- 1,614.50 JPY
JapanJun 26, 2019
Market cap (JPY)2,020.64B
Market cap (USD)18,892.50M
In the news
- Corporate Japan logs first profit dip in 3 years as China slows May 13, 2019
- Cheap coal swells in Southeast Asia, foiling global green push Apr 6, 2019
- Can Japan's trading companies remake themselves? Mar 28, 2019
- Aircraft leasing offers new course for Mizuho and Marubeni Feb 22, 2019
- Australian rice finds favor in Japan as cheaper option Jan 12, 2019 See more articles on Sumitomo Corp.
Sumitomo Corp. engages in the provision of trade services. It operates through the following segments: Metal Products, Transportation and Construction Systems, Infrastructure, Media and Digital, Living Related and Real Estate, and Mineral Resources, Energy, Chemical and Electronics. The Metal Products segment handles the trade of metal products, including steel sheets, tubular products, and other products, as well as non-ferrous metals such as aluminum and titanium. The Transportation and Construction Systems segment deals with the automobile, ship, aircraft, rail, other transportation equipment, and construction equipment businesses. The Infrastructure segment includes social infrastructure, global power infrastructure, and logistics infrastructure businesses. The Media and Digital segment handles the digital, media, and smart communications platform businesses. The Living Related and Real Estate segment manages the lifestyle and retail, food and agriculture, and materials, supplies, and real estate divisions. The Mineral Resources, Energy, Chemical and Electronics segment develops businesses in mineral resources, energy, basic chemicals and electronics, and life sciences. The company was founded on December 24, 1919 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||404,017M||3,643.25M|
|Dividends Per Share||75||0.67|
|Operating cash flow||268,883M||2,424.67M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||-67,653M||193,931M||213,101M||412,295M||404,017M|
|Dividends Per Share||50||50||50||62||75|
|Operating cash flow||243,695M||599,708M||345,788M||295,264M||268,883M|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||-615.83M||1,614.95M||1,967.91M||3,719.98M||3,643.25M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.45||0.41||0.46||0.55||0.67|
|Operating cash flow||2,218.30M||4,994.05M||3,193.24M||2,664.05M||2,424.67M|
- President, CEO & Representative Director: Masayuki Hyodo
- CFO, Representative Director & Head-Finance: Koichi Takahata
- Representative Director & Chief Strategy Officer: Hideki Yamano
- Representative Director, CAO, EVP & Head-Legal: Hideki Iwasawa
- Representative Director, EVP & Manager-Chemicals: Masahiro Fujita
- Orbis Investment Management Ltd. (5.0%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.5%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.8%)
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. (2.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.3%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.7%)
- MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. (1.5%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.4%)
- Address: Otemachi Place East Tower, 2-3-2 Otemachi, Tokyo, 100-8601, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.6285.5000
- Sumitomo Corp. Global Metals Co. Ltd.
- Sumisho Special Steel Corp.
- Sumisho Agro India Pvt Ltd.
- Spring Infrastructure Capital Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Corp. /Washoe County Solar Project/
- Summit Mining International, Inc.
- Sumitomo Corp Restricted Stock Compensation Plan
- Spectr-Agro LLC
- Summit Water Middle East Co.
- Toyota Ly Thuong Kiet Co. Ltd.
- Sumisho Building Materials Co., Ltd.
- Summit Energy Corp.
- Sumika Epi-Solution Co., Ltd.
- SC-ABeam Automotive Consulting KK
- Summit Global Management XI BV
- Swordus Ireland Holding Ltd.
- Hangzhou Pine Mountain Engineering Machinery Co Ltd.
- MediExpress Group
- Sumitomo Corp. /Auto Financing Subsidiaries 2/
- Yingkou Towa & CRM Refractories Co. Ltd.
- Bluewell Reinsurance (Micronesia) Ltd.
- Summit Oil & Gas USA Corp.
- Sumisho Global Logistics (China) Co. Ltd.
- Sumisho E-Commerce Shanghai Ltd.
- Eastern Water Co. Ltd.
- Summit Southern Cross Power Kwinana Pty Ltd.
- Hanoi Steel Center Co. Ltd.
- Inversiones SC Sierra Gorda Ltda.
- SCOA Capital LLC
- Summit Wind Power Texas, Inc.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class B
- thyssenkrupp AG
- Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc.
- MMG Ltd.
- Boliden AB
- San Miguel Corp.
- NorZinc Ltd.
- Asiamet Resources Limited
- Hudbay Minerals Inc
- Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Class A
- Prophecy Development Corp.
- New Century Resources Limited
- Qurate Retail, Inc. Class A
- Rassini, S.A.B. de C.V. Class A
- Monro Inc
- UEX Corporation
- Hoa Sen Group
- Sandvik AB
- Aptiv PLC
- Broadcom Inc.
- CommScope Holding Co., Inc.
- Finisar Corporation
- Guangdong Yizumi Precision Machinery Co. Ltd. Class A
- Image Sensing Systems, Inc.
- KG Chemical Corporation
- Lear Corporation
- Marketech International Corp.
- Superconductor Technologies, Inc.
- Terex Corporation
- TMK PAO
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 26 Jun, 2019