Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd.
In the news
- Leaving the past behind: Lotte's chief all in for digital retail Mar 6, 2020
- Asian equities tumble as coronavirus spreads outside China Feb 24, 2020
- Asian stocks decline as coronavirus continues to spread Feb 21, 2020
- Asian stocks fall as South Korea reports jump in coronavirus cases Feb 20, 2020
- Asian stocks gain as latest data help ease worries over China epidemic Feb 14, 2020 See more articles on Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd.
Lotte Shopping is a major South Korean distributor with various sales channels, from department stores to large discount stores to home electronics retailers. It boasts the largest sales among South Korea's distribution-related listed companies.
The company is accelerating its overseas expansion, including in China, as stiff regulations at home make high domestic growth unlikely.
Most of the company's sales come from Lotte Department Store, Lotte Mart large discount stores and Lotte Hi-mart home appliance stores.
Lotte Shopping is the operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores in South Korea, and it also runs Lotte Super, a chain of small and medium-sized supermarkets, Lotte Cinema and a home shopping service. It offers financial services, as well.
Lotte Duty Free, the biggest duty-free shop in South Korea, is run by Lotte Shopping group company Hotel Lotte.
Given South Korea's aging population and declining birthrate, Lotte Shopping can expect little growth in its home market, especially as large discount stores and convenience stores are subject to strict regulations aimed at protecting smaller shops.
The company is focusing on developing new businesses, such as outlet malls. Its department store business has stalled as the result of changing spending habits among the aging society.
The major players in Lotte Shopping's overseas expansion are department stores and large discount stores. It is particularly expanding the latter in China, Indonesia and Vietnam.
While the company's overseas expansions are still in the upfront-investment phase, it plans to turn these operations into a growth pillar.
|Income before tax||-784,463.58M||-664.86M|
|Dividends Per Share||2,800||2.37|
|Operating cash flow||1,061.10B||899.32M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||319,533.38M||254,026.74M||-93,861.62M||-1,220.14B||-784,463.58M|
|Dividends Per Share||2,239.58||5,200||5,200||3,800||2,800|
|Operating cash flow||1,330.64B||1,408.77B||61,672.33M||1,217.18B||1,061.10B|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||275.41M||224.70M||-85.28M||-1,046.27M||-664.86M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.93||4.59||4.72||3.25||2.37|
|Operating cash flow||1,146.92M||1,246.14M||56.03M||1,043.73M||899.32M|
- Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director: Won-Jun Lee
- Co-President, Co-CEO & Director: Hee-Tae Gang
- Head-Compliance Support: Seol-Ah Lee
- Managing Director: Jong-Hwan Kim
- Head-Investor Relations: Jihwan Seol
- Lotte Corp. (40%)
- SHIN DONG-BIN (10.2%)
- HOTEL LOTTE Co., Ltd. (8.8%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (5.0%)
- SHIN YOUNG-JA (1.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.9%)
- Hotel Lote Busan Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- SHIN DONG-JU (0.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.4%)
- Address: 81 Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, 04533, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.771.2500
- Lotte Shopping Co. Ltd. /Mobile Gift Card Bus/
- Lotte Shopping Town Daegu Co. Ltd.
- Lotte Cinema
- LOTTE Songdo Shopping Town Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Cultureworks Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Properties (Hanoi) Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Lotte Shopping Holdings (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- LOTTE Town Dongtan Co., Ltd.
- LHSC Ltd.
- Shenyang SL Cinema Investment Management Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Hotel & Retail Vietnam Pte Ltd.
- Shandong Longzhile Cinema Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Shopping Co. Ltd. /Global Fashion Bus/
- Lotte Shopping Co. Ltd. /Investment Div/
- Lotte Business Management (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Super Co., Ltd.
- Himart Logitech Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Plaza Market
- PT Lotte Shopping Avenue Indonesia
- Lotte Incheon Development Co., Ltd.
- Chungnam Smartcard Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Suwon Station Shopping Town Co., Ltd
- Igis I Corp.
- Gyeonggi Smartcard Co., Ltd.
- PT Lotte Logistics Indonesia
- Lotte Shopping Plaza Vietnam Co. Ltd.
- Liaoning Lotte Supermarket Co. Ltd.
- Lottecinema Vietnam Co., Ltd.
- Lotte Incheon Town Co., Ltd.
- LOTTE Members Co., Ltd.
- E-MART Inc.
- GS Retail Co., Ltd.
- CJ Corporation
- Hyundai Department Store Co., Ltd
- Hyundai Home Shopping Network Corporation
- CJ ENM Co., Ltd.
- Shinsegae Co., Ltd
- Hanwha Corp
- KISWIRE LTD
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited
- GS Holdings Corp.
- Gwangju Shinsegae Co., Ltd.
- PT Sumber Alfaria Trijaya
- Daesung Industrial Co., Ltd
- NS Shopping Co., Ltd.
- PT Matahari Department Store Tbk Class A
- CJ CGV Co., Ltd
- GS Home Shopping Inc.
- Next Entertainment World Co., Ltd.
- Moda-InnoChips Co., Ltd.
- Harim Holdings Co., Ltd.
- AK Holdings, Inc.
- Ascendio Co., Ltd.
- China Youran Dairy Group Limited
- FOODNAMOO., INC.
- Hyungji Elite Inc.
- ORION Holdings Corporation
- Savezone I & C Corp.
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 30 Jul, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.