Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
LG Electronics, Inc.
- 105,500.00 KRW
South KoreaApr 20, 2018
Market cap (KRW)17,837.60B
Market cap (USD)16,713.60M
In the news
- China rises to No. 2 in global patent filings Mar 22, 2018
- Asia Inc. comes roaring back in 2017 Mar 16, 2018
- LG wins patent crown in Europe Mar 9, 2018
- LG to launch AI-powered OLED televisions Mar 6, 2018
- BOK chief anxious over Trump protectionism and GM closure Feb 27, 2018 See more articles on LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics is a core company of South Korean conglomerate LG group, alongside LG Chem. Founded in 1958, LG Electronics has led the country's electronics industry since its early days as the first producer of radios, TVs and other appliances. Now, it is the second-largest electronics maker after Samsung Electronics.
Although LG Electronics lags far behind Samsung in semiconductors and smartphones, the two companies are in close competition in areas such as TVs, washing machines and refrigerators, at home and abroad. Headhunting and patent infringement suits are also common between the two companies. LG Electronics is known for its more laid-back work atmosphere compared to Samsung, which requires its employees to deliver results in a short time.
Its affiliated companies, such as LG Display and LG Innotek, produce liquid crystal display panels and electronic parts. Amid increased competition with its Chinese rivals in consumer products, LG Electronics aims to boost sales of electronic parts outside the group. It has, for example, set up a division specializing in research and development and supply to automakers.
Koo Bon-joon, vice chairman of LG Electronics, is the brother of LG Corp. chairman Koo Bon-moo, and the grandson of Koo In-hwoi, the company founder. He cannot ignore his brother when making important management decisions.
|Income before tax||2,558.11B||2,262.79M|
|Dividends Per Share||400||0.35|
|Operating cash flow||2,166.27B||1,916.18M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||463,544M||913,851M||233,615M||452,979M||2,558.11B|
|Dividends Per Share||200||400||400||400||400|
|Operating cash flow||2,210.90B||2,029.18B||2,618.77B||3,157.99B||2,166.27B|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||423.41M||868.13M||206.40M||390.43M||2,262.79M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.18||0.37||0.35||0.34||0.35|
|Operating cash flow||2,019.52M||1,927.67M||2,313.80M||2,721.96M||1,916.18M|
- President, Co-CEO, CFO & Director: Do-Hyun Jung
- Vice Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer: Seong-Jin Cho
- President-Executive Board & CTO: Skott Ahn
- Executive VP & Head-European Operations: Wayne Park
- Vice President: Kevin Cha
- LG Corp. (33.6%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (8.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- APG Asset Management NV (1.2%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.1%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- Acadian Asset Management LLC (0.6%)
- LG Electronics, Inc. (0.4%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- LG Electronics, Inc. /Time Controller Business/
- Hua Fei Color Display Systems Co., Ltd.
- LG Holdings (HK) Ltd.
- LG Optical (Mfg) Ltd.
- Hi Plaza, Inc.
- Ace R&A Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing LG International Vmi Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Vietnam Hai Phong Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Hangzhou) Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (China) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Shanghai) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai LG Electronics Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Gulf FZE
- LG Electronics (Qinhuangdao) Co. Ltd.
- Qingdao LG Inspur Digital Communication Co. Ltd.
- Hewlett-Packard Co. /Web Operating System Business/
- LG Fuel Cell Systems, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Association
- Daewoo Entec Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics HK Ltd.
- New Allied Electronics Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
- LS Mtron Co. Ltd. /Air Conditioning Business/
- LG Electronics Inc. Chile Ltda.
- LG Electronics Taiwan Taipei Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Portugal SA
- Innopla Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Nanjing Display Co. Ltd.
- Triveni Digital, Inc.
- LG Electronics Thailand Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Skyworth Digital Holdings Limited
- Archos SA
- Fitbit, Inc. Class A
- Midea Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- Arcelik A.S.
- Sichuan Changhong Electric Co., Ltd. Class A
- TCL Multimedia Technology Holdings Limited
- Tadiran Holdings, Inc.
- Dayou Automotive Seat Technology Co., Ltd
- Electrolux AB Class B
- Whirlpool Corporation
- OSRAM Licht AG
- Continental AG
- Concepcion Industrial Corp.
- Visteon Corporation
- Bigben Interactive SA
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Electra Consumer Products Ltd.
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- FuelCell Energy, Inc.
- Roku, Inc. Class A
- Rechi Precision Co. Ltd.
- Plantronics, Inc.
- Orbotech Ltd.
- BlackBerry Limited
- Capstone Turbine Corporation
- Coway Co., Ltd.
- Cuchen Co., Ltd.
- Display Tech Co., Ltd.
- Glory Science Co., Ltd
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 Apr, 2018