San Miguel Corp.
In the news
- Manila's $2bn airport expansion pitch stalled by aviation shakeup Jul 8, 2020
- San Miguel chief and Marcos ally Eduardo Cojuangco dies aged 85 Jun 17, 2020
- Southeast Asia's shift to renewables a blow to Japan's plant builders May 16, 2020
- Distillers cash in on surging demand for hand sanitizer Mar 30, 2020
- Philippine mobile leader plays down China Telecom's targets Jan 23, 2020 See more articles on San Miguel Corp.
San Miguel was established in 1890, during the Spanish colonial period, as a single-product brewery. It is now the Philippines' most diversified conglomerate and the largest company by consolidated revenues. The company accounts for around 7% of the Philippines' gross domestic product.
The current president, chief operating officer, and single-largest shareholder, Ramon Ang, was instrumental in the company's diversification. Under Ang, a mechanical engineering graduate, the company expanded into power generation, oil refining, energy, property development, telecommunications, infrastructure, mining and air transportation. The company plans to further expand its food and beverage businesses, and is looking at acquiring an oil and gas field abroad. It is also constructing a 14.8km elevated expressway and is set to build a 22km railway in Manila. In May 2014, Ang pitched a $10-billion airport project to President Benigno Aquino III to replace the aging Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.
However, it sold its 27% stake in power distributor Manila Electric to JG Summit Holdings for 72 billion pesos in 2013. Also in September 2014, it sold its 49% stake in Philippine Airlines for $1.36 billion back to the Lucio Tan Group.
|Income before tax||64,912M||1,316.81M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||56,125M||1,138.56M|
|Currency in PHP||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||81,183M||73,116M||76,982M||36,993M||64,912M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40|
|Operating cash flow||84,846M||66,667M||104,630M||58,600M||56,125M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||1,610.30M||1,387.85M||1,486.70M||745.81M||1,316.81M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.02||0.02||0.02||0.02||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||1,682.96M||1,265.44M||2,020.64M||1,181.43M||1,138.56M|
- Vice Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer: Ramon S. Ang
- CFO, Treasurer & Corporate Information Officer: Ferdinand K. Constantino
- Secretary, Compliance Officer & General Counsel: Virgilio S. Jacinto
- Senior Vice President & Head-Treasury: Joseph N. Pineda
- Director & Senior Vice President: Aurora T. Calderon
- Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc. (65.1%)
- ANG RAMON S (15.7%)
- Government of the Philippines (1.1%)
- Petron Corp. (0.5%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.4%)
- Millennium Energy, Inc. (0.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.4%)
- Estate Of Sy Henry Sr (0.1%)
- Estate Of Cojuangco Eduardo M Jr (0.1%)
- Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. (0.0%)
- Phone: +63.2.632.3000
- One Verdana Holdings, Inc.
- World Summit Holdings Corp.
- Fonterra Verde Holdings, Inc.
- SMC Equivest Corp.
- Mindanao Corrugated Fireboard, Inc.
- Davana Heights Development Corp.
- SMC Infra Resources, Inc.
- Smc Naiax Corp.
- Smc Tplex Corp.
- Smc Tollways Corp.
- San Miguel Integrated Logistics Services, Inc.
- San Miguel Infrastructure Corp.
- SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp.
- San Miguel Thailand Co. , Ltd.
- Agusan Petroleum & Minerals Corp.
- Central Luzon Premiere Power Corp.
- San Miguel Bulk Water Co., Inc.
- Vertex Tollways Devt, Inc.
- Challenger Aero Air Corp.
- Deity Holdings Corp.
- Zhaoqing San Miguel Glass Co., Ltd.
- Silvertides Holdings Corp.
- SMC Global Power Corp.
- Frabelle Food Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp. Retirement Plan
- San Miguel Equity Investments, Inc.
- San Miguel Paper Packaging Corp.
- San Miguel Consolidated Power Corp.
- San Miguel Equity Securities, Inc.
- San Miguel Foods & Beverage International Ltd.
- Universal Robina Corp.
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc.
- LT Group, Inc.
- Unilever PLC
- Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Co. Ltd.
- Nestle S.A.
- RFM Corp.
- Century Pacific Food, Inc.
- Shanghai Maling Aquarius Co. Ltd. Class A
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Class A
- Lopez Holdings Corporation
- Shell Plc
- Mondelez International, Inc. Class A
- PT Mayora Indah Tbk
- Chevron Corporation
- Coca-Cola Company
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Beijing Yanjing Brewery Co., Ltd. Class A
- Diageo plc
- Carlsberg AS Class B
- Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp.
- Ayala Land Inc.
- PT Multi Bintang Indonesia Tbk
- Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd. Class H
- Shang Properties, Inc.
- Rockwell Land Corp.
- Robinsons Land Corp.
- Cosco Capital, Inc.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- China Resources Beer (Holdings) Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 23 Sep, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.