In the news
- Omron prescribes telemedicine for growth in the 'new normal' May 1, 2020
- Nidec chief sees opportunity amid coronavirus uncertainty Apr 30, 2020
- 'Don't bring factories home, it only adds to risk,' Nidec chief says Apr 21, 2020
- Nidec conducts mass demotions to clear way for Nissan's Seki Mar 7, 2020
- Nissan shareholders give management an earful Feb 18, 2020 See more articles on NIDEC Corp.
NIDEC CORP. engages in the development, manufacturing, and sales of small precision, automotive, commercial and industrial motors, motors for machinery, electronic and optical components, and other related products. It operates through the following segments: Nidec, Nidec Electronics Thailand, Nidec Singapore, Nidec Hong Kong, Nidec Sankyo, Nidec Copal, Nidec Techno Motor, Nidec Motor, Nidec Motors and Actuators, and Others. The Nidec segment includes Nidec Corporation, which develops and sells hard disk drive (HDD) motors, small motors, and in-vehicle products. The Nidec Electronics Thailand segment includes Nidec Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries. It also manufactures and sells HDD motors. The Nidec Singapore segment includes Nidec Singapore Pte Ltd. and its subsidiaries. It also sells HDD and other small motors. The Nidec Hong Kong segment includes Nidec (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries. It produces and markets HDD and other small motors. The Nidec Sankyo segment Nidec Sankyo Corp. and its subsidiaries. It manufactures and sells automotive products, electronic components, and other small motors. The Nidec Copal segment includes Nidec Copal Corp. and its subsidiaries. It manufactures and sells optical and electronic products and equipment. The Nidec Techno Motor segment includes Nidec Techno Motor Corp. and its subsidiaries. It produces and sells commercial and industrial products. The Nidec Motor segment includes Nidec US Holdings Corp. and its subsidiaries in North and South America, Asia, and Europe. Its main products include consumer electronics and commercial and industrial products. The Nidec Motors & Actuators segment includes Nidec Motors & Actuators (Germany) GmbH and its subsidiaries in Europe, Japan, Asia, and North and South America. It manufactures and sells automotive products. The Others segment includes Nidec Global Service Corp. The company was founded by Shigenobu Nagamori and Hiroshi Kobe on July 23, 1973 and is headquartered in Kyoto, Japan.
|Income before tax||106,927M||983.45M|
|Dividends Per Share||57.50||0.52|
|Operating cash flow||168,049M||1,545.62M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||117,164M||141,313M||163,665M||139,014M||106,927M|
|Dividends Per Share||40||42.50||47.50||52.50||57.50|
|Operating cash flow||147,659M||129,853M||175,568M||170,233M||168,049M|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||975.68M||1,304.97M||1,476.68M||1,253.56M||983.45M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.33||0.39||0.42||0.47||0.52|
|Operating cash flow||1,229.62M||1,199.15M||1,584.08M||1,535.08M||1,545.62M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Shigenobu Nagamori
- President, COO & Representative Director: Jun Seki
- CFO, Managing Executive Officer & Head-Accounting: Takeaki Ishii
- Representative Director & Chief Technology Officer: Mikio Katayama
- Chief Compliance & Information Security Officer: Go Watanabe
- NAGAMORI SHIGENOBU (11.6%)
- The Bank of Kyoto, Ltd. (4.1%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.6%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (2.4%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.2%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (2.2%)
- Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Co. (2.1%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors) (2.0%)
- NIDEC Corp. (1.7%)
- Address: 338 Kuzetonoshiro-cho, Minami-Ku, Kyoto, 601-8205, Japan
- Phone: +81.75.922.1111
- Nidec Global Appliance Italy SRL
- Roboteq, Inc.
- Nidec Mobility Corp.
- NMA Property Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
- Nidec Employee Incentive Plan
- CIMA SpA
- Nidec Industrial Automation India Pvt Ltd.
- Ealing Cia de Gestiones y Participaciones S A
- Embraco Industria de Compressores e Solucoes em Refrigeracao
- Nidec Automotive Motor Americas LLC
- NIDEC Elesys (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Embraco RUS OOO
- Nidec Minster Corp.
- Nidec Americas Holding Corp.
- Nidec Europe BV
- Emerson Electric Co. /Motors, Drives & Power Gen Bus/
- E.C.E. SRL
- Nidec Component Technology (Suzhou) Co. Ltd.
- Ningbo Minster Industrial Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Machinery (Zhejiang) Corp.
- Higashifuji (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- Changzhou Kinetek Motor Master Co., Ltd.
- Nidec Component Technology (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Sankyo Korea Corp.
- Nidec Sankyo Do Brasil Ltda.
- SC Wado Component (Cambodia) Co. Ltd.
- NIDEC (Shaoguan) Ltd.
- FIR Elettromeccanica SRL
- Nidec (Beijing) Co. Ltd.
- Nidec Seimitsu Motor Technology (Dongguan) Co. Ltd.
- Columbus McKinnon Corporation
- Shenzhen Inovance Technology Co., Ltd Class A
- Regal Beloit Corp
- GMB KOREA Corp.
- Dana Incorporated
- WEG S.A.
- Foxconn Technology Co., Ltd.
- Cummins Inc.
- FormFactor, Inc.
- Brooks Automation, Inc.
- Stoneridge, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 22 May, 2020