LG Electronics, Inc.
- 70,800.00 KRW
South KoreaJul 18, 2019
Market cap (KRW)11,800.44B
Market cap (USD)10,010.55M
In the news
- Crazy hot noodles help K-food win world's hearts and stomachs Jul 18, 2019
- South Korean companies shift production out of China Jun 22, 2019
- Elite chaebol tighten grip on South Korean economy May 16, 2019
- Indonesia must avoid the complacency trap Apr 22, 2019
- Chinese smartphone makers spearhead 5G handset rollout Feb 26, 2019 See more articles on LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics is a core company of South Korean conglomerate LG group, alongside LG Chem. Founded in 1958, LG Electronics has led the country's electronics industry since its early days as the first producer of radios, TVs and other appliances. Now, it is the second-largest electronics maker after Samsung Electronics.
Although LG Electronics lags far behind Samsung in semiconductors and smartphones, the two companies are in close competition in areas such as TVs, washing machines and refrigerators, at home and abroad. Headhunting and patent infringement suits are also common between the two companies. LG Electronics is known for its more laid-back work atmosphere compared to Samsung, which requires its employees to deliver results in a short time.
Its affiliated companies, such as LG Display and LG Innotek, produce liquid crystal display panels and electronic parts. Amid increased competition with its Chinese rivals in consumer products, LG Electronics aims to boost sales of electronic parts outside the group. It has, for example, set up a division specializing in research and development and supply to automakers.
Koo Bon-joon, vice chairman of LG Electronics, is the brother of LG Corp. chairman Koo Bon-moo, and the grandson of Koo In-hwoi, the company founder. He cannot ignore his brother when making important management decisions.
|Income before tax||2,008.57B||1,825.11M|
|Dividends Per Share||750||0.68|
|Operating cash flow||4,541.56B||4,126.75M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||1,218.27B||593,125M||721,717M||2,558.11B||2,008.57B|
|Dividends Per Share||400||400||400||400||750|
|Operating cash flow||2,029.18B||2,618.77B||3,157.99B||2,166.27B||4,541.56B|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||1,157.32M||524.05M||622.06M||2,262.79M||1,825.11M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.37||0.35||0.34||0.35||0.68|
|Operating cash flow||1,927.67M||2,313.80M||2,721.96M||1,916.18M||4,126.75M|
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Seong-Jin Cho
- Chief Technology Officer: Il-Pyung Park
- Vice President, Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Jong-Sang Lee
- Vice President: Ho-Kun Hwang
- Vice President: Young-Bae Na
- LG Corp. (33.6%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.9%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.6%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.2%)
- APG Asset Management NV (0.9%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.8%)
- Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- BlackRock Japan Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- Address: LG Twin Tower, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1114
- Hientech Co., Ltd.
- LG Electronics, Inc. /2 Subs/
- EIC Properties Pte Ltd.
- LG Electronics Colombia Lda.
- LG Fuel Cell Systems Korea, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc. /Time Controller Business/
- Hua Fei Color Display Systems Co., Ltd.
- LG Holdings (HK) Ltd.
- LG Optical (Mfg) Ltd.
- Hi Plaza, Inc.
- Ace R&A Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing LG International Vmi Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Vietnam Hai Phong Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Hangzhou) Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (China) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics (Shanghai) R&D Center Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai LG Electronics Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics Gulf FZE
- LG Electronics (Qinhuangdao) Co. Ltd.
- Qingdao LG Inspur Digital Communication Co. Ltd.
- ZKW Group GmbH
- Hewlett-Packard Co. /Web Operating System Business/
- LG Fuel Cell Systems, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Association
- Daewoo Entec Co. Ltd.
- LG Electronics HK Ltd.
- New Allied Electronics Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
- LS Mtron Co. Ltd. /Air Conditioning Business/
- LG Electronics Inc. Chile Ltda.
- LG Electronics Taiwan Taipei Co. Ltd.
- Skyworth Group Limited
- Archos SA
- Fitbit, Inc. Class A
- Dayou Automotive Seat Technology Co., Ltd
- Sichuan Changhong Electric Co., Ltd. Class A
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- Midea Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Inseego Corp.
- OSRAM Licht AG
- Korea Electric Terminal Co., Ltd.
- Continental AG
- AFCON Holdings Ltd
- Ledtech Electronics Corp.
- Concepcion Industrial Corp.
- Beijer Ref AB Class B
- Electra Consumer Products Ltd.
- Tadiran Holdings Ltd.
- WiSoL Co., Ltd.
- Visteon Corporation
- Plantronics, Inc.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Rechi Precision Co. Ltd.
- Roku, Inc. Class A
- Vuzix Corporation
- G-treeBNT Co., Ltd.
- Daemyung Corporation Co., Ltd
- SK Networks Co., Ltd.
- BlackBerry Limited
- Capstone Turbine Corporation
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 18 Jul, 2019