Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
SAIC Motor Corp. Ltd.
- 28.55 CNY
ChinaAug 17, 2018
Market cap (CNY)327,487.40M
Market cap (USD)47,479.83M
In the news
- GM and Seoul agree on $7bn rescue package for South Korean unit May 11, 2018
- Audi aims to regain China throne with 10 new SUVs Apr 2, 2018
- Chinese autoparts makers go on global buying spree Mar 21, 2018
- China's SAIC Motor to ride SUV for India foray in 2019 Mar 21, 2018
- Foreign electric cars favored in China but shakeout looms Mar 20, 2018 See more articles on SAIC Motor Corp. Ltd.
SAIC Motor is a Chinese state-owned automaker based in Shanghai. Founded in 1955, SAIC is one of China's three biggest automakers, alongside FAW and Dongfeng Motor. SAIC has established joint ventures with major Western automakers, including Volkswagen of Germany and General Motors of the U.S. In addition to producing and selling foreign brand vehicles in China, SAIC has also focused on the development of its own-brand vehicles in recent years, and has a bus and truck manufacturer under its wing.
The company set up a joint venture with Volkswagen in 1984 to produce the Santana passenger car, as part of the Chinese government's reform and opening-up policy. That was the first joint venture with foreign capital for a Chinese automaker, and played a central role in the country's increased use of automobiles.
In 1997, SAIC signed a joint-venture contract with GM to produce and sell its Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac brands. In 2002, SAIC established SAIC-GM-Wuling Automotive, a joint venture with GM, to increase SAIC's share of the market for small, cheap commercial vehicles.
SAIC released its own brand sedan, the Roewe, in 2006. Although the automaker is trying to strengthen its own-brand vehicles to break away from foreign capital, sales are still comparatively small. SAIC is also expanding overseas operations. It has established an automotive joint venture in Thailand with the Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group.
SAIC Chairman Chen Hong studied electrical engineering at Tongji University in Shanghai. Chen was sent on loan to Shanghai General Motors in 1997 to help with the establishment of the joint venture. He stayed with the company until 2003, but is said to still have strong connections with GM.
|Income before tax||25,957.46M||3,840.87M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.83||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||53,829.31M||7,965.01M|
|Currency in CNY||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||18,481.08M||17,388.15M||19,178.39M||22,737.72M||25,957.46M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.20||1.30||1.36||1.65||1.83|
|Operating cash flow||41,668.87M||46,401.68M||54,381.58M||39,899.80M||53,829.31M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||3,006.18M||2,821.97M||3,051.39M||3,422.52M||3,840.87M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.19||0.21||0.21||0.24||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||6,777.98M||7,530.66M||8,652.43M||6,005.78M||7,965.01M|
- President, Director & Deputy Party Secretary: Zhi Xin Chen
- Chief Financial Officer & Board Secretary: Yong Wei
- Head-Commercial Vehicle Technology: Xin Ping Cao
- Vice President: Lang Hui Zhou
- Vice President: Jian Wei Yu
- Shanghai State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration (71.2%)
- Nanjing State Owned Assets Supervision & Admin Commission (3.5%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd. (2.8%)
- Zhongyuan Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.5%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management) (0.8%)
- Comgest SA (0.7%)
- China Huarong Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Guangdong State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration (0.7%)
- Hebei State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admin. Commission (0.7%)
- Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. (0.7%)
- Address: No. 489, Weihai Road, Jingan District, Shanghai, 200041, China
- Phone: +86.21.2201.1888
- Saic Core Esop
- Saic Venture Capital Investment Co. Ltd.
- Anji Automotive Logistics Co. Ltd.
- SAIC Motor HK Investment Ltd.
- SAIC Capital
- Shanghai Auto Group Equity Investment Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Hong Kong Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Gear Works Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. Group /Auto Part Bus/
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. Group /New Energy Auto/
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. Group /Trade Service Bus/
- SAIC-Volkswagen Sales Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai General Dongyue Power Assembly Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Yitong Parts & Component Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Yitong Valve Board Co. Ltd.
- Saic Motor UK Holding Co. Ltd.
- Saic Motor UK Technical Centre Ltd.
- Sanden (Shanghai) Automotive Air-Conditioning Co. Ltd.
- Donghua Automotive Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Co. Ltd. /Yizheng Branch/
- Nanjing Motor Group Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Wanzhong Automotive Components Co. Ltd.
- Nanjing Automobile (Group) Corp.
- Shanghai Yizheng Automotive Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Diesel Engine Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd. Class H
- Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. Class A
- FAW Car Co., Ltd. Class A
- China Automotive Systems, Inc.
- SHW AG
- Hualing Xingma Automobile (Group) Co., Ltd. Class A
- PACCAR Inc
- AVIC Shenyang Aircraft Company Limited Class A
- Shanghai Lianming Machinery Co Ltd Class A
- KAMAZ PTC
- Hengli Industrial Development Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics ASA
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 17 Aug, 2018