|Feb 22, 2018|
|Feb 22, 2018|
Currency in MYR
Engineering & Construction
|Full time employees:||--|
MMC Corp. Bhd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the construction, mining and mineral exploration. It operates through the following segments: Ports and Logistics; Energy and Utilities; and Engineering and Construction. The Ports and Logistics segment operates Port Tanjung Pelepas, Johor Port, Red Sea Gateway Terminal, and Senai Airport Terminal. The Energy and Utilities segment supplies natural gas to the non-power sector, and treated water in Johor. The Engineering and Construction segment focuses on infrastructure and construction projects such as Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit, Bukit Berapit twin-bore tunnel, and Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel. The company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
MMC is a leading utilities and infrastructure company with energy, ports and construction businesses.
Malakoff, the group's energy arm, generates 5,020 megawatts of electricity, nearly a quarter of mainland Malaysia's power generation capacity. Another subsidiary, Gas Malaysia is the sole provider of natural gas to industrial and residential customers in the country through its nearly 2,000km long pipelines.
MMC operates Malaysia's largest container terminal in the Port of Tanjung Pelepas, in the southeast coast near Singapore. The port can handle up to 10.5 million twenty-foot equivalent units annually.
The group's construction company is one of the largest in the country, and is known for undertaking major infrastructure projects across the country.
MMC is controlled by billionaire Syed Mokhtar Albukhary, an ethnic Malay with roots in Central Asia. The company is headed by Group Managing Director Che Khalib Mohamad Noh, who previously headed the state electric company Tenaga Nasional.
In the news
Malaysia shares end five-day winning streak as Petronas Gas slumps
February 20, 2018 7:50 pm JST
February 20, 2018 7:32 pm JST
February 19, 2018 9:09 am JST
February 12, 2018 7:12 am JST
January 30, 2018 8:30 pm JST
January 30, 2018 6:55 pm JST
January 25, 2018 4:06 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||672.74M|
|Dividends per share||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||490.68M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||162.39M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||118.44M|
Currency in USD
- Group Managing Director & Director: Khalib bin Mohamad Noh
- Chief Operating Officer: Mohd Razin Bin Ghazali
- Group Chief Financial Officer: Mohamad Shahar bin Yope
- Director-Engineering & Construction: Weng Loon Chee
- Group Head-Strategy & Corporate Affairs: Badrulhisyam Fauzi
- AL BUKHARY SERI SYED MOKHTAR SHAH BIN SYED NOR(51.7%)
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(21.5%)
- Lembaga Tabung Haji(7.6%)
- Employees Provident Fund(5.2%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(3.4%)
- AIA Bhd.(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.9%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.4%)
- Eastspring Investments Bhd.(0.3%)
- Website: http://www.mmc.com.my
- Address: Persiaran Raja Chulan, Wisma Budiman, Kuala Lumpur, 50200, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2071.1000
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.