In the news
- Kyoto University and Toyota test 1,000 km per-charge EV battery Aug 13, 2020
- Robot-friendly workplaces: Japan sees shared rules paving path Aug 11, 2020
- Japan's battery startups take the world beyond lithium ion Aug 3, 2020
- China embarks on charm offensive toward Japanese companies Aug 3, 2020
- From remote rehab to fitness, Japan's wearable robots adapt to crisis Aug 1, 2020 See more articles on Panasonic Corp.
Panasonic Corp. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of electrical products. It operates through the following segments: Appliances, Eco Solutions, Connected Solutions Company, Automotive and Industrial Systems, and Others. The Appliances segment develops and manufactures white goods such as vacuum cleaner, washing machine, refrigerator, and air conditioner; as well as health and beauty products. The Eco Solutions segment handles development, manufacture and sale of lighting fixtures and electric lamps including LED lighting, solar photovoltaic systems, wiring devices, interior furnishing materials, water-related products, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment, air purifiers, and others. The Connected Solutions segment offers system integration, installation, support, and maintenance services for aviation, manufacturing, entertainment, retail, and logistics. The Automotive and Industrial System segment develops, manufactures, sells and provide services for car-use-multimedia-related equipment, electrical components, lithium-ion batteries, storage batteries, dry batteries, electronic components, electronic materials, automation controls, semiconductors, optical devices, electronic-components-mounting machines, welding equipment, bicycles, and others. The Others segment deal with detached housing, rental apartment housing, land and buildings for sale, home remodeling, imported materials and components, and others. The company was founded by Konosuke Matsushita on March 7, 1918 and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
|Income before tax||281,573M||2,654.91M|
|Dividends Per Share||20||0.18|
|Operating cash flow||504,038M||4,752.50M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021|
|Income before tax||275,066M||378,590M||416,456M||291,050M||281,573M|
|Dividends Per Share||25||30||30||30||20|
|Operating cash flow||385,410M||423,182M||203,677M||430,303M||504,038M|
|Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021|
|Income before tax||2,540.14M||3,415.87M||3,755.41M||2,676.91M||2,654.91M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.23||0.27||0.27||0.27||0.18|
|Operating cash flow||3,559.13M||3,818.21M||1,836.67M||3,957.69M||4,752.50M|
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Yuki Kusumi
- CFO, Director & Managing Executive Officer: Hirokazu Umeda
- Chief Technology & Information Officer: Yoshiyuki Miyabe
- Director & Chief Compliance Officer: Laurence William Bates
- Chief Strategy Officer & Executive Officer: Eiichi Katayama
- Panasonic Corp. (4.9%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.3%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.1%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (2.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.1%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.8%)
- Panasonic Employee Stock Ownership Plan (1.5%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.5%)
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. (1.5%)
- Address: 1006 Oaza Kadoma, Kadoma, Osaka, 571-8501, Japan
- Phone: +81.6.6908.1121
- Panasonic PROIE Services Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic AGE-FREE Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Corp. /Three Subsidiaries/
- Panasonic Corp. /Chipmaking Business/
- Panasonic Restricted Stock Compensation Plan
- Connected Solutions Co.
- Panasonic Corp. /Solar Power R&D Division/
- Panasonic Intellectual Property Management Co. Ltd.
- MCA Funding II Holding
- Hussmann Services Corp.
- Panasonic Sanki Systems Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Europe BV
- Panasonic Business Support Europe GmbH
- Shiftall, Inc.
- Delta Aerospace Corp.
- Union Rhac Tecnologia em Eficiencia Energetica Ltda.
- Pall Aerospace Corp.
- Panasonic Industrial Devices Optical Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Mobile Communications & Networks Ltd.
- Matsushita Battery Industrial de Mexico SA de CV
- Matsushita Industrial Information Equipment Co., Ltd.
- PUX Corp.
- Coronal Energy LLC
- Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Asia
- Panasonic Cold-Chain (Dalian) Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Hungary Ltd.
- Panasonic Industrial Devices Obihiro Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Electrical & Mechanical (China) Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Industrial Devices SUNX (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Logistics Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Canon Inc.
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- VOXX International Corporation Class A
- Primax Electronics Ltd.
- Garmin Ltd.
- Vicon Industries, Inc.
- ABB Ltd.
- Havells India Limited
- Darfon Electronics Corp
- Legrand SA
- Carrier Global Corp.
- Dover Corporation
- INPAQ Technology Co., Ltd
- Dayou Automotive Seat Technology Co., Ltd
- Nexcom International Co., Ltd.
- Regal Beloit Corp
- Aptiv PLC
- Shenzhen Inovance Technology Co., Ltd Class A
- Hengdian Group DMEGC Magnetics Co., Ltd Class A
- LG Display Co., Ltd
- Coretronic Corporation
- Zebra Technologies Corporation Class A
- O2Micro International Limited Sponsored ADR
- Stoneridge, Inc.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
- LIXIL Corporation
- II-VI Incorporated
- Thales SA
- Whirlpool Corporation
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 22 Sep, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.