|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||93,132|
China Southern Airlines Co. Ltd. engages in the provision of domestic, international, and regional scheduled and unscheduled air transportation of passenger, cargo, mail and baggage, general aviation, and aircraft maintenance. The company operates through the following segments: Airline Transportation Operations, and Other segments. The Airline Transportation Operations segment engages in the passenger and cargo and mail operations. The other segment includes hotel and tour operation, ground services, cargo handling and other miscellaneous services. China Southern Airlines was founded on March 25, 1995 and is headquartered in Guangzhou, China.
China Southern Airlines is one of the top three Chinese carriers, alongside Air China and China Eastern Airlines. By sales and passenger numbers in 2014, it ranked No. 1.
China Southern in 2014 carried more than 100 million passengers for the first time. As of April 2015, it had 474 aircraft in its fleet.
The airline is based at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. It was established in 1995 and listed on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing in 1997.
The airline is expanding internationally. Its strength is in the Asia-Pacific region, flying to popular destinations such as Bangkok and other parts of Southeast Asia, as well as Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Last year, the airline served 1,052 destinations in 177 countries and regions, including code shares.
China Southern's subsidiaries include Xiamen Airlines, Shantou Airlines, Guizhou Airlines, Zhuhai Airlines, Chongqing Airlines and Henan Airlines. It is a member of SkyTeam, an alliance led by U.S. carrier Delta Air Lines.
In the news
November 16, 2017 8:23 pm JST
November 16, 2017 12:30 pm JST
November 16, 2017 10:06 am JST
November 16, 2017 7:45 am JST
November 15, 2017 8:34 pm JST
November 15, 2017 8:05 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||8,218.65M|
|Dividends per share||0.11|
|Operating cash flow||31,185.09M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||1,058.76M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||4,017.42M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman, President & CEO: Wan Geng Tan
- Chief Financial Officer & Chief Accountant: Li Xin Xiao
- Chief Economist: Liang Su
- Member-Supervisory Board & GM-Audit Department: Yi Hua Yang
- Chief Operating Officer-Flight Operations: Zheng Rong Zhang
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(34.7%)
- American Airlines Group, Inc.(8.8%)
- Macquarie Bank Ltd.(3.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.0%)
- Citigroup Global Markets Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.0%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(0.8%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.8%)
- AllianceBernstein LP(0.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.csair.com
- Address: 278 Ji Chang Road, Guangzhou, 510405, China
- Phone: +86.20.86124462
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.