Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd.
- 44,150.00 KRW
South KoreaJun 21, 2018
Market cap (KRW)20,769.94B
Market cap (USD)18,670.44M
In the news
- Top three South Korean banking groups post robust 3Q profits Oct 30, 2017
- Nikkei Asia300 Index little changed as Fed, North Korea fears weigh on sentiment Sep 27, 2017
- Asian shares retreat, yen climbs as North Korea fires missile over Japan Aug 29, 2017
- Nikkei Asia300 index edges higher for week as technology stocks advance Jul 21, 2017
- South Korean bank adding forex to Japanese mobile repertoire Jul 20, 2017 See more articles on Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd.
Shinhan Financial Group is a South Korean financial holding company engaged in the management of subsidiaries, including commercial banking unit Shinhan Bank, regional bank Jeju Bank, credit card company Shinhan Card, securities unit Shinhan Investment and Shinhan Life Insurance. Shinhan Financial, one of the country's four biggest financial groups, has a capital and business tie-up with French bank BNP Paribas, a major shareholder of the Korean group.
Shinhan Bank was founded in 1982 with capital from Korean residents in Japan. In 2001, it formed a holding company, Shinhan Financial Group. The group has expanded by acquiring Chohung Bank; LG Card, the predecessor of Shinhan Card; and other financial entities. It now has total assets of over 300 trillion won on a consolidated basis.
In 2001, Shinhan Financial signed a comprehensive partnership agreement with BNP Paribas, under which the two companies set up a joint venture on asset management in South Korea. The group is also strengthening its overseas presence, bolstering its operating bases in Japan, the U.S. and European countries as well as in China, Vietnam and Kazakhstan -- regions in which South Korean companies are operating.
Shinhan Financial has had the largest market capitalization among South Korean financial holding companies for many years and has a reputation as a financially healthy company with solid growth potential. Although South Korea's banking industry is often affected by government policy, it is widely believed that the group's management remains relatively immune from such influence.
|Income before tax||3,796.25B||3,358.00M|
|Dividends Per Share||1,450||1.28|
|Operating cash flow||11,465.38B||10,141.77M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||2,674.84B||2,836.99B||3,119.60B||3,160.47B||3,796.25B|
|Dividends Per Share||650||950||1,200||1,450||1,450|
|Operating cash flow||3,362.36B||5,825.06B||4,969.69B||-873,701M||11,465.38B|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||2,443.31M||2,695.07M||2,756.31M||2,724.10M||3,358.00M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.59||0.90||1.06||1.24||1.28|
|Operating cash flow||3,071.31M||5,533.67M||4,390.95M||-753.06M||10,141.77M|
- Co-Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Yong-Byoung Cho
- Managing Director & Compliance Officer: Woo-Gyun Park
- Vice President: Young-Jin Lim
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.5%)
- Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd. ESOA (4.7%)
- BNP Paribas SA (3.5%)
- Government of Singapore (2.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.0%)
- Lazard Asset Management LLC (1.6%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP (1.6%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.3%)
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (1.2%)
- Address: 20 Sejong-daero 9-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, 04513, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.6360.3000
- Shinhan Serveone 1 Co., Ltd.
- Shinhan Future's Lab Co. Ltd.
- Shinhan Card 2017-3 Asset Securitisation Specialty Co Ltd.
- Shinhan Bank Co. Ltd. (Sydney Branch)
- Banco Shinhan de Mexico SA
- Shinhan Bank Co. Ltd. (United Arab Emirates)
- Shinhan Bank Kazakhstan JSC
- Shinhan Bank India
- Shinhan Bank Canada
- Shinhan Bank (China) Ltd.
- Shinhan Mortgage First International Ltd.
- Shinhan Mortgage Second International Ltd.
- Shinhan Investment Asia Ltd.
- Shinhan Savings Bank
- Shinhan Bank Europe GmbH
- Shinhan Financial Investment Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Shinhan Frontier 8th Asset Securitization Specialty Co
- Work & Joy 2007-1 ABS Specialty Co. Ltd.
- Work & Joy 2004-1 ABS Specialty Co., Ltd.
- Shinhan Mortgate 2st Securitization Specialty LLC
- Shinhan Mortgage 1st Securitization Specialty LLC
- Shinhan Card 2008 Trust
- Shinhan 8th Securitization Specialty LLC
- Neo DWC ABS Specialty Co., Ltd.
- Neo DWC 3rd ABS Specialty
- Neo DWC 2nd ABS Specialty Co., Ltd.
- KAMCO Value Recreation 6th Securitization Specialty LLC
- I- Clover ABS Specialty Co., Ltd.
- Han-il U&I Abs Specialty Co., Ltd.
- Good Invest 2nd Securitization Specialty Co., Ltd.
- Citigroup Inc.
- Industrial Bank Of Korea
- Standard Chartered PLC
- Kakao Corp.
- NAVER Corp.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Eugene Investment & Securities Co., Ltd.
- OP Bancorp
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 21 Jun, 2018