|Aug 17, 2017|
|Aug 17, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||460,647|
China Mobile Ltd. operates as an investment holding company, which through its subsidiaries provides telecommunications services in Mainland China. The company was founded on September 3, 1997 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
China Mobile is China's largest telecommunications company. It commands slightly more than 60% of the domestic mobile phone market, where some 1.3 billion people use handsets.
The company also boasts the largest number of subscribers in the world. Backed by its strong brand power and excellent name recognition, China Mobile far eclipses such rivals as China Telecom and China Unicom in scale.
Its parent company is state-owned behemoth China Mobile Communications Corp., which was created in 2000 by spinning off the mobile telecommunications division of the former posts and telecommunications ministry. China Mobile, a core unit of CMCC, is listed on the domestic stock market. Slightly more than 70% of its outstanding shares are owned by the asset-management arm of CMCC.
Because it is a large state-owned company, China Mobile acts in step with government policy. In late 2013, it was the first company in China to introduce the TD-LTE fourth-generation mobile communications format, developed mainly by local companies. China Mobile is leading the efforts to promote the standard at home, spending huge sums to set up new base stations and introduce handsets compatible with the 4G service.
An important issue facing China Mobile is how to deal with the expected slowdown in the home market, which is thought to be near saturation. The company is therefore targeting overseas markets, and has invested in a major telecommunications unit of Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group. China Mobile is trying to promote the TD-LTE format abroad by allying with local telecommunications equipment makers.
In the news
List of capital contributors include China's biggest tech names
August 17, 2017 6:24 am JST
August 16, 2017 1:19 pm JST
China's top player in the field hunting for growth abroad
August 16, 2017 2:14 am JST
August 15, 2017 8:05 pm JST
August 15, 2017 7:37 pm JST
Government eager for infrastructure investment amid stagnating economy
August 12, 2017 8:59 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||168,792.07M|
|Dividends per share||2.73|
|Operating cash flow||314,625.89M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||21,744.67M|
|Dividends per share||0.35|
|Operating cash flow||40,531.74M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Yue Li
- Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director & VP: Xin Dong
- Executive Director & Vice President: Ai Li Liu
- Executive Director & Vice President: Yue Jia Sha
- General Manager-Finance Department: Min Zhu
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(72.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.6%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(0.3%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd.(0.3%)
- Thornburg Investment Management, Inc.(0.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.3%)
- Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd.(0.2%)
- The Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec(0.2%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.2%)
- Website: http://www.chinamobileltd.com
- Address: 60/F, The Center, 99 Queen's Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.3121.8888
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.