In the news
- Nagasaki's old Christian sanctuary to welcome high-end hotel Nov 17, 2019
- Taiwan wind farm gives Japan foothold in Asia's green power game Nov 13, 2019
- Singapore's Yoma increases stake in Myanmar's Wave Money Nov 13, 2019
- Beyond repair? New Nissan CEO has bigger problems than Ghosn Oct 16, 2019
- After tug-of-war with Renault, Nissan holds firm on Japanese CEO Oct 9, 2019 See more articles on Sojitz Corp.
Sojitz Corp. engages in the business of chemical products, energy, machinery, mining, and international trading services. Its operations are carried out through the following segments: Automobile, Aviation Industry and Information, Environment and Business Infrastructure, Energy, Coal and Metals, Chemicals, Food and Agribusiness, Retail and Lifestyle Business, Industrial Infrastructure and Urban Development, and Others. The Automobile segment handles the export, retail and wholesale of cars, manufacturing and sale of field assembly, sells tires, two wheels and four wheels parts, and provides parts inspection. The Aviation Industry and Information segment deals with aviation, ship and information businesses. The Environment and Business Infrastructure segment handles the environment infrastructure, power projects, plant projects, traffic and society infrastructures, industrial machineries, bearings, and medical infrastructure businesses. The Energy segment provides petroleum, gas, petroleum products, LNG, nuclear fuel, nuclear power-related facilities and equipment, offshore oil production facilities and equipment, and LNG-related businesses. The Coal and Metal segment includes coal, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, industrial minerals, and steel products. The Chemicals segment engages in the import and sale of rare earths, lithium compounds, industrial salt, solvent, thinners, plastic resin, electronic materials, cellulose, and cosmetics. The Food and Agribusiness segment manufactures cereals, wheat flour, oils and fats, feeds, fishery produce, processed fish products, confectionary raw materials, coffee beans, sugar, and chemical fertilizers. The Retail and Lifestyle Business segment includes clothing raw materials, construction materials, house building materials, various fresh and frozen food products, interior, beddings and other home fashion-related products, and child care products. The Industrial Infrastructure and Urban Development segment manages, leases, invests on overseas industrial parks and various real estate properties. The Others segment comprises of functional services, domestic and regional corporations, logistics and insurance services. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||94,882M||855.60M|
|Dividends Per Share||17||0.15|
|Operating cash flow||96,476M||869.97M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||52,584M||44,269M||57,955M||80,343M||94,882M|
|Dividends Per Share||6||8||8||11||17|
|Operating cash flow||39,110M||99,939M||857M||98,812M||96,476M|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||478.66M||368.64M||535.19M||724.90M||855.60M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.05||0.06||0.07||0.09||0.15|
|Operating cash flow||356.00M||832.24M||7.91M||891.54M||869.97M|
- President, CEO & Representative Director: Masayoshi Fujimoto
- CFO, Representative Director, Head-IR & Finance: Seiichi Tanaka
- Representative Director & Chief Compliance Officer: Shigeru Nishihara
- Executive Officer & Manager-Investment Management: Naoki Yokoyama
- Executive Officer: Satoru Takahama
- Ichigo Asset Management International Pte Ltd. (9.8%)
- Asset Management One Co., Ltd. (3.7%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.6%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (2.1%)
- Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co. LLC (1.3%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.1%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.0%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.7%)
- Address: Iino Building, 2-1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho, Tokyo, 100-8691, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.6871.5000
- Sojitz Kelanitissa Pvt Ltd.
- Mirai Power Europe Ltd.
- Bravo Synergy Pte Ltd.
- Sojitz Board Incentive Plan
- Autrans India Pvt Ltd.
- My Vegetable Corp.
- Mirai Power (Kamikita Rokkasho) Corp.
- Sojitz Tuna Farm Takashima Co., Ltd.
- Sojitz Regasificadora S.L.U.
- Zibo Huamian Garment Co., Ltd.
- Sojitz Energy Development Ltd.
- Minera Sojitz De Los Andes SpA
- Alten RE Developments America BV
- Sojitz New Urban Development Corp.
- CHR Emerald Pty Ltd.
- Sojitz Research Institute Ltd.
- Sojitz Shared Service Corp.
- SJ Aviation Capital Pte Ltd.
- Top Car Veiculos SA
- Blue Horizon Power International Ltd.
- Beijing Taizhi Consulting Co. Ltd.
- Long Binh Industrial Zone Development LLC
- Vietnam-Japan Chip Cai Lan Corp. Ltd.
- Hubei Qianchao Precision Components Co. Ltd.
- Sojitz de Puerto Rico Corp.
- Sojitz Philippines Trading, Inc.
- Sojitz Philippines Corp.
- Sojitz Agro Corp.
- Autrans de Venezuela CA
- Sojitz New Zealand Ltd.
- Russel Metals Inc.
- YeaRimDang Publishing Co., Ltd.
- BCI Minerals Ltd
- T'way Holdings, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 6 Dec, 2019