San Miguel Corp.
In the news
- Manila's $2bn airport expansion pitch stalled by aviation shakeup Jul 8, 2020
- San Miguel chief and Marcos ally Eduardo Cojuangco dies aged 85 Jun 17, 2020
- Southeast Asia's shift to renewables a blow to Japan's plant builders May 16, 2020
- Distillers cash in on surging demand for hand sanitizer Mar 30, 2020
- Philippine mobile leader plays down China Telecom's targets Jan 23, 2020 See more articles on San Miguel Corp.
San Miguel was established in 1890, during the Spanish colonial period, as a single-product brewery. It is now the Philippines' most diversified conglomerate and the largest company by consolidated revenues. The company accounts for around 7% of the Philippines' gross domestic product.
The current president, chief operating officer, and single-largest shareholder, Ramon Ang, was instrumental in the company's diversification. Under Ang, a mechanical engineering graduate, the company expanded into power generation, oil refining, energy, property development, telecommunications, infrastructure, mining and air transportation. The company plans to further expand its food and beverage businesses, and is looking at acquiring an oil and gas field abroad. It is also constructing a 14.8km elevated expressway and is set to build a 22km railway in Manila. In May 2014, Ang pitched a $10-billion airport project to President Benigno Aquino III to replace the aging Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.
However, it sold its 27% stake in power distributor Manila Electric to JG Summit Holdings for 72 billion pesos in 2013. Also in September 2014, it sold its 49% stake in Philippine Airlines for $1.36 billion back to the Lucio Tan Group.
|Income before tax||36,993M||745.81M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||58,600M||1,181.43M|
|Currency in PHP||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||57,272M||81,183M||73,116M||76,982M||36,993M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40|
|Operating cash flow||83,754M||84,846M||66,667M||104,630M||58,600M|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||1,206.04M||1,610.30M||1,387.85M||1,486.70M||745.81M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.02||0.02||0.02||0.02||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||1,763.70M||1,682.96M||1,265.44M||2,020.64M||1,181.43M|
- Vice Chairman, President & Chief Operating Officer: Ramon S. Ang
- Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer: Ferdinand K. Constantino
- Secretary, Compliance Officer & General Counsel: Virgilio S. Jacinto
- Deputy Chief Finance Officer & Senior VP: Joseph N. Pineda
- Director & Senior Vice President: Aurora T. Calderon
- Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc. (66.1%)
- ANG RAMON S (15.5%)
- Government of the Philippines (1.1%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.4%)
- Millennium Energy, Inc. (0.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.4%)
- Estate Of Sy Henry Sr (0.1%)
- Aviva Investors Global Services Ltd. (0.1%)
- Estate Of Cojuangco Eduardo M Jr (0.1%)
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (0.0%)
- Phone: +63.2.632.3000
- San Miguel Infrastructure Corp.
- San Miguel Thailand Co. , Ltd.
- Agusan Petroleum & Minerals Corp.
- Central Luzon Premiere Power Corp.
- San Miguel Bulk Water Co., Inc.
- Vertex Tollways Devt, Inc.
- Challenger Aero Air Corp.
- Zhaoqing San Miguel Glass Co., Ltd.
- SMC Global Power Corp.
- Frabelle Food Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp. Retirement Plan
- San Miguel Equity Investments, Inc.
- San Miguel Paper Packaging Corp.
- Petron Oil (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- San Miguel Consolidated Power Corp.
- San Miguel Equity Securities, Inc.
- San Miguel Foods & Beverage International Ltd.
- Archen Technologies, Inc.
- SMC Global Power Holdings Corp.
- San Miguel Holdings Corp.
- Thai San Miguel Liquor Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel International Ltd.
- SMC Shipping & Lighterage Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Haiphong Glass Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel Yamamura Glass (Vietnam) Ltd.
- San Miguel (Guangdong) Ltd.
- San Miguel (Vietnam) Ltd.
- SMC Stock Transfer Service Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp.
- Sea Refinery Corp.
- Universal Robina Corp.
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc.
- LT Group, Inc.
- Unilever PLC
- Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Co. Ltd.
- Nestle S.A.
- Shanghai Maling Aquarius Co. Ltd. Class A
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc Class A
- RFM Corp.
- Century Pacific Food, Inc.
- Lopez Holdings Corporation
- Chevron Corporation
- Mondelez International, Inc. Class A
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Class A
- Beijing Yanjing Brewery Co., Ltd. Class A
- Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp.
- PT Mayora Indah Tbk
- Coca-Cola Company
- Ayala Land Inc.
- Carlsberg A/S Class B
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd. Class H
- Diageo plc
- Rockwell Land Corp.
- Shang Properties, Inc.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- Robinsons Land Corp.
- Cosco Capital, Inc.
- China Resources Beer (Holdings) Co. Ltd.
- GT Capital Holdings, Inc.
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 12 May, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.