Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD
- 2,015.50 INR
IndiaMar 22, 2019
Market cap (INR)7,522.22B
Market cap (USD)109,073M
In the news
Tata Consultancy Services is a leader in India's information technology services sector and has the highest market capitalization among the country's listed companies. The key unit of the Tata group, one of India's three iconic business groups, has 300,000 employees and serves clients in more than 40 countries. It generates over 90% of its consolidated revenue abroad. Tata Sons, the Tata group holding company, is the consultancy's largest shareholder, with a stake exceeding 70%.
Tata Consultancy Services is also something of a cash cow -- one whose earnings are poured into the group's coffers. It first began tasting success before the turn of the century, back when India was transforming itself into an IT services powerhouse. In the late 1990s, computer users -- companies, governments and individuals alike -- began worrying about something that became known as the Y2K problem. It was thought that when the calendar turned over to 2000, Windows computers would default to 1900 and financial calculations would go haywire. Indian IT and outsourcing companies began receiving floods of orders from foreign companies at this time.
Tata Consultancy Services has seen more than an eightfold increase in consolidated revenues since 2004, when the company went public. It has recently shifted its focus to upgrading its main services, such as developing specialized software for clients and taking on business process outsourcing work. It is also strengthening its development systems for a new generation of information technologies, including cloud services as well as social media and big data analysis.
|Income before tax||340,920M||5,288.36M|
|Dividends Per Share||25||0.38|
|Operating cash flow||276,590M||4,290.47M|
|Currency in INR||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2014||Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018|
|Income before tax||254,017.30M||262,981.20M||318,400M||345,130M||340,920M|
|Dividends Per Share||16||19.50||21.75||23.50||25|
|Operating cash flow||160,903.20M||212,676.90M||209,160M||269,920M||276,590M|
|Mar 2014||Mar 2015||Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018|
|Income before tax||4,203.20M||4,301.05M||4,863.23M||5,146.81M||5,288.36M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.26||0.31||0.33||0.35||0.38|
|Operating cash flow||2,662.45M||3,478.32M||3,194.70M||4,025.22M||4,290.47M|
- Chief Executive Officer, MD & Executive Director: Rajesh Gopinathan
- Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director: N. Ganapathy Subramaniam
- Chief Financial Officer: Ramki Ramakrishnan
- Chief Technology Officer: K. Ananth Krishnan
- Head-Business & Technology Services: Krishnan Ramanujam
- Tata Sons Ltd. (72.0%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India (4.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.7%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd. (0.7%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd. (0.5%)
- Axis Asset Management Co. Ltd. (0.4%)
- OppenheimerFunds, Inc. (0.4%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Ltd. (0.3%)
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. (0.3%)
- Address: Nirmal Building, Nariman Point, Mumbai, 400021, India
- Phone: +91 22 6778-9595
- W12 Studios Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- TCS Foundation
- Tata Consultancy Services Portugal
- BridgePoint Group LLC
- Tata Consultancy Services (New Jersey)
- Tata Consultancy Services (Philippines), Inc.
- Tata Consultancy Services de Espana SA
- Tata Consultancy Services Sucursal Del Peru
- SUPERVALU Services India Pvt Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Italia SRL
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. Filial I Finland
- Tata Consultancy Services Netherlands BV
- Tata Consulting Services
- Tata Research Development & Design Centre
- TCSJohnHuxley Ltd.
- TCS do Brasil
- Diligenta Ltd.
- TCS Management Pty Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Switzerland Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
- Financial Network Services Pty Ltd.
- Tata America International Corp.
- WTI Advanced Technology Ltd.
- TCS e-Serve Ltd.
- Aviation Software Development Consultancy Ltd.
- Airline Financial Support Services India Pvt Ltd.
- Alti SA
- Tata Infotech Ltd.
- Capgemini SE
- Virtusa Corporation
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation Class A
- Atos SE
- Sopra Steria Group SA
- Infotel SA
- NetSol Technologies, Inc.
- EPAM Systems, Inc.
- Perficient, Inc.
- Sify Technologies Limited Sponsored ADR
- Amdocs Limited
- Globant SA
- Grana y Montero SAA
- Cigniti Technologies Limited
- Intellect Design Arena Ltd
- AMERI Holdings, Inc.
- Optiva Inc.
- Endava Plc Sponsored ADR Class A
- Mastech Digital, Inc.
- Addnode Group AB Class B
- Altran Technologies SA
- Guidewire Software, Inc.
- ExlService Holdings, Inc.
- CLPS, Inc.
- Gaming Partners International Corporation
- Teleperformance SE
- WNS (Holdings) Limited Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 22 Mar, 2019