Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
In the news
- Indian IT companies step up fight against cyberattacks Dec 14, 2020
- Asia's stakeholder capitalism can help beat pandemic: Davos chief May 3, 2020
- India's IT services groups brace for global spending freeze Apr 17, 2020
- Tencent and China tech prove resilience amid regional stock shock Apr 1, 2020
- Accenture earnings raise hopes for Indian software exporters Mar 20, 2020 See more articles on Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
Tata Consultancy Services is a leader in India's information technology services sector and has the highest market capitalization among the country's listed companies. The key unit of the Tata group, one of India's three iconic business groups, has 300,000 employees and serves clients in more than 40 countries. It generates over 90% of its consolidated revenue abroad. Tata Sons, the Tata group holding company, is the consultancy's largest shareholder, with a stake exceeding 70%.
Tata Consultancy Services is also something of a cash cow -- one whose earnings are poured into the group's coffers. It first began tasting success before the turn of the century, back when India was transforming itself into an IT services powerhouse. In the late 1990s, computer users -- companies, governments and individuals alike -- began worrying about something that became known as the Y2K problem. It was thought that when the calendar turned over to 2000, Windows computers would default to 1900 and financial calculations would go haywire. Indian IT and outsourcing companies began receiving floods of orders from foreign companies at this time.
Tata Consultancy Services has seen more than an eightfold increase in consolidated revenues since 2004, when the company went public. It has recently shifted its focus to upgrading its main services, such as developing specialized software for clients and taking on business process outsourcing work. It is also strengthening its development systems for a new generation of information technologies, including cloud services as well as social media and big data analysis.
|Income before tax||516,870M||6,936.95M|
|Dividends Per Share||43||0.57|
|Operating cash flow||419,550M||5,630.81M|
|Currency in INR||Currency in USD|
|Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021||Mar 2022|
|Income before tax||340,920M||415,630M||422,480M||437,600M||516,870M|
|Dividends Per Share||25||30||33||38||43|
|Operating cash flow||276,590M||310,440M||351,820M||409,060M||419,550M|
|Mar 2018||Mar 2019||Mar 2020||Mar 2021||Mar 2022|
|Income before tax||5,288.36M||5,942.43M||5,958.31M||5,894.79M||6,936.95M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.38||0.42||0.46||0.51||0.57|
|Operating cash flow||4,290.47M||4,438.49M||4,961.78M||5,510.33M||5,630.81M|
- CEO, MD & Non-Independent Executive Director: Rajesh Gopinathan
- COO & Non-Independent Executive Director: N. Ganapathy Subramaniam
- Chief Financial Officer: Samir Seksaria
- Chief Technology Officer: K. Ananth Krishnan
- Secretary & Compliance Officer: Pradeep Manohar Gaitonde
- Tata Sons Pvt Ltd. (72.9%)
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (Investment Portfolio) (3.6%)
- Exide Life Insurance Co. Ltd (1.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.8%)
- Invesco Advisers, Inc. (0.8%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd. (0.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.6%)
- Axis Asset Management Co. Ltd. (0.5%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (0.3%)
- UTI Asset Management Co. Ltd. (Investment Management) (0.3%)
- Address: Nirmal Building, Nariman Point, Mumbai, 400021, India
- Phone: +91.22.67789595
- SAUDI DESERT ROSE HOLDING B.V.
- Tata Consultancy Services Philippines, Inc. (Philippines)
- Tata Sons & Consultancy Services Employees Welfare Trust
- TCS e-Serve America, Inc.
- MGDC SC
- Technology Outsourcing SAC
- TCS Uruguay SA
- TCS Inversiones Chile Ltda.
- Tata Consultancy Services Argentina SA
- TCS Solution Center SA
- TCS Iberoamerica SA
- TCS Financial Solutions Beijing Co., Ltd.
- TCS FNS Pty Ltd.
- TCS Business Services GmbH
- Tata Consultancy Services Danmark ApS
- Tata Consultancy Services Osterreich GmbH
- Tata Consultancy Services (Thailand) Ltd.
- PT Tata Consultancy Services Indonesia
- Tata Consultancy Services Saudi Arabia
- Tata Consultancy Services Qatar SSC
- Tata Consultancy Services (Africa) (Pty) Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Employees Gratuity Fund
- Tata Consultancy Services Employees Provident Fund
- Gm Technical Center India Pvt Ltd. /Engineering Assets/
- Tata Consultancy Services Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- W12 Studios Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (United Kingdom)
- TCS Foundation
- Tata Consultancy Services (Portugal) Unipessoal Ltda.
- FPT Corp.
- Capita plc
- Sopra Steria Group SA
- Globant SA
- Atos SE
- DATAGROUP SE
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation Class A
- Amdocs Limited
- Kyndryl Holdings Incorporation
- Infotel SA
- Rimini Street Inc Class A
- EPAM Systems, Inc.
- NetSol Technologies, Inc.
- Endava Plc Sponsored ADR Class A
- Intellect Design Arena Ltd
- Cigniti Technologies Limited
- CI&T, Inc. Class A
- Innodata Inc.
- Grid Dynamics Holdings, Inc. Class A
- Arabian Internet and Communications Services Company
- Mastech Digital, Inc.
- Addnode Group AB Class B
- Duck Creek Technologies, Inc.
- ExlService Holdings, Inc.
- CLPS, Inc.
- Teleperformance SA
- WNS (Holdings) Limited Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 10 Aug, 2022
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.