Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
San Miguel Corp.
- 146.00 PHP
PhilippinesAug 17, 2018
Market cap (PHP)378,368M
Market cap (USD)7,084.22M
In the news
- San Miguel Q1 profit rises 13% amid higher excise taxes May 11, 2018
- Singapore stocks gain, helped by real estate firms after private home prices jump Apr 2, 2018
- San Miguel lifts recurring profit 11%, driven by food and fuel Mar 15, 2018
- All-star Philippine conglomerates contest to upgrade 'worst' airport Mar 9, 2018
- Philippines raises threshold for M&A review Mar 5, 2018 See more articles on San Miguel Corp.
San Miguel was established in 1890, during the Spanish colonial period, as a single-product brewery. It is now the Philippines' most diversified conglomerate and the largest company by consolidated revenues. The company accounts for around 7% of the Philippines' gross domestic product.
The current president, chief operating officer, and single-largest shareholder, Ramon Ang, was instrumental in the company's diversification. Under Ang, a mechanical engineering graduate, the company expanded into power generation, oil refining, energy, property development, telecommunications, infrastructure, mining and air transportation. The company plans to further expand its food and beverage businesses, and is looking at acquiring an oil and gas field abroad. It is also constructing a 14.8km elevated expressway and is set to build a 22km railway in Manila. In May 2014, Ang pitched a $10-billion airport project to President Benigno Aquino III to replace the aging Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.
However, it sold its 27% stake in power distributor Manila Electric to JG Summit Holdings for 72 billion pesos in 2013. Also in September 2014, it sold its 49% stake in Philippine Airlines for $1.36 billion back to the Lucio Tan Group.
|Income before tax||81,183M||1,610.30M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||84,846M||1,682.96M|
|Currency in PHP||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||55,395M||37,161M||45,732M||57,272M||81,183M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40||1.40|
|Operating cash flow||68,067M||42,918M||69,673M||83,754M||84,846M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||1,304.34M||837.17M||1,004.37M||1,206.04M||1,610.30M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.03||0.03||0.03||0.02||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||1,602.72M||966.86M||1,530.16M||1,763.70M||1,682.96M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Eduardo M. Cojuangco
- Vice Chairman, President & Chief Operating Officer: Ramon S. Ang
- Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer: Ferdinand K. Constantino
- Secretary, Compliance Officer & General Counsel: Virgilio S. Jacinto
- Deputy Chief Finance Officer & Senior VP: Joseph N. Pineda
- Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc. (66.1%)
- ANG RAMON S (15.5%)
- Government of the Philippines (1.1%)
- San Miguel Corp. Retirement Plan (0.8%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.5%)
- Millennium Energy, Inc. (0.4%)
- COJUANGCO EDUARDO M JR (0.1%)
- SY HENRY SR (0.1%)
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (0.0%)
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC (0.0%)
- Phone: +63.2.632.3000
- Zhaoqing San Miguel Glass Co., Ltd.
- SMC Global Power Corp.
- Frabelle Food Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp. Retirement Plan
- San Miguel Equity Investments, Inc.
- San Miguel Paper Packaging Corp.
- San Miguel Equity Securities, Inc.
- San Miguel Foods & Beverage International Ltd.
- Archen Technologies, Inc.
- SMC Global Power Holdings Corp.
- San Miguel Holdings Corp.
- Thai San Miguel Liquor Co. Ltd.
- SMC Shipping & Lighterage Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Haiphong Glass Co., Ltd.
- San Miguel Yamamura Glass (Vietnam) Ltd.
- San Miguel (Guangdong) Ltd.
- San Miguel (Vietnam) Ltd.
- SMC Stock Transfer Service Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corp.
- Sea Refinery Corp.
- San Miguel Yamamura Asia Corp.
- San Miguel Rengo Packaging Corp.
- Star Dari, Inc.
- Philippine Beverage Partners, Inc.
- San Miguel Beverages, Inc.
- SMITS, Inc.
- Shipping & Lighterage Corp.
- Monterey Foods Corp.
- Anchor Insurance Brokerage Corp.
- San Miguel Packing International Ltd.
- Universal Robina Corp.
- Asahi Group Holdings,Ltd.
- RFM Corp.
- LT Group, Inc.
- Unilever NV Cert. of shs
- Unilever PLC
- Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Co. Ltd.
- Marubeni Corporation
- Century Pacific Food, Inc.
- J.M. Smucker Company
- Nestle S.A.
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc.
- Mondelez International, Inc. Class A
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Beijing Yanjing Brewery Co., Ltd. Class A
- Lopez Holdings Corporation
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Pepsi Cola Products Philippines, Inc.
- Carlsberg A/S Class B
- Ayala Land Inc.
- Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Incorporated
- Vista Land & Lifescapes, Inc.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- Diageo plc
- Megaworld Corp.
- Rockwell Land Corp.
- Robinsons Land Corp.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation
- Filinvest Development Corporation
- AES Corporation
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 17 Aug, 2018