SAIC Motor Corp. Ltd.
In the news
- China's AutoX raises 'tens of millions' of dollars in fundraising Jan 22, 2020
- India auto market skids to No. 5 behind Germany in 2019 Jan 11, 2020
- Mahindra to step up electric vehicle play amid India clean-energy push Jan 9, 2020
- China's SAIC and GAC seek safety in numbers as car sales fall Dec 25, 2019
- EVs not spared as China auto sales head for biggest drop ever Dec 24, 2019 See more articles on SAIC Motor Corp. Ltd.
SAIC Motor is a Chinese state-owned automaker based in Shanghai. Founded in 1955, SAIC is one of China's three biggest automakers, alongside FAW and Dongfeng Motor. SAIC has established joint ventures with major Western automakers, including Volkswagen of Germany and General Motors of the U.S. In addition to producing and selling foreign brand vehicles in China, SAIC has also focused on the development of its own-brand vehicles in recent years, and has a bus and truck manufacturer under its wing.
The company set up a joint venture with Volkswagen in 1984 to produce the Santana passenger car, as part of the Chinese government's reform and opening-up policy. That was the first joint venture with foreign capital for a Chinese automaker, and played a central role in the country's increased use of automobiles.
In 1997, SAIC signed a joint-venture contract with GM to produce and sell its Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac brands. In 2002, SAIC established SAIC-GM-Wuling Automotive, a joint venture with GM, to increase SAIC's share of the market for small, cheap commercial vehicles.
SAIC released its own brand sedan, the Roewe, in 2006. Although the automaker is trying to strengthen its own-brand vehicles to break away from foreign capital, sales are still comparatively small. SAIC is also expanding overseas operations. It has established an automotive joint venture in Thailand with the Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group.
SAIC Chairman Chen Hong studied electrical engineering at Tongji University in Shanghai. Chen was sent on loan to Shanghai General Motors in 1997 to help with the establishment of the joint venture. He stayed with the company until 2003, but is said to still have strong connections with GM.
|Income before tax||28,422.98M||4,295.44M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.26||0.19|
|Operating cash flow||42,276.44M||6,389.05M|
|Currency in CNY||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||17,388.15M||19,178.39M||22,737.72M||25,957.46M||28,422.98M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.30||1.36||1.65||1.83||1.26|
|Operating cash flow||46,401.68M||54,381.58M||39,899.80M||53,829.31M||42,276.44M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||2,821.97M||3,051.39M||3,422.52M||3,840.87M||4,295.44M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.21||0.21||0.24||0.27||0.19|
|Operating cash flow||7,530.66M||8,652.43M||6,005.78M||7,965.01M||6,389.05M|
- President, GM, Director & Deputy Party Secretary: Zhi Xin Chen
- Chief Financial Officer & Board Secretary: Yong Wei
- Head-Commercial Vehicle Technology: Xin Ping Cao
- Vice President: Lang Hui Zhou
- Vice President: Jian Wei Yu
- Shanghai State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration (71.2%)
- Nanjing State Owned Assets Supervision & Admin Commission (3.5%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd. (2.9%)
- Zhonghai Trust Co., Ltd. (0.9%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management) (0.8%)
- Hebei State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admin. Commission (0.7%)
- Guangdong State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration (0.6%)
- China Huarong Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- Comgest SA (0.5%)
- E Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.4%)
- Address: No. 489, Weihai Road, Jingan District, Shanghai, 200041, China
- Phone: +86.21.2201.1888
- STEC USA, Inc.
- Saic Motor Corp. Ltd. /Nanjing Branch/
- SAIC MAXUS Automotive Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing MG Automobile Trading Co., Ltd.
- Saic Core Esop
- Saic Venture Capital Investment Co. Ltd.
- Anji Automotive Logistics Co. Ltd.
- SAIC Motor HK Investment Ltd.
- SAIC Capital
- Shanghai Auto Group Equity Investment Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Hong Kong Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Gear Works Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. Group /Auto Part Bus/
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. Group /New Energy Auto/
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. Group /Trade Service Bus/
- SAIC-Volkswagen Sales Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai General Dongyue Power Assembly Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Yitong Parts & Component Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Yitong Valve Board Co. Ltd.
- Saic Motor UK Holding Co. Ltd.
- Saic Motor UK Technical Centre Ltd.
- Sanden (Shanghai) Automotive Air-Conditioning Co. Ltd.
- Donghua Automotive Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Automotive Co. Ltd. /Yizheng Branch/
- Nanjing Motor Group Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Wanzhong Automotive Components Co. Ltd.
- Nanjing Automobile (Group) Corp.
- HUAYU Automotive Systems Company Limited
- Shanghai Yizheng Automotive Co. Ltd.
- Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd. Class A
- Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. Class A
- China Automotive Systems, Inc.
- Hualing Xingma Automobile (Group) Co., Ltd. Class A
- PACCAR Inc
- Shanghai Lianming Machinery Co Ltd Class A
- Hengli Industrial Development Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- KAMAZ PTC
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 23 Jan, 2020