Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
In the news
- Japanese companies ban Middle East travel Jan 9, 2020
- Hitachi nears sale of core chemical unit to Showa Denko Nov 26, 2019
- Nobel boost: Battery stocks surge following Yoshino win Oct 11, 2019
- Trade war sparks $650m Sumitomo Chemical deal in South America Sep 30, 2019
- Hormuz crisis threatens Asian imports beyond energy Sep 15, 2019 See more articles on Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of chemicals. It operates through the following segments: Petrochemicals, Energy and Functional Materials Sector, IT-related Chemicals Sector, Health and Crop Sciences Sector, Pharmaceuticals Sector and Others. The Petrochemicals segment consists of synthetic resin, rubber and other resin processed products. The Energy & Functional Materials Sector manufactures and sells battery parts, engineering plastics, synthetic rubber, dye, addition agent, chemical and aluminum products. The IT-Related Chemicals segment sells optical products, color filters, semiconductor processing materials, compound semiconductor materials, and battery components. The Health and Crop Sciences segment distributes fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, tropical infectious disease control materials, and feed additives. The Pharmaceuticals segment develops and sells ethical pharmaceuticals, radiopharmaceutical, and radiation therapy equipment. The Others segment provides supply of electrical power and steam, design, engineering and construction services for chemical plants, transportation and warehousing services, and conduct of materials and environmental analysis. The company was founded on September 22, 1913 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||188,370M||1,698.63M|
|Dividends Per Share||22||0.19|
|Operating cash flow||208,143M||1,876.94M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||116,702M||157,569M||122,338M||240,811M||188,370M|
|Dividends Per Share||9||14||14||22||22|
|Operating cash flow||260,854M||261,172M||185,776M||293,250M||208,143M|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||1,062.31M||1,312.15M||1,129.75M||2,172.74M||1,698.63M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.08||0.11||0.12||0.19||0.19|
|Operating cash flow||2,374.49M||2,174.90M||1,715.58M||2,645.88M||1,876.94M|
- President & Representative Director: Keiichi Iwata
- Head-Corporate Communication & Finance: Keigo Sasaki
- Representative Director & Vice President: Rei Nishimoto
- Director & Vice President: Hiroshi Ueda
- Executive Officer & Head-Functional Resin Business: Yasuaki Sasaki
- Asset Management One Co., Ltd. (4.3%)
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. (4.2%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (4.0%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.4%)
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. (2.4%)
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Pension Fund (1.7%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.3%)
- Address: Tokyo Sumitomo Twin East Building, 2-27-1 Shinkawa, Tokyo, 104-8260, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.5543.5500
- Sumika Electronic Materials (Hongkong) Co. Ltd.
- Xuyou Electronic Material Technology (Wuxi) Co., Ltd.
- Valent U.S.A. LLC
- Kyowa Hakko Bio Co. Ltd. /Agrochemical Business/
- SC Environmental Science Co., Ltd.
- Sumika Polycarbonate Ltd.
- Safety Engineering KK
- Sumika Jingang Trading (Dalian) Co. Ltd.
- Sumika Electronic Materials (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- Sumika Polymers North America, Inc.
- Rabigh Conversion Industry Management Services Co.
- Jilin Dongcheng Sumika Polymer Compounds Co. Ltd.
- Philagro South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Turkey Kimya Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS
- Sumitomo Chemical Polymer Compounds Saudi Arabia Co. Ltd.
- SCC Insurance Pte Ltd.
- Dalian Sumika Chemphy Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- A&L (Hong Kong) Co. Ltd.
- A&L (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Lifetech Household Products Co. Ltd.
- Sumisei Technology (Yangzhou) Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical (China) Co., Ltd.
- Sumika Huabei Electronic Materials (Beijing) Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Vietnam Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Engineering Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Sumika Electronic Materials (Wuxi) Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical East Africa Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd.
- ZhuHai Sumika Polymer Compounds Co. Ltd.
- BASF SE
- FMC Corporation
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Dow, Inc.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd
- Saudi Basic Industries Corp.
- Tosoh Corporation
- JXTG Holdings. Inc.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Bayer AG
- LyondellBasell Industries NV
- Showa Denko K.K.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation Class H
- Total SA
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- Sasol Limited
- Chevron Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc Class B
- Braskem S.A. Pfd A
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- Lotte Chemical Corp.
- Nufarm Limited
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Phillips 66
- Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.
- Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 17 Feb, 2020