- 13,790.00 JPY
JapanJul 19, 2019
Market cap (JPY)4,203.81B
Market cap (USD)39,047M
In the news
- Time for M&A to rationalize corporate Japan Jun 19, 2019
- Corporate Japan logs first profit dip in 3 years as China slows May 13, 2019
- Nidec to add plant in China's Dalian for electric-car motors Apr 27, 2019
- Bank of Japan to be top shareholder of Japan stocks Apr 17, 2019
- Asian tech suppliers brace for prolonged downturn Jan 28, 2019 See more articles on NIDEC Corp.
NIDEC CORP. engages in the development, manufacturing, and sales of small precision, automotive, commercial and industrial motors, motors for machinery, electronic and optical components, and other related products. It operates through the following segments: Nidec, Nidec Electronics Thailand, Nidec Singapore, Nidec Hong Kong, Nidec Sankyo, Nidec Copal, Nidec Techno Motor, Nidec Motor, Nidec Motors and Actuators, and Others. The Nidec segment includes Nidec Corporation, which develops and sells hard disk drive (HDD) motors, small motors, and in-vehicle products. The Nidec Electronics Thailand segment includes Nidec Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries. It also manufactures and sells HDD motors. The Nidec Singapore segment includes Nidec Singapore Pte Ltd. and its subsidiaries. It also sells HDD and other small motors. The Nidec Hong Kong segment includes Nidec (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries. It produces and markets HDD and other small motors. The Nidec Sankyo segment Nidec Sankyo Corp. and its subsidiaries. It manufactures and sells automotive products, electronic components, and other small motors. The Nidec Copal segment includes Nidec Copal Corp. and its subsidiaries. It manufactures and sells optical and electronic products and equipment. The Nidec Techno Motor segment includes Nidec Techno Motor Corp. and its subsidiaries. It produces and sells commercial and industrial products. The Nidec Motor segment includes Nidec US Holdings Corp. and its subsidiaries in North and South America, Asia, and Europe. Its main products include consumer electronics and commercial and industrial products. The Nidec Motors & Actuators segment includes Nidec Motors & Actuators (Germany) GmbH and its subsidiaries in Europe, Japan, Asia, and North and South America. It manufactures and sells automotive products. The Others segment includes Nidec Global Service Corp. The company was founded by Shigenobu Nagamori and Hiroshi Kobe on July 23, 1973 and is headquartered in Kyoto, Japan.
|Income before tax||139,014M||1,253.56M|
|Dividends Per Share||105||0.94|
|Operating cash flow||170,233M||1,535.08M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||107,371M||117,164M||141,313M||163,665M||139,014M|
|Dividends Per Share||70||80||85||95||105|
|Operating cash flow||91,875M||147,659M||129,853M||175,568M||170,233M|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||977.37M||975.68M||1,304.97M||1,476.68M||1,253.56M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.63||0.66||0.78||0.85||0.94|
|Operating cash flow||836.31M||1,229.62M||1,199.15M||1,584.08M||1,535.08M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Shigenobu Nagamori
- President, COO & Representative Director: Hiroyuki Yoshimoto
- CFO, Director, EVP & Head-CFO Strategy: Akira Sato
- Vice Chairman & Chief Technology Officer: Mikio Katayama
- Director, EVP & GM-Small Precision Motors: Toshihiko Miyabe
- NAGAMORI SHIGENOBU (11.6%)
- The Bank of Kyoto, Ltd. (4.1%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.8%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (2.4%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (2.2%)
- Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Co. (2.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.0%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.7%)
- The Shiga Bank, Ltd. (1.4%)
- Baillie Gifford & Co. (1.4%)
- Address: 338 Kuzetonoshiro-cho, Minami-Ku, Kyoto, 601-8205, Japan
- Phone: +81.75.922.1111
- Nidec Corp. /Secop Compressor Business/
- NMA Property Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
- Nidec Employee Incentive Plan
- CIMA SpA
- Ealing Cia de Gestiones y Participaciones S A
- Embraco Industria de Compressores e Solucoes em Refrigeracao
- Nidec Automotive Motor Americas LLC
- NIDEC Elesys (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Embraco RUS OOO
- Nidec Minster Corp.
- Nidec Americas Holding Corp.
- Nidec Europe BV
- Emerson Electric Co. /Motors, Drives & Power Gen Bus/
- Nidec Motor Corp. Romania
- E.C.E. SRL
- Nidec Component Technology (Suzhou) Co. Ltd.
- Ningbo Minster Industrial Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Machinery (Zhejiang) Corp.
- Higashifuji (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- Changzhou Kinetek Motor Master Co., Ltd.
- Nidec Component Technology (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Sankyo Korea Corp.
- Nidec Sankyo Do Brasil Ltda.
- SC Wado Component (Cambodia) Co. Ltd.
- NIDEC (Shaoguan) Ltd.
- FIR Elettromeccanica SRL
- Nidec (Beijing) Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Seimitsu Motor Technology (Dongguan) Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Sankyo Electronics (Shaoguan) Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Precision Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Regal Beloit Corp
- SHW AG
- WEG S.A.
- GMB Korea Corp.
- Magna International Inc.
- Foxconn Technology Co., Ltd.
- FormFactor, Inc.
- Electro Power Systems S.A.
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 19 Jul, 2019