In the news
- Sony unit buys AT&T's stake in Game Show Network for $380m Nov 19, 2019
- Thriving in a trade war: Japan's Murata finds a way Nov 15, 2019
- Bollywood beckons Sony to open AI research labs in India Nov 15, 2019
- Beyond 5G: Sony, NTT and Intel to form 6G partnership Oct 31, 2019
- Sony's new plant signals departure from 'asset-light' strategy Oct 30, 2019 See more articles on Sony Corp.
Sony Corp. engages in the development, design, manufacture, and sale of electronic equipment, instruments, devices, game consoles, and software for consumers, professionals and industrial markets. It operates through the following segments: Game and Network Services, Music, Pictures, Home Entertainment and Sound, Imaging Products and Solutions, Mobile Communications, Semiconductors, Financial Services, and All Others. The Game and Network Services segment deals with gaming machines, software and network services. The Music segment produces and publishes music and provides image media platforms. The Pictures segment handles film production, television program creation, and media networks. The Home Entertainment and Sound segment offers LCD televisions, home audio, Blu-ray Disc players and recorders, and memory-based portable audio devices. The Imaging Products and Solutions segment provides digital imaging products, professional solutions, and medical goods. The Mobile Communications segment deals with mobile phones and internet services businesses. The Semiconductors segment provides image sensors and camera modules. The Financial Services segment manages the life insurance and non-life insurance operations and banking business. The All Other segment includes personal computer (PC) business, overseas Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD manufacturing, and battery business. The company was founded by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuka on May 7, 1946 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||1,011.64B||9,122.60M|
|Dividends Per Share||35||0.31|
|Operating cash flow||1,322.77B||11,928.18M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||39,729M||304,504M||251,619M||699,049M||1,011.64B|
|Dividends Per Share||0||20||20||27.50||35|
|Operating cash flow||806,205M||856,522M||890,718M||1,344.76B||1,322.77B|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||361.64M||2,535.75M||2,323.61M||6,307.26M||9,122.60M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0.16||0.18||0.24||0.31|
|Operating cash flow||7,338.71M||7,132.67M||8,225.49M||12,133.35M||11,928.18M|
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Kenichiro Yoshida
- Chief Financial Officer & Director: Hiroki Totoki
- Senior Managing Executive Officer, Head-R&D: Toru Katsumoto
- Chief Information Officer & Executive Officer: Makoto Toyoda
- Senior General Manager-Legal Affairs & Compliance: Natsuko Takei
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.6%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.5%)
- Sony Corp. (3.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.6%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.1%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.4%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors) (1.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.3%)
- Address: 1-7-1 Konan, Minato-Ku, Tokyo, 108-0075, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.6748.2111
- Ministry of Sound Recordings Ltd.
- Maidmetal Ltd.
- LBP Strike Back 6 Ltd.
- LBP The Halcyon Ltd.
- LBP DCI Ltd.
- LBP Book of Strange New Things Ltd.
- LBP Outlander Series 2 Ltd.
- Waveland Pictures Ltd.
- LBP (The Crown) Ltd.
- LBP Outlander Series 3 Ltd.
- Century Media Records Ltd.
- Sony Music Entertainment Asia Inc
- IMM Internet Media Mexico S de RL de CV
- Sony Real Estate Corp.
- Sony Restricted Stock Compensation Plan
- Sony Imaging Products & Solutions, Inc.
- Sony Europe Ltd. (Macedonia)
- Sony Pictures Television International Latin America
- Sony Pictures Television (Canada)
- Sony Music Entertainment China Holdings Ltd.
- Sony Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp.
- Sony Olympus Medical Solutions, Inc.
- Sony Global Education, Inc.
- Sony Music Entertainment AS
- Sony Global Treasury Services New York, Inc.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment, Inc. /Japan/
- Sony Pictures Television Distribution Italia SRL
- Sony Pictures Television International Deutschland GmbH
- Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corp.
- Sony Video & Sound Products, Inc.
- Canon Inc.
- Logitech International S.A.
- Technicolor SA
- VOXX International Corporation Class A
- Dreamus Company
- Bigben Interactive SA
- Microsoft Corporation
- Primax Electronics Ltd.
- HF Co. SA
- Skyworth Group Limited
- Entertainment One Ltd.
- CBS Corporation Class B
- HTC Corporation
- PT MNC Investama Tbk
- Sonos, Inc.
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- Kopin Corporation
- Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Archos SA
- CJ Corporation
- CJ ENM Co., Ltd.
- Roku, Inc. Class A
- Guillemot Corp. SA
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Universal Electronics Inc.
- Comcast Corporation Class A
- Eros International Media Limited
- GoPro, Inc. Class A
- Gravity Co Ltd Sponsored ADR
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 22 Nov, 2019