Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- 3,040.00 JPY
JapanAug 21, 2019
Market cap (JPY)381,621.50M
Market cap (USD)3,583.97M
In the news
- Fukushima operator embraces Toyota-style efficiency May 17, 2018
- Sumitomo Heavy on track to beat outlook on infrastructure boom Feb 21, 2018
- Presumed par values to change on 35 components of Nikkei 225 Sep 5, 2017
- Japan's heavy industries take hit from flagging big projects Aug 9, 2017
- Nidec invests for sevenfold boost in robot parts production Jun 3, 2017 See more articles on Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of heavy equipment and industrial machineries. It operates through the following segments: Machinery Components, Precision Machinery, Construction Machinery, Industrial Machinery, Ships, Environmental Facilities & Plants and Others. The Machinery Components segment manufactures power transmission and control equipment inverters. The Precision Machinery segment includes plastic injection molding machines, plasma coating systems, laser processing systems, cryogenic equipment, transfer molding press machines, precision forgings, and defense equipment. The Construction Machinery segment consists of hydraulic excavators, mobile cranes, and road machinery. The Industrial Machinery segment produces material handling systems, turbines, pumps, forging machines, logistics and handling systems, and cyclotrons. The Ships segment builds ships and vessels. The Environmental Facilities & Plants segment handles power generation, industrial wastewater treatment, water and sewage treatment, landfill leachate treatment systems, air pollution control, chemical process equipment plants, pressure vessels, mixing vessels, steel structures, and food processing equipment. The Others segment engages in the real estate and software development businesses. The company was founded on November 20, 1888 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
|Income before tax||67,070M||604.80M|
|Dividends Per Share||112||1.00|
|Operating cash flow||55,173M||497.52M|
|Currency in JPY||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||38,727M||47,159M||47,298M||52,692M||67,070M|
|Dividends Per Share||60||80||80||85||112|
|Operating cash flow||62,170M||18,315M||38,157M||71,111M||55,173M|
|Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019|
|Income before tax||352.52M||392.71M||436.78M||475.42M||604.80M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.54||0.66||0.73||0.76||1.00|
|Operating cash flow||565.92M||152.51M||352.36M||641.60M||497.52M|
- President, CEO & Representative Director: Shinji Shimomura
- Chief Financial Officer & Director: Hideo Suzuki
- Representative Director & GM-Technology: Yoshiyuki Tomita
- Manager-Technology Research & Executive Officer: Toshihiko Chijiiwa
- Director & Senior Managing Executive Officer: Tetsuya Okamura
- Silchester International Investors LLP (9.1%)
- Asset Management One Co., Ltd. (4.9%)
- Nomura Asset Management Co., Ltd. (4.1%)
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. (3.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.9%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.8%)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.4%)
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Business Association (2.2%)
- Daiwa Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.8%)
- Address: ThinkPark Tower, 2-1-1 Osaki, Tokyo, 141-6025, Japan
- Phone: +81.3.6737.2000
- SM-Cyclo UK Ltd.
- Sumitomo (SHI) Cyclo Drive Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. (Philippines)
- SHI Plastics Machinery India Pvt Ltd.
- Sumitomo SHI FW Energie BV
- Sumitomo Heavy Ind Ltd. /Dry Desulfurization System Bus/
- Amec Foster Wheeler Plc /Circulating Fluidised Bed Boiler Bus/
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Mechatronics Co., Ltd.
- Ferran Technology, Inc.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Management (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Vietnam) Ltd.
- Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc.
- Sumitomo (SHI) Cyclo Drive Korea Ltd.
- PT SHI Plastics Machinery (Indonesia)
- PT Sumitomo S.H.I. Construction Machinery Southeast Asia
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Taiwan), Inc.
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Phils.), Inc.
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- SHIDesigning & Manufacturing, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Air-Conditioning & Visual Infomation
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries (Shanghai) Management Ltd.
- PT Sumitomo S.H.I. Construction Machinery Indonesia
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Korea) Co. Ltd.
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Thailand) Ltd.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Environment (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries (China) Financial Leasing Ltd.
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- SHI Plastics Machinery (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- SHI Plastics Machinery (S) Pte Ltd.
- SHI Plastics Machinery de Mexico SA de CV
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries (Tangshan) Ltd.
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc
- Valmet Corp
- Milacron Holdings Corp.
- Manitowoc Company, Inc.
- Energy Recovery, Inc.
- Ion Beam Applications SA
- American Shared Hospital Services
- Axcelis Technologies, Inc.
- Brooks Automation, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 21 Aug, 2019