Sojitz Corp. engages in the business of chemical products, energy, machinery, mining, and international trading services. Its operations are carried out through the following segments: Automobile, Aviation Industry and Information, Environment and Business Infrastructure, Energy, Coal and Metals, Chemicals, Food and Agribusiness, Retail and Lifestyle Business, Industrial Infrastructure and Urban Development, and Others. The Automobile segment handles the export, retail and wholesale of cars, manufacturing and sale of field assembly, sells tires, two wheels and four wheels parts, and provides parts inspection. The Aviation Industry and Information segment deals with aviation, ship and information businesses. The Environment and Business Infrastructure segment handles the environment infrastructure, power projects, plant projects, traffic and society infrastructures, industrial machineries, bearings, and medical infrastructure businesses. The Energy segment provides petroleum, gas, petroleum products, LNG, nuclear fuel, nuclear power-related facilities and equipment, offshore oil production facilities and equipment, and LNG-related businesses. The Coal and Metal segment includes coal, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, industrial minerals, and steel products. The Chemicals segment engages in the import and sale of rare earths, lithium compounds, industrial salt, solvent, thinners, plastic resin, electronic materials, cellulose, and cosmetics. The Food and Agribusiness segment manufactures cereals, wheat flour, oils and fats, feeds, fishery produce, processed fish products, confectionary raw materials, coffee beans, sugar, and chemical fertilizers. The Retail and Lifestyle Business segment includes clothing raw materials, construction materials, house building materials, various fresh and frozen food products, interior, beddings and other home fashion-related products, and child care products. The Industrial Infrastructure and Urban Development segment manages, leases, invests on overseas industrial parks and various real estate properties. The Others segment comprises of functional services, domestic and regional corporations, logistics and insurance services. The company was founded on April 1, 2003 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||79,327M||705.92M|
|Dividends Per Share||106||0.94|
|Operating cash flow||65,084M||579.17M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021||Mar 2022|
|Income before tax||80,343M||94,882M||75,528M||22,634M||79,327M|
|Dividends Per Share||55||85||85||50||106|
|Operating cash flow||98,812M||96,476M||40,510M||84,972M||65,084M|
|Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021||Mar 2022|
|Income before tax||724.90M||855.60M||694.66M||213.41M||705.92M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.49||0.76||0.78||0.47||0.94|
|Operating cash flow||891.54M||869.97M||372.58M||801.18M||579.17M|
- President, CEO & Representative Director: Masayoshi Fujimoto
- CFO, Representative Director, Head-IR & Accounting: Seiichi Tanaka
- GM-Personnel & Information Technology Operations: Masaaki Kushibiki
- Representative Director & Executive Vice President: Ryutaro Hirai
- Executive Officer, GM-Retail & Lifestyle Business: Naoki Yokoyama
- Ichigo Asset Management International Pte Ltd. (9.8%)
- Sojitz Corp. (7.3%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (4.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.5%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.4%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.8%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Kokusai Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Address: Iino Building, 2-1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho, Tokyo, 100-8691, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.6871.5000
- Sojitz Auto Group Tokyo KK
- Sojitz Retail Management Sdn. Bhd.
- Sojitz Automotive Group (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Sojitz G Auto Philippines Corp.
- Sojitz Fuso Philippines Corp.
- Sojitz Birdsboro LLC
- Intercontinental Comercio de Veiculos SA
- Import Motors II, Inc.
- SOFCO Seafoods, Inc.
- Sojitz Technoplas Corp.
- Vermitech Corp.
- Sojitz Mirai Power Corp.
- Mirai Power (Tsu Hakusan) Corp.
- Mirai Power (Shari Koshimizu) Corp.
- Mirai Power Forest Energy Tomakomai Co. Ltd.
- Sojitz Auto Group Tokai Corp.
- Sojitz Auto Group Japan, Inc.
- K Access Corp.
- Sojitz Mobility KK
- Mill Valley Motors, Inc.
- Sojitz Global Investment BV
- Sojitz Rare Earths Investment BV
- Autoholding RRT LLC
- Fukuoka Energy Communication
- Phenix Jet Cayman SEZC
- Phenix Jet International LLC
- Sojitz Institute of Innovative Technologies Ltd.
- e-Energy Corp. (Japan)
- Sojitz Generation DMCC
- Sojitz Kleen LLC
- DONGSUNG CHEMICAL Co., Ltd.
- Strategic Metals Ltd.
- DONGSUNG FINETEC Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2023 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 30 Mar, 2023
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.