- 5,478.00 JPY
JapanMay 23, 2019
Market cap (JPY)6,821.56B
Market cap (USD)61,834.30M
In the news
- Japan stock buybacks surge as ample cash is put to work May 23, 2019
- Sony focuses on cash flow to fund image chips and games May 22, 2019
- US and Japan rethink supply chains as trade war widens May 20, 2019
- Sony greenlights 2nd stock buyback this year, totaling $2.7bn May 17, 2019
- Sony and Microsoft set rivalry aside for cloud gaming alliance May 17, 2019 See more articles on Sony Corp.
Sony Corp. engages in the development, design, manufacture, and sale of electronic equipment, instruments, devices, game consoles, and software for consumers, professionals and industrial markets. It operates through the following segments: Game and Network Services, Music, Pictures, Home Entertainment and Sound, Imaging Products and Solutions, Mobile Communications, Semiconductors, Financial Services, and All Others. The Game and Network Services segment deals with gaming machines, software and network services. The Music segment produces and publishes music and provides image media platforms. The Pictures segment handles film production, television program creation, and media networks. The Home Entertainment and Sound segment offers LCD televisions, home audio, Blu-ray Disc players and recorders, and memory-based portable audio devices. The Imaging Products and Solutions segment provides digital imaging products, professional solutions, and medical goods. The Mobile Communications segment deals with mobile phones and internet services businesses. The Semiconductors segment provides image sensors and camera modules. The Financial Services segment manages the life insurance and non-life insurance operations and banking business. The All Other segment includes personal computer (PC) business, overseas Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD manufacturing, and battery business. The company was founded by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuka on May 7, 1946 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||1,011.64B||9,122.60M|
|Dividends Per Share||35||0.31|
|Operating cash flow||1,322.77B||11,928.18M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||39,729M||304,504M||251,619M||699,049M||1,011.64B|
|Dividends Per Share||0||20||20||27.50||35|
|Operating cash flow||806,205M||856,522M||890,718M||1,344.76B||1,322.77B|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||361.64M||2,535.75M||2,323.61M||6,307.26M||9,122.60M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0.16||0.18||0.24||0.31|
|Operating cash flow||7,338.71M||7,132.67M||8,225.49M||12,133.35M||11,928.18M|
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Kenichiro Yoshida
- Chief Financial Officer: Hiroki Totoki
- Senior General Manager-Legal Affairs & Compliance: Natsuko Takei
- Executive Officer: Hiroshi Kawano
- Executive Officer: Hideyuki Furumi
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.3%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.5%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors) (2.5%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.1%)
- Sony Corp. (1.6%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.3%)
- Mitsubishi UFJ Kokusai Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Address: 1-7-1 Konan, Minato-Ku, Tokyo, 108-0075, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.6748.2111
- Sony Corp. /Electronic Medication Notebook Service Bus/
- Sony Music Entertainment Asia Inc
- IMM Internet Media Mexico S de RL de CV
- Sony Real Estate Corp.
- Sony Restricted Stock Compensation Plan
- Sony Imaging Products & Solutions, Inc.
- Sony Europe Ltd. (Macedonia)
- Sony Pictures Television International Latin America
- Sony Pictures Television (Canada)
- Sony Music Entertainment China Holdings Ltd.
- Sony Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp.
- Sony Olympus Medical Solutions, Inc.
- Sony Global Education, Inc.
- Sony Music Entertainment AS
- Sony Global Treasury Services New York, Inc.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment, Inc. /Japan/
- Sony Pictures Television Distribution Italia SRL
- Sony Pictures Television International Deutschland GmbH
- Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corp.
- Sony Video & Sound Products, Inc.
- Sony Visual Products, Inc.
- Nile Acquisition LLC
- Sony Electronics (Shenzhen) Ltd.
- Left Bank Pictures (Television) Ltd.
- Toshiba Corp. /Image Sensor Business/
- SCEA Trading Latin America LLC
- Sony Vietnam Ltd.
- CJSC Sony Electronics
- Sony (China) Ltd.
- Sony International (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- VOXX International Corporation Class A
- Technicolor SA
- Canon Inc.
- Bigben Interactive SA
- Microsoft Corporation
- Logitech International S.A.
- HF Co. SA
- Entertainment One Ltd.
- Skyworth Digital Holdings Limited
- CBS Corporation Class B
- Sonos, Inc.
- Olympus Corp.
- Capcom Co., Ltd.
- GoPro, Inc. Class A
- Guillemot Corp. SA
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Universal Electronics Inc.
- Archos SA
- Comcast Corporation Class A
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- Roku, Inc. Class A
- Eros International Media Limited
- Gravity Co Ltd Sponsored ADR
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Shenzhen AOTO Electronics Co., Ltd. Class A
- Kopin Corporation
- AMC Networks Inc. Class A
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Autodesk, Inc.
- CJ Corporation
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 23 May, 2019