In the news
- China's Bilibili grows from pirate site to streaming powerhouse Jul 4, 2020
- PlayStation's secret weapon: a nearly all-automated factory Jul 4, 2020
- Japan execs' million-dollar club shrinks for first time in 8 years Jul 3, 2020
- Hot around the collar? Japan has a wearable AC for you Jul 2, 2020
- Sony hopes to shed 'conglomerate discount' under new name Jun 29, 2020 See more articles on Sony Corp.
Sony Corp. engages in the development, design, manufacture, and sale of electronic equipment, instruments, devices, game consoles, and software for consumers, professionals and industrial markets. It operates through the following segments: Game and Network Services, Music, Pictures, Home Entertainment and Sound, Imaging Products and Solutions, Mobile Communications, Semiconductors, Financial Services, and All Others. The Game and Network Services segment deals with gaming machines, software and network services. The Music segment produces and publishes music and provides image media platforms. The Pictures segment handles film production, television program creation, and media networks. The Home Entertainment and Sound segment offers LCD televisions, home audio, Blu-ray Disc players and recorders, and memory-based portable audio devices. The Imaging Products and Solutions segment provides digital imaging products, professional solutions, and medical goods. The Mobile Communications segment deals with mobile phones and internet services businesses. The Semiconductors segment provides image sensors and camera modules. The Financial Services segment manages the life insurance and non-life insurance operations and banking business. The All Other segment includes personal computer (PC) business, overseas Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD manufacturing, and battery business. The company was founded by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuka on May 7, 1946 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||799,450M||7,352.90M|
|Dividends Per Share||45||0.41|
|Operating cash flow||1,474.01B||13,557.18M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||304,504M||251,619M||699,049M||1,011.64B||799,450M|
|Dividends Per Share||20||20||27.50||35||45|
|Operating cash flow||856,522M||890,718M||1,344.76B||1,322.77B||1,474.01B|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||2,535.75M||2,323.61M||6,307.26M||9,122.60M||7,352.90M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.16||0.18||0.24||0.31||0.41|
|Operating cash flow||7,132.67M||8,225.49M||12,133.35M||11,928.18M||13,557.18M|
- Co-Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer: Kenichiro Yoshida
- Chief Financial Officer, Director & Vice President: Hiroki Totoki
- Senior Managing Executive Officer, Head-R&D: Toru Katsumoto
- Chief Information Officer & Executive Officer: Makoto Toyoda
- Senior General Manager-Legal Affairs & Compliance: Natsuko Takei
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.8%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.6%)
- Sony Corp. (3.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.8%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.1%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.8%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors) (1.7%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.4%)
- Address: 1-7-1 Konan, Minato-Ku, Tokyo, 108-0075, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.6748.2111
- SCA Music Holdings (India), Inc.
- Sony DADC New Media Solutions, Inc.
- Nextorage Corp.
- Sony Music Entertainment Colombia SA
- LBP-TV 2 Ltd.
- LBP Origin Ltd.
- LBP The Crown Series 3 Ltd.
- LBP Outlander 5 Ltd.
- LBP Strike Back 7 Ltd.
- LBP Electric Dreams Ltd.
- Ministry of Sound Recordings Ltd.
- Maidmetal Ltd.
- LBP Strike Back 6 Ltd.
- LBP The Halcyon Ltd.
- LBP DCI Ltd.
- LBP Book of Strange New Things Ltd.
- LBP Outlander Series 2 Ltd.
- Waveland Pictures Ltd.
- LBP (The Crown) Ltd.
- LBP Outlander Series 3 Ltd.
- Century Media Records Ltd.
- Sony Music Entertainment Asia Inc
- IMM Internet Media Mexico S de RL de CV
- Sony Restricted Stock Compensation Plan
- Sony Imaging Products & Solutions, Inc.
- Sony Europe Ltd. (Macedonia)
- Sony Pictures Television International Latin America
- Sony Pictures Television (Canada)
- Sony Music Entertainment China Holdings Ltd.
- Technicolor SA
- VOXX International Corporation Class A
- Canon Inc.
- Logitech International S.A.
- Bigben Interactive SA
- Dreamus Company
- Microsoft Corporation
- Skyworth Group Limited
- Coretronic Corporation
- HTC Corporation
- Sonos, Inc.
- PT MNC Investama Tbk
- Warner Music Group Corp. Class A
- TCL Electronics Holdings Limited
- Kopin Corporation
- Archos SA
- Guillemot Corp. SA
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Universal Electronics Inc.
- Metropole Television SA
- Vuzix Corporation
- GoPro, Inc. Class A
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- CJ ENM Co., Ltd.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- Frontier Developments Plc
- Gravity Co., Ltd. Sponsored ADR
- BEC World Public Co., Ltd.
- EuropaCorp SA
- Himax Technologies, Inc. Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 8 Jul, 2020