 5G ambitions in Berlin Sep 10, 2019
- Asian stocks fall as Trump comments trigger fresh uncertainty over trade talks Jul 31, 2019
- Crazy hot noodles help K-food win world's hearts and stomachs Jul 18, 2019
- South Korean companies shift production out of China Jun 22, 2019 See more articles on LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics is a core company of South Korean conglomerate LG group, alongside LG Chem. Founded in 1958, LG Electronics has led the country's electronics industry since its early days as the first producer of radios, TVs and other appliances. Now, it is the second-largest electronics maker after Samsung Electronics.
Although LG Electronics lags far behind Samsung in semiconductors and smartphones, the two companies are in close competition in areas such as TVs, washing machines and refrigerators, at home and abroad. Headhunting and patent infringement suits are also common between the two companies. LG Electronics is known for its more laid-back work atmosphere compared to Samsung, which requires its employees to deliver results in a short time.
Its affiliated companies, such as LG Display and LG Innotek, produce liquid crystal display panels and electronic parts. Amid increased competition with its Chinese rivals in consumer products, LG Electronics aims to boost sales of electronic parts outside the group. It has, for example, set up a division specializing in research and development and supply to automakers.
Koo Bon-joon, vice chairman of LG Electronics, is the brother of LG Corp. chairman Koo Bon-moo, and the grandson of Koo In-hwoi, the company founder. He cannot ignore his brother when making important management decisions.
|Income before tax||2,008.57B||1,825.11M|
|Dividends Per Share||750||0.68|
|Operating cash flow||4,541.56B||4,126.75M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||1,218.27B||593,125M||721,717M||2,558.11B||2,008.57B|
|Dividends Per Share||400||400||400||400||750|
|Operating cash flow||2,029.18B||2,618.77B||3,157.99B||2,166.27B||4,541.56B|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||1,157.32M||524.05M||622.06M||2,262.79M||1,825.11M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.37||0.35||0.34||0.35||0.68|
|Operating cash flow||1,927.67M||2,313.80M||2,721.96M||1,916.18M||4,126.75M|
- Co-President, Co-CEO, CFO & Director: Do-Hyun Jung
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Seong-Jin Cho
- Chief Technology Officer: Il-Pyung Park
- Vice President, Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Jong-Sang Lee
- Vice President: Ho-Kun Hwang
- LG Corp. (33.6%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.9%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.2%)
- APG Asset Management NV (0.9%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.8%)
- Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. (0.5%)
- Acadian Asset Management LLC (0.5%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- Hientech Co., Ltd.
- LG Electronics, Inc. /2 Subs/
- EIC Properties Pte Ltd.
- LG Electronics Colombia Lda.
- LG Fuel Cell Systems Korea, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc. /Time Controller Business/
- LG Electronics Peru SA
- Hua Fei Color Display Systems Co., Ltd.
- LG Holdings (HK) Ltd.
- LG Optical (Mfg) Ltd.
- Hi Plaza, Inc.
- Ace R&A Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing LG International Vmi Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Vietnam Hai Phong Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Hangzhou) Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (China) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Shanghai) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai LG Electronics Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Gulf FZE
- LG Electronics (Qinhuangdao) Co. Ltd.
- Qingdao LG Inspur Digital Communication Co. Ltd.
- ZKW Group GmbH
- Hewlett-Packard Co. /Web Operating System Business/
- LG Fuel Cell Systems, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Association
- Daewoo Entec Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics HK Ltd.
- New Allied Electronics Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
- LS Mtron Co. Ltd. /Air Conditioning Business/
- LG Electronics Inc. Chile Ltda.
- VOXX International Corporation Class A
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- Dayou Automotive Seat Technology Co., Ltd
- Sichuan Changhong Electric Co., Ltd. Class A
- Archos SA
- Continental AG
- Fitbit, Inc. Class A
- Visteon Corporation
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Inseego Corp.
- Plantronics, Inc.
- Midea Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- OSRAM Licht AG
- Korea Electric Terminal Co., Ltd.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- AFCON Holdings Ltd
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- Concepcion Industrial Corp.
- Rechi Precision Co. Ltd.
- Beijer Ref AB Class B
- Electra Consumer Products Ltd.
- Roku, Inc. Class A
- Vuzix Corporation
- Tadiran Holdings Ltd.
- WiSoL Co., Ltd.
- G-treeBNT Co., Ltd.
- Kulthorn Kirby Public Co., Ltd.
- SK Networks Co., Ltd.
- BlackBerry Limited
- Capstone Turbine Corporation
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 18 Sep, 2019