LG Electronics, Inc.
In the news
- Huawei summit, Hang Seng Tech Index launch and Apple Q3 results Jul 26, 2020
- China cinemas reopen, STAR Market anniversary, PAL Holdings AGM Jul 19, 2020
- LG debuts fan-powered mask to ease breathing Jul 13, 2020
- US to allow companies to work with Huawei on 5G standards Jun 17, 2020
- LG Electronics tops giant Samsung in white goods Jun 13, 2020 See more articles on LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics is a core company of South Korean conglomerate LG group, alongside LG Chem. Founded in 1958, LG Electronics has led the country's electronics industry since its early days as the first producer of radios, TVs and other appliances. Now, it is the second-largest electronics maker after Samsung Electronics.
Although LG Electronics lags far behind Samsung in semiconductors and smartphones, the two companies are in close competition in areas such as TVs, washing machines and refrigerators, at home and abroad. Headhunting and patent infringement suits are also common between the two companies. LG Electronics is known for its more laid-back work atmosphere compared to Samsung, which requires its employees to deliver results in a short time.
Its affiliated companies, such as LG Display and LG Innotek, produce liquid crystal display panels and electronic parts. Amid increased competition with its Chinese rivals in consumer products, LG Electronics aims to boost sales of electronic parts outside the group. It has, for example, set up a division specializing in research and development and supply to automakers.
Koo Bon-joon, vice chairman of LG Electronics, is the brother of LG Corp. chairman Koo Bon-moo, and the grandson of Koo In-hwoi, the company founder. He cannot ignore his brother when making important management decisions.
|Income before tax||3,094.51B||2,702.25M|
|Dividends Per Share||850||0.74|
|Operating cash flow||2,677.38B||2,337.99M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||2,558.11B||2,008.57B||1,580.73B||3,367.52B||3,094.51B|
|Dividends Per Share||400||750||750||1,200||850|
|Operating cash flow||2,166.27B||4,541.56B||3,689.16B||4,628.57B||2,677.38B|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||2,262.79M||1,825.11M||1,355.47M||2,854.10M||2,702.25M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.35||0.68||0.64||1.01||0.74|
|Operating cash flow||1,916.18M||4,126.75M||3,163.44M||3,922.89M||2,337.99M|
- President. Chief Executive Officer & Director: Joo-wan Cho
- Chief Technology Officer & Executive VP: Byoung-hoon Kim
- Vice President, Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Jong-Sang Lee
- Executive Vice President: Park Hyoung-sei
- Executive Vice President: Brian Na
- LG Corp. (33.6%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (8.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.1%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.0%)
- APG Asset Management NV (0.7%)
- Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. (0.6%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.5%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- LG Electronics, Inc. /In-Car Handset Wireless Charging Bus/
- LG Electronics Nanjing Vehicle Components Co., Ltd.
- LG Japan Lab Co., Ltd.
- LG Electronics Dubai FZE
- LG Electronics Algerie SARL
- LG Electronics Africa Logistics FZE
- LG Electronics Angola Lda.
- LG Electronics Guatemala SA
- LG Consulting Corp.
- LG Electronics Venezuela SA
- LG Electronics Ukraine Co., Ltd.
- LG Electronics Almaty Kazakhstan LLC
- Hi M Solutek Hvac Service & Maintenance LLC
- LG Electronics Saudi Arabia LLC
- LG Electronics S.A. (Pty) Ltd.
- LG Electronics Overseas Trading FZE
- LGENAF Service Co. SARL
- LG Electronics Nigeria Ltd.
- LG Electronics Fund I LLC
- LGEUS Power LLC
- LG Electronics Vehicle Components U.S.A. LLC
- Zenith Electronics Corporation of Pennsylvania
- Servicios LG Monterrey Mexico SA de CV
- Servicios Integrales LG SA DE CV
- KES Poland Sp zoo
- ZKW Austria Immobilien Holding GmbH
- LG Electronics Finland Lab Oy
- LG Electronics Benelux Sales BV
- Hi-M Solutek Vietnam Co., Ltd.
- Hi-M Solutek Philippines, Inc .
- VOXX International Corporation Class A
- Archos SA
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- Dayou Automotive Seat Technology Co., Ltd
- Dreamus Company
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Inseego Corp.
- Anam Electronics Co., Ltd
- OSRAM Licht AG
- AFCON Holdings Ltd
- Beijer Ref AB Class B
- Vuzix Corporation
- Whirlpool Corporation
- HLB Therapeutics Co., Ltd.
- VIZIO Holding Corp. Class A
- Display Tech Co., Ltd.
- Tadiran Group Ltd
- CUCKOO HOMESYS CO.,LTD
- Capstone Green Energy Corporation
- Meyer Burger Technology AG
- SK Networks Co., Ltd.
- COWAY Co., Ltd.
- Daxin Materials Corporation
- Hyundai Ezwel Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Futurenet Co., Ltd
- iRobot Corporation
- LOTTE Himart Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd
- Mechema Chemicals International Corp.
- Pixelworks, Inc.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 May, 2022
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.