|Aug 22, 2017|
|Aug 22, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||22,671|
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. engages in the manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical products. It operates through the following segments: Pharmaceutical Services and Active Ingredient, Global Generics and Proprietary Products. The Pharmaceutical Services and Active Ingredients segments include active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediaries also known as active pharmaceutical products or bulk drug; it also provides research services. The Global Generics segment consists of finished pharmaceutical products ready for consumption. The Proprietary Products segment involves the discovery of new chemical entities for subsequent commercialization and out-licensing. The company was founded by Kallam Anji Reddy on February 24, 1984 and is headquartered in Hyderabad, India.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories is a leading Indian generic drugmaker that operates business in more than 20 countries. Founder K. Anji Reddy is among the business leaders who spearheaded the development of India's generic drug industry.
The company was founded in 1984, and its generic drug business found its way to a growth track in 1986. It continues to steadily expand in 2000s. It has made acquisitions and now has development bases in the U.K. and the Netherlands.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories has been stepping up its biomedicine operations. These include the development of anti-cancer drugs, which the company considers a big source of future earnings. Dr. Reddy's Laboratories aims to reinforce its biomedicine operations through a tie-up with the German drugmaker Merck.
Anji Reddy died in 2013. His son, Satish Reddy, serves as company chairman and his son-in-law as co-chairman. The founding family owns nearly 25% of the company's shares.
In the news
August 22, 2017 9:53 pm JST
August 22, 2017 9:41 pm JST
August 11, 2017 9:09 pm JST
August 11, 2017 8:56 pm JST
August 10, 2017 9:42 pm JST
August 9, 2017 8:48 pm JST
August 4, 2017 9:02 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||14,304M|
|Dividends per share||20|
|Operating cash flow||21,216M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||213.31M|
|Dividends per share||0.29|
|Operating cash flow||316.38M|
Currency in USD
- Co-Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & MD: Gunupati Venkateswara Prasad
- President, CFO & Global Head-IT: Saumen Chakraborty
- Chief Operating Officer: Abhijit Mukherjee
- Secretary & Compliance Officer: Sandeep Poddar
- EVP, Head-Emerging Markets & Global Generics: M. V. Ramana
- Dr. Reddy's Holdings Ltd.(24.5%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(6.6%)
- OppenheimerFunds, Inc.(5.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(2.0%)
- Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Pvt Ltd.(1.8%)
- Franklin Advisers, Inc.(1.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.0%)
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Ltd.(0.9%)
- PRASAD GUNUPATI VENKATESWARA(0.8%)
- REDDY SATISH KALLAM(0.7%)
- Website: http://www.drreddys.com
- Address: Door No. 8-2-337, Road No. 3, Hyderabad, 500034, India
- Phone: +91.40.49002900
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.