San Miguel Corp.
- 186.70 PHP
PhilippinesMay 21, 2019
Market cap (PHP)468,885.47M
Market cap (USD)8,934.55M
In the news
- Philippines to protect whistleblowers exposing price fixing Nov 11, 2018
- San Miguel Q1 profit rises 13% amid higher excise taxes May 11, 2018
- Singapore stocks gain, helped by real estate firms after private home prices jump Apr 2, 2018
- San Miguel lifts recurring profit 11%, driven by food and fuel Mar 15, 2018
- All-star Philippine conglomerates contest to upgrade 'worst' airport Mar 9, 2018 See more articles on San Miguel Corp.
San Miguel was established in 1890, during the Spanish colonial period, as a single-product brewery. It is now the Philippines' most diversified conglomerate and the largest company by consolidated revenues. The company accounts for around 7% of the Philippines' gross domestic product.
The current president, chief operating officer, and single-largest shareholder, Ramon Ang, was instrumental in the company's diversification. Under Ang, a mechanical engineering graduate, the company expanded into power generation, oil refining, energy, property development, telecommunications, infrastructure, mining and air transportation. The company plans to further expand its food and beverage businesses, and is looking at acquiring an oil and gas field abroad. It is also constructing a 14.8km elevated expressway and is set to build a 22km railway in Manila. In May 2014, Ang pitched a $10-billion airport project to President Benigno Aquino III to replace the aging Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.
However, it sold its 27% stake in power distributor Manila Electric to JG Summit Holdings for 72 billion pesos in 2013. Also in September 2014, it sold its 49% stake in Philippine Airlines for $1.36 billion back to the Lucio Tan Group.
|Income before tax||73,116M||1,387.85M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||66,667M||1,265.44M|
|Currency in PHP||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||37,161M||45,732M||57,272M||81,183M||73,116M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40|
|Operating cash flow||42,918M||69,673M||83,754M||84,846M||66,667M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||837.17M||1,004.37M||1,206.04M||1,610.30M||1,387.85M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.03||0.03||0.02||0.02||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||966.86M||1,530.16M||1,763.70M||1,682.96M||1,265.44M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Eduardo M. Cojuangco
- Vice Chairman, President & Chief Operating Officer: Ramon S. Ang
- Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer: Ferdinand K. Constantino
- Secretary, Compliance Officer & General Counsel: Virgilio S. Jacinto
- Deputy Chief Finance Officer & Senior VP: Joseph N. Pineda
- Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc. (66.1%)
- ANG RAMON S (15.5%)
- Government of the Philippines (1.1%)
- San Miguel Brewery, Inc. Retirement Plan (0.8%)
- San Miguel Corp. Retirement Plan (0.8%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.4%)
- Millennium Energy, Inc. (0.4%)
- Government Service Insurance System (0.2%)
- San Miguel Foods, Inc. Retirement Plan (0.2%)
- Phone: +63.2.632.3000
- Vertex Tollways Devt, Inc.
- Challenger Aero Air Corp.
- Zhaoqing San Miguel Glass Co., Ltd.
- SMC Global Power Corp.
- Frabelle Food Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp. Retirement Plan
- San Miguel Equity Investments, Inc.
- San Miguel Paper Packaging Corp.
- San Miguel Consolidated Power Corp.
- San Miguel Equity Securities, Inc.
- San Miguel Foods & Beverage International Ltd.
- Archen Technologies, Inc.
- SMC Global Power Holdings Corp.
- San Miguel Holdings Corp.
- Thai San Miguel Liquor Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel International Ltd.
- SMC Shipping & Lighterage Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Haiphong Glass Co., Ltd.
- San Miguel Yamamura Glass (Vietnam) Ltd.
- San Miguel (Guangdong) Ltd.
- San Miguel (Vietnam) Ltd.
- SMC Stock Transfer Service Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp.
- Sea Refinery Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Asia Corp.
- San Miguel Rengo Packaging Corp.
- Star Dari, Inc.
- Philippine Beverage Partners, Inc.
- San Miguel Beverages, Inc.
- SMITS, Inc.
- Universal Robina Corp.
- LT Group, Inc.
- Marubeni Corporation
- Unilever NV Cert. of shs
- Century Pacific Food, Inc.
- RFM Corp.
- J.M. Smucker Company
- Hormel Foods Corporation
- Nestle S.A.
- New Hope Liuhe Co., Ltd. Class A
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Class A
- Lopez Holdings Corporation
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc.
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Mondelez International, Inc. Class A
- Beijing Yanjing Brewery Co., Ltd. Class A
- Diageo plc
- Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Incorporated
- Ayala Land Inc.
- Vista Land & Lifescapes, Inc.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- Emperador Inc.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation
- Robinsons Land Corp.
- Coca-Cola Company
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- China Resources Beer (Holdings) Co. Ltd.
- Heineken Holding N.V.
- Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp.
- Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd. Class H
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 21 May, 2019