TCL Technology Group Corp.
In the news
- Budget brand TCL teams with Sony-Panasonic venture for large TVs Jun 20, 2020
- In Depth: Chinese economy ravaged by spread of coronavirus Feb 13, 2020
- China device makers court Google and Apple in IoT push Jan 8, 2020
- White appliance prices jump in Japan over past 10 years Jan 8, 2020
- New US tech import controls are unacceptably broad Dec 17, 2019 See more articles on TCL Technology Group Corp.
TCL is a Chinese home appliance maker. Its operations include core product, liquid crystal display (LCD) TV sets, smartphones, white goods, LCD panels and PCs. It has a strong profile worldwide, ranked fourth in LCD TV sets and seventh in smartphones.
TCL began in 1981 in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, as a minor manufacturer owned by local government. Its little countryside factory grew into a world-famous consumer electronics company, in part due to its strong leader, Chairman Li Dongsheng. The company is widely admired in China.
Unlike most Chinese home appliance makers, TCL looked abroad for opportunities from its early days. In 2002 it partnered with Matsushita Electric Industrial (now Panasonic) in home appliances. Between 2004 and 2006 it surprised industry by taking over the TV-set operations of Thomson and the cellphone operations of Alcatel-Lucent, both of France. It is also known for its close relationships with Japanese electronics leaders such as Sony and Sharp on product sharing.
TCL's smartphone operations are growing rapidly, set to surpass LCD TV operation. Sales are rising quickly in the Americas.
|Income before tax||14,346.22M||2,224.44M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.15||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||35,004.12M||5,427.53M|
|Currency in CNY||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||3,691.52M||3,584.11M||2,398.33M||3,564.38M||14,346.22M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.10||0.10||0.10||0.12||0.15|
|Operating cash flow||10,211.00M||11,795.93M||12,304.76M||17,828.33M||35,004.12M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||546.22M||541.65M||347.08M||516.41M||2,224.44M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.01||0.01||0.01||0.01||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||1,510.90M||1,782.66M||1,780.75M||2,582.98M||5,427.53M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Dong Sheng Li
- President & Director: Lian Ming Bo
- Chief Operating Officer: Cheng Wang
- Chief Financial Officer & Director: Xu Bin Huang
- Chief Technology Officer & Senior Vice President: Xiao Lin Yan
- Huizhou State Owned Asset Sup. & Adm. Commssion (5.5%)
- LI DONG SHENG (4.0%)
- City of Wuhan (Hubei) (3.8%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd. (2.7%)
- TCL Technology Group Corp. (2.7%)
- Tibet Tianfeng Enterprise Management Co. Ltd. (1.8%)
- Tcl Technology Group Corp. 2021-2023 ESOP Phase 1 (0.8%)
- Star United Enterprises Ltd. (0.6%)
- The Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec (0.4%)
- Huatai-PineBridge Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.2%)
- Address: TCL Technology Building, No. 17 Huifeng 3rd Road, Huizhou, 516001, China
- Phone: +86.755.33311666
- TCL Air Conditioner (Jiujiang) Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Qianhai Qihang Intl Supp Chain Mgmt Co., Ltd.
- Suzhou Huaxing Photoelectric Technology Co. Ltd.
- Tcl Technology Group Corp. 2021-2023 ESOP Phase 1
- Chongqing Blue Business Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Garford Ltd.
- Shenzhen Huaying Medical Imaging Diagnosis Center
- Shenzhen Huaying Clinic
- Jiaozuo Kangying Clinic Co., Ltd.
- Zhihui Xinyuan Commercial (Huizhou) Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Tianshi Cloud Intelligence Technology Co., Ltd.
- TCL Entertainment Solutions Ltd.
- AHFG ESOP Ltd.
- Tongxinggongxue Education Technology (Huizhou) Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi TCL Medical Imaging Technology Co., Ltd.
- Zhongshan Hongyuan Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Kunshan Ruiying Medical Imaging Diagnosis Center Co., Ltd.
- Huizhou Hongsheng Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Peer College Education Technology (Huizhou) Co., Ltd.
- TCL Industrial Technology Research Institute Ltd. (Europe)
- TCL Medical Radiological Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Huizhou Sailuote Communication Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Thunderbird Digital Entertainment Tech Co., Ltd.
- TCL Electronics (Huizhou) Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen TCL High-Tech Development Co., Ltd.
- Wuhan TCL Industrial Technology Research Institute Ltd
- Beijing Zhiqujia Technology Co., Ltd.
- TCL Intelligent Industry (Huizhou) Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen China Star Optoelectronics Semiconductor Display Tech
- Guangzhou ChinaRay Optoelectronic Materials Co., Ltd.
- Skyworth Group Limited
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation
- Chigo Holding Limited
- Au Optronics Corp.
- LG Display Co., Ltd
- Zhejiang Yankon Group Co., Ltd. Class A
- Innolux Corp.
- DSK Co., Ltd
- e-Litecom Co., Ltd
- Everdisplay Optronics (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. Class A
- Inseego Corp.
- INVENIA Co., Ltd.
- Konfoong Materials International Co. Ltd. Class A
- Nanoco Group PLC
- Radiant Opto-Electronics Corp.
- SVG Group Co. Ltd. Class A
- Xi'an Manareco New Materials Co., Ltd. Class A
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 May, 2022
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.