Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd.
In the news
- Chinese finance platform Lufax files for US IPO of up to $3bn Aug 11, 2020
- Vulture funds poised to swoop in on non-performing loans in China Aug 9, 2020
- Thailand attracts hordes of Chinese patients despite COVID Jul 22, 2020
- Ant's IPO plan: What to know about China's $200bn fintech king Jul 21, 2020
- In Depth: China prepares to tear down dusty bank-brokerage divide Jul 3, 2020 See more articles on Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd.
Ping An Insurance Group is a Chinese financial conglomerate with banking, asset management and other units. It has nearly 90 million customers. Ping An was established in the southern city of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, in 1988 as China's first joint-stock insurance company. It entered the banking business in 2006 when it purchased a bank in the city and renamed it Ping An Bank.
The company has 236,000 employees and 635,000 insurance agents. Many of the types of policies it promotes have not entered the mainstream in China. It ranks second in both the life and nonlife insurance markets in terms of premium revenues.
One of Ping An's key strengths is its ability to comprehensively offer a range of financial services, including insurance, banking, trust, securities, futures and asset management.
Ping An stands out among Chinese financial institutions for its aggressive acceptance of foreign capital. HSBC of the U.K. became its single largest shareholder in 2002. HSBC later sold its stake under a new management policy, making Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group the biggest investor. Other shareholders include Tamasek Holdings, an investment company owned by the government of Singapore.
|Income before tax||159,369.86M||20,503.43M|
|Dividends Per Share||2.86||0.36|
|Operating cash flow||436,176.69M||56,115.50M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||147,128.12M||171,837.01M||183,144.52M||192,060.54M||159,369.86M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.81||1.99||2.26||2.56||2.86|
|Operating cash flow||367,005.65M||284,951.17M||417,534.12M||507,719.49M||436,176.69M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||18,879.96M||21,924.85M||23,374.58M||24,762.85M||20,503.43M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.23||0.25||0.28||0.33||0.36|
|Operating cash flow||47,095.37M||36,357.19M||53,289.54M||65,461.55M||56,115.50M|
- President, Co-CEO & Executive Director: Yong Lin Xie
- Co-CEO, Executive Director & Chief Actuary: Jason Yao
- Co-CEO, Executive Director & Executive VP: Sin Ying Tan
- COO & Director-Strategic Development Center: Xin Fu
- Finance Director & Chief Financial Officer: Zhi Chun Zhang
- CHEARAVANONT FAMILY (15.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.5%)
- Baillie Gifford & Co. (2.4%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.2%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors) (1.3%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors) (1.2%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.0%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.9%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC (0.8%)
- First Sentier Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.8%)
- Address: Ping An Finance Center, 47-48-108-109-110-111-112 Floor, Shenzhen, 518033, China
- Phone: +86.400.8866.338
- Tongxiang Haoji Properties Co. Ltd.
- Ping An 2022 Long Term Service Esop
- Ping An Insurance Co., Ltd. Wuhan Branch Jiangnan Office
- Ping An 2021 Long Term Service ESOP
- Shenzhen Sheng Jun Investment Management Co., Ltd.
- Jiaxing Yihao Ping An Jishi Equity Investment Mgmt Co., Ltd.
- Ping An Urban Construction Technology (Shenzhen) Co.,Ltd.
- Helios P.A. Co., Ltd.
- Ping An Pay Electronic Payment Co., Ltd.
- Ping An International Financial Leasing (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
- Ping An International Commercial Factoring (Tianjin) Co.,Ltd.
- Guangzhou Ping An Good Loan Microfinance Co., Ltd.
- Zhuhai Hengqin Ping An Money Micro Loan Co., Ltd.
- Fuer Insurance Broker Co.,Ltd.
- Pingzheng Securities(HK) Co., Ltd.
- Ping An Capital of China(HK) Co., Ltd..
- Ping An Futures(HK) of China Co., Ltd
- Shanxi Jinjiao Expressway Co., Ltd.
- Ping An Wealthtone Investment Management Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Ping An New Capital Investment Co., Ltd.
- Pingan Capital Co. Ltd.
- Ping An Digital Economic Research Center
- Ping An Property Insurance Co. of China Ltd.
- Ping An Stock Preferred No 3 Stock Pension Product
- Shenzhen Qianhai Credit Information Center Co., Ltd.
- Ping An Technology Hong Kong
- Shenzhen City Shenglu Enterprise Management Co. Ltd.
- Ping An International Smart City Technology Co., Ltd.
- Ping an Property & Casualty Insurance Company of China Ltd. (D
- Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China Ltd. (DSG)
- China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. Class H
- X Financial Sponsored ADR Class A
- Datasea, Inc.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 28 Nov, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.