Lotte Chemical Corp.
In the news
- Asian equities rebound as dollar index retreats Mar 20, 2020
- Asian stocks climb as trade deal hopes linger Nov 1, 2019
- Elite chaebol tighten grip on South Korean economy May 16, 2019
- South Korean blue chips bruised by Chinese slump Feb 16, 2019
- Singapore stocks post first weekly fall in six as real-estate firms edge lower Feb 2, 2018 See more articles on Lotte Chemical Corp.
Lotte Chemical is a core unit of Lotte group, the fifth-largest conglomerate in South Korea.
In terms of sales, Lotte Chemical ranks behind only LG Chem in the domestic chemical industry. It is one of the world's largest producers of chemical products such as polyethylene and ethylene.
Lotte Chemical began as Honam Petrochemical, which was established in 1976 through technological collaboration between companies including Japan's Mitsui group. Lotte group acquired the business in 1979. Honam became Lotte Chemical in 2012, when its management was integrated with Kp Chemical.
In South Korea, Lotte Chemical has the world's biggest ethylene capacity. Its plants in Yeosu, South Jeolla Province, and Seosan, South Chungcheong Province, each have 1 million-ton production systems.
The company is also expanding its international presence.
In 2018, it plans to open a joint plant with U.S. company Axiall in the state of Louisiana. The facility is to produce ethylene from shale gas. This stands to boost Lotte Chemical's ethylene capacity to 3.7 million tons.
In 2010, the South Korean company acquired Malaysia's Titan Chemicals, now called Lotte Chemical Titan Holding.
Seeking to reduce its heavy reliance on commodity chemicals, Lotte Chemical intends to reinforce its water treatment business. In addition, it has research-and-development programs focused on large-scale battery products, such as energy storage systems.
|Income before tax||1,521.55B||1,328.68M|
|Dividends Per Share||8,300||7.24|
|Operating cash flow||1,535.20B||1,340.60M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||3,084.68B||2,006.18B||1,063.65B||178,695.37M||1,521.55B|
|Dividends Per Share||10,500||10,500||6,700||3,600||8,300|
|Operating cash flow||3,152.43B||1,503.36B||1,408.91B||1,377.44B||1,535.20B|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||2,728.57M||1,822.94M||912.07M||151.45M||1,328.68M|
|Dividends Per Share||9.28||9.54||5.74||3.05||7.24|
|Operating cash flow||2,788.50M||1,366.05M||1,208.13M||1,167.43M||1,340.60M|
- Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer: Dong-Bin Shin
- Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director: Young-jun Lee
- Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director: Jin-Koo Hwang
- Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director: Kyo-Hyeon Kim
- Senior Managing Director & Head-Research: Gyeong-Bo Kang
- Lotte Holdings Co., Ltd. (29.2%)
- Lotte Corp. (25.5%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (7.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.1%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.0%)
- Invesco Asset Management Ltd. (0.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.5%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.4%)
- Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd. (0.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.3%)
- Address: 14-16/F, Lotte World Tower, 300 Olympic-ro, Seoul, 05551, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.829.4114
- Luochuan Chemical (Jiaxing) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Processing Materials (Shenyang) Co., Ltd.
- Luochuan Processing Materials (Jiaxing) Co., Ltd.
- PT Lotte Chemical Engineering Plastics Indonesia
- Peker Surface Designs Industry & Trade JSC
- LOTTE Chemical Vietnam Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Chemical Japan Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Chemical Hungary Ltd.
- LOTTE Chemical Engineering Plastics (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Chemical Engineering Plastics (Dongguan) Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Chemical India Pvt Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical Corp. /Pet Plant/
- Lotte Chemical Engineering Plastics (Jiaxing) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical Poland Sp zoo
- LTC Chemical Pty Ltd.
- LOTTE Chemical California, Inc.
- Lotte Chemical Alabama Corp.
- Lotte Chemical USA Corp.
- Lotte Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical (Jiaxing) Corp.
- Lotte Chemical Trading (Shanghai) Corp.
- Honam Chemical Trading (Shanghai) Corp.
- LOTTE Chemical Deutschland GmbH
- Lotte Chemical Pakistan Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical Corp. ESOA.
- Lotte Chemical Titan Holding Berhad
- LG Chem Ltd.
- TotalEnergies SE
- Korea Petro Chemical Ind. Co., Ltd.
- LyondellBasell Industries NV
- Hanwha Corp
- TK Chemical Corporation
- Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Trinseo Public Limited Company
- Covestro AG
- Indorama Ventures Public Co. Ltd.
- Zhejiang Jiahua Energy Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. Class A
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- Samyang Corporation
- Sewoo Global Co., Ltd
- Lion Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- OCI Co., Ltd
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 4 Oct, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.