TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD
In the news
- Infosys says internal probe finds no proof of unethical practices Nov 4, 2019
- Troubled Infosys risks losing clients in already weak market Oct 25, 2019
- Tata Consultancy misses quarterly profit estimates Oct 10, 2019
- India Inc.'s double-digit profit drop reflects slackening demand Aug 29, 2019
- Asian equities rebound ahead of Fed Chair testimony Jul 10, 2019 See more articles on TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD
Tata Consultancy Services is a leader in India's information technology services sector and has the highest market capitalization among the country's listed companies. The key unit of the Tata group, one of India's three iconic business groups, has 300,000 employees and serves clients in more than 40 countries. It generates over 90% of its consolidated revenue abroad. Tata Sons, the Tata group holding company, is the consultancy's largest shareholder, with a stake exceeding 70%.
Tata Consultancy Services is also something of a cash cow -- one whose earnings are poured into the group's coffers. It first began tasting success before the turn of the century, back when India was transforming itself into an IT services powerhouse. In the late 1990s, computer users -- companies, governments and individuals alike -- began worrying about something that became known as the Y2K problem. It was thought that when the calendar turned over to 2000, Windows computers would default to 1900 and financial calculations would go haywire. Indian IT and outsourcing companies began receiving floods of orders from foreign companies at this time.
Tata Consultancy Services has seen more than an eightfold increase in consolidated revenues since 2004, when the company went public. It has recently shifted its focus to upgrading its main services, such as developing specialized software for clients and taking on business process outsourcing work. It is also strengthening its development systems for a new generation of information technologies, including cloud services as well as social media and big data analysis.
|Income before tax||422,480M||5,958.31M|
|Dividends Per Share||27||0.38|
|Operating cash flow||351,820M||4,961.78M|
|Currency in INR||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||318,400M||345,130M||340,920M||415,630M||422,480M|
|Dividends Per Share||21.75||23.50||25||30||27|
|Operating cash flow||209,160M||269,920M||276,590M||310,440M||351,820M|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||4,863.23M||5,146.81M||5,288.36M||5,942.43M||5,958.31M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.33||0.35||0.38||0.42||0.38|
|Operating cash flow||3,194.70M||4,025.22M||4,290.47M||4,438.49M||4,961.78M|
- CEO, MD & Non-Independent Executive Director: Rajesh Gopinathan
- COO & Non-Independent Executive Director: N. Ganapathy Subramaniam
- Chief Financial Officer: Ramki Ramakrishnan
- Chief Technology Officer: K. Ananth Krishnan
- Head-Communication, Media & Information Services: Kamal Bhadada
- Tata Sons Pvt Ltd. (72.0%)
- Life Insurance Corp of India (4.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.8%)
- Invesco Advisers, Inc. (0.7%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd. (0.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.6%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Ltd. (0.5%)
- First Sentier Investors (Australia) IM Ltd. (0.5%)
- Axis Asset Management Co. Ltd. (0.4%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (0.4%)
- Address: Nirmal Building, Nariman Point, Mumbai, 400021, India
- Phone: +91.22.67789595
- Tata Consultancy Services Employees Gratuity Fund
- Tata Consultancy Services Employees Provident Fund
- Gm Technical Center India Pvt Ltd. /Engineering Assets/
- Tata Consultancy Services Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- W12 Studios Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- TCS Foundation
- Tata Consultancy Services Portugal
- BridgePoint Group LLC
- Tata Consultancy Services (New Jersey)
- Tata Consultancy Services (Philippines), Inc.
- Tata Consultancy Services de Espana SA
- Tata Consultancy Services Sucursal Del Peru
- SUPERVALU Services India Pvt Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services de Mexico SA de CV
- Tata Consultancy Services Italia SRL
- TCS e-Serve International Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. Filial I Finland
- Tata Consultancy Services Netherlands BV
- Tata Consulting Services
- Tata Research Development & Design Centre
- TCSJohnHuxley Ltd.
- TCS do Brasil
- Diligenta Ltd.
- TCS Management Pty Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Switzerland Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
- Financial Network Services Pty Ltd.
- Tata America International Corp.
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Sopra Steria Group SA
- Capgemini SE
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation Class A
- Atos SE
- Virtusa Corporation
- Globant SA
- Infotel SA
- Amdocs Limited
- NetSol Technologies, Inc.
- Sify Technologies Limited Sponsored ADR
- EPAM Systems, Inc.
- Perficient, Inc.
- Endava Plc Sponsored ADR Class A
- Intellect Design Arena Ltd
- AMERI Holdings, Inc.
- Optiva Inc.
- Cigniti Technologies Limited
- Proximus SA de droit public
- Innodata Inc.
- Mastech Digital, Inc.
- Addnode Group AB Class B
- ExlService Holdings, Inc.
- Firstsource Solutions Limited
- Teleperformance SE
- WNS (Holdings) Limited Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 1 Jun, 2020