Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd.
In the news
- Leaving the past behind: Lotte's chief all in for digital retail Mar 6, 2020
- Asian equities tumble as coronavirus spreads outside China Feb 24, 2020
- Asian stocks decline as coronavirus continues to spread Feb 21, 2020
- Asian stocks fall as South Korea reports jump in coronavirus cases Feb 20, 2020
- Asian stocks gain as latest data help ease worries over China epidemic Feb 14, 2020 See more articles on Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd.
Lotte Shopping is a major South Korean distributor with various sales channels, from department stores to large discount stores to home electronics retailers. It boasts the largest sales among South Korea's distribution-related listed companies.
The company is accelerating its overseas expansion, including in China, as stiff regulations at home make high domestic growth unlikely.
Most of the company's sales come from Lotte Department Store, Lotte Mart large discount stores and Lotte Hi-mart home appliance stores.
Lotte Shopping is the operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores in South Korea, and it also runs Lotte Super, a chain of small and medium-sized supermarkets, Lotte Cinema and a home shopping service. It offers financial services, as well.
Lotte Duty Free, the biggest duty-free shop in South Korea, is run by Lotte Shopping group company Hotel Lotte.
Given South Korea's aging population and declining birthrate, Lotte Shopping can expect little growth in its home market, especially as large discount stores and convenience stores are subject to strict regulations aimed at protecting smaller shops.
The company is focusing on developing new businesses, such as outlet malls. Its department store business has stalled as the result of changing spending habits among the aging society.
The major players in Lotte Shopping's overseas expansion are department stores and large discount stores. It is particularly expanding the latter in China, Indonesia and Vietnam.
While the company's overseas expansions are still in the upfront-investment phase, it plans to turn these operations into a growth pillar.
|Income before tax||-734,673.58M||-641.54M|
|Dividends Per Share||2,800||2.44|
|Operating cash flow||1,525.21B||1,331.88M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||254,026.74M||-93,861.62M||-1,220.14B||-784,463.58M||-734,673.58M|
|Dividends Per Share||5,200||5,200||3,800||2,800||2,800|
|Operating cash flow||1,408.77B||61,672.33M||1,217.18B||1,061.10B||1,525.21B|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||224.70M||-85.28M||-1,046.27M||-664.86M||-641.54M|
|Dividends Per Share||4.59||4.72||3.25||2.37||2.44|
|Operating cash flow||1,246.14M||56.03M||1,043.73M||899.32M||1,331.88M|
- Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director: Sung-Hyun Kang
- Co-CEO, Director & Head-Lotte Department Store: Junho Jung
- Head-Compliance Support: Seol-Ah Lee
- Managing Director: Jong-Hwan Kim
- Head-Investor Relations: Jihwan Seol
- Lotte Corp. (40%)
- SHIN DONG-BIN (10.2%)
- Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd. (8.8%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (4.0%)
- SHIN YOUNG-JA (1.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.9%)
- Hotel Lote Busan Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.4%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.3%)
- Address: 81 Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, 04533, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.771.2500
- Lotte White Flower (Shenyang) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Whitening (Chengdu) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte DMC Development Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Gimhae Development Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Tadongtan Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Properties (Chengdu) HK Ltd.
- Lotte Properties (Chengdu) Ltd.
- Lotte Department Store (Chengdu) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Department Store (Shenyang) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte (China) Management Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Asset Development Co. Ltd. /Shopping Mall Bus/
- Lotte Shopping Co. Ltd. /Mobile Gift Card Bus/
- Lotte Ulsan Development Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Cinema
- LOTTE Songdo Shopping Town Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Cultureworks Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Properties (Hanoi) Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Lotte Shopping Holdings (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- Lotte GFR Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Town Dongtan Co., Ltd.
- LHSC Ltd.
- Shenyang SL Cinema Investment Management Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Hotel & Retail Vietnam Pte Ltd.
- Shandong Longzhile Cinema Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Shopping Co. Ltd. /Global Fashion Bus/
- Lotte Shopping Co. Ltd. /Investment Div/
- Lotte Business Management (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Super Co., Ltd.
- Himart Logitech Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Plaza Market
- GS Retail Co., Ltd.
- CJ Corporation
- Hyundai Department Store Co., Ltd
- Hyundai Home Shopping Network Corporation
- E-MART Inc.
- Shinsegae Co., Ltd
- Hanwha Corp
- KISWIRE LTD
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited
- GS Holdings Corp.
- NS Shopping Co., Ltd.
- Moda-InnoChips Co., Ltd.
- Harim Holdings Co., Ltd.
- CJ ENM Co., Ltd.
- Gwangju Shinsegae Co., Ltd.
- PT Sumber Alfaria Trijaya
- CJ CGV Co., Ltd
- Next Entertainment World Co., Ltd.
- Gradiant Corporation
- AK Holdings, Inc.
- COWELL FASHION Co., Ltd.
- Hansol Logistics Co., Ltd.
- Hyungji Elite Inc.
- ORION Holdings Corporation
- Savezone I & C Corp.
- SHOWBOX Corp.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 4 Oct, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.