Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
In the news
- Asia's stakeholder capitalism can help beat pandemic: Davos chief May 3, 2020
- India's IT services groups brace for global spending freeze Apr 17, 2020
- Tencent and China tech prove resilience amid regional stock shock Apr 1, 2020
- Accenture earnings raise hopes for Indian software exporters Mar 20, 2020
- Infosys could face fresh regulatory probe after whistleblower complaints Jan 24, 2020 See more articles on Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
Tata Consultancy Services is a leader in India's information technology services sector and has the highest market capitalization among the country's listed companies. The key unit of the Tata group, one of India's three iconic business groups, has 300,000 employees and serves clients in more than 40 countries. It generates over 90% of its consolidated revenue abroad. Tata Sons, the Tata group holding company, is the consultancy's largest shareholder, with a stake exceeding 70%.
Tata Consultancy Services is also something of a cash cow -- one whose earnings are poured into the group's coffers. It first began tasting success before the turn of the century, back when India was transforming itself into an IT services powerhouse. In the late 1990s, computer users -- companies, governments and individuals alike -- began worrying about something that became known as the Y2K problem. It was thought that when the calendar turned over to 2000, Windows computers would default to 1900 and financial calculations would go haywire. Indian IT and outsourcing companies began receiving floods of orders from foreign companies at this time.
Tata Consultancy Services has seen more than an eightfold increase in consolidated revenues since 2004, when the company went public. It has recently shifted its focus to upgrading its main services, such as developing specialized software for clients and taking on business process outsourcing work. It is also strengthening its development systems for a new generation of information technologies, including cloud services as well as social media and big data analysis.
|Income before tax||422,480M||5,958.31M|
|Dividends Per Share||33||0.46|
|Operating cash flow||351,820M||4,961.78M|
|Currency in INR||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||318,400M||345,130M||340,920M||415,630M||422,480M|
|Dividends Per Share||21.75||23.50||25||30||33|
|Operating cash flow||209,160M||269,920M||276,590M||310,440M||351,820M|
|Mar 2016||Mar 2017||Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020|
|Income before tax||4,863.23M||5,146.81M||5,288.36M||5,942.43M||5,958.31M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.33||0.35||0.38||0.42||0.46|
|Operating cash flow||3,194.70M||4,025.22M||4,290.47M||4,438.49M||4,961.78M|
- CEO, MD & Non-Independent Executive Director: Rajesh Gopinathan
- COO & Non-Independent Executive Director: N. Ganapathy Subramaniam
- Chief Financial Officer: Ramki Ramakrishnan
- Chief Technology Officer: K. Ananth Krishnan
- Head-Communication, Media & Information Services: Kamal Bhadada
- Tata Sons Pvt Ltd. (72.0%)
- Life Insurance Corp of India (4.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.9%)
- Invesco Advisers, Inc. (0.7%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd. (0.7%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Ltd. (0.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.5%)
- Axis Asset Management Co. Ltd. (0.5%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (0.4%)
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. (0.3%)
- Address: Nirmal Building, Nariman Point, Mumbai, 400021, India
- Phone: +91.22.67789595
- Tata Sons & Consultancy Services Employees Welfare Trust
- TCS e-Serve America, Inc.
- MGDC SC
- Technology Outsourcing SAC
- TCS Uruguay SA
- TCS Inversiones Chile Ltda.
- Tata Consultancy Services Argentina SA
- TCS Solution Center SA
- TCS Iberoamerica SA
- TCS Financial Solutions Beijing Co., Ltd.
- TCS FNS Pty Ltd.
- TCS Business Services GmbH
- Tata Consultancy Services Danmark ApS
- Tata Consultancy Services Osterreich GmbH
- Tata Consultancy Services (Thailand) Ltd.
- PT Tata Consultancy Services Indonesia
- Tata Consultancy Services Saudi Arabia
- Tata Consultancy Services Qatar SSC
- Tata Consultancy Services (Africa) (Pty) Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Employees Gratuity Fund
- Tata Consultancy Services Employees Provident Fund
- Gm Technical Center India Pvt Ltd. /Engineering Assets/
- Tata Consultancy Services Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- W12 Studios Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- TCS Foundation
- Tata Consultancy Services (Portugal) Unipessoal Ltda.
- BridgePoint Group LLC
- Tata Consultancy Services (New Jersey)
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Sopra Steria Group SA
- Capgemini SE
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation Class A
- Virtusa Corporation
- Atos SE
- Globant SA
- Infotel SA
- NetSol Technologies, Inc.
- Amdocs Limited
- EPAM Systems, Inc.
- Perficient, Inc.
- Endava Plc Sponsored ADR Class A
- Intellect Design Arena Ltd
- AMERI Holdings, Inc.
- Optiva Inc.
- Cigniti Technologies Limited
- Proximus SA de droit public
- Innodata Inc.
- Mastech Digital, Inc.
- Addnode Group AB Class B
- ExlService Holdings, Inc.
- Firstsource Solutions Limited
- Teleperformance SE
- WNS (Holdings) Limited Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 Oct, 2020
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.