|Nov 22, 2017|
|Nov 22, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||58,200|
China Resources Beer (Holdings) Co. Ltd. operates as an investment holding company that is principally engaged in the manufacture, sales and distribution of beer products. The company was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
China Resources Beer is a state-owned major beverage maker and a core subsidiary of China Resources (Holdings), a conglomerate that operates electricity, food and other businesses. China Resources beer's business is well known for its "Snow" beverage, accounting for about 20% of the Chinese beer market.
Founded in 1992, the company also runs a distribution business, with about 4,800 shops, including those in the China Resources Vanguard chain. It also operates a food business under its Pacific Coffee unit and has established a mineral water brand "C'estbon" in its beverage business. The company also offers soft drink brands through a joint venture it established in 2011 with Japanese beverage giant Kirin Holdings.
In May 2015, China Resources Beer announced it will sell all its non-beer businesses to its parent company, aiming to spin off its distribution business, which has been in the red, and focus on its competitive beer business.
In 2014, the company had the largest share of China's beer market for the ninth straight year. Previously, another leading Chinese beer maker Tsingtao Brewery held the country's top market share. It is said there were 800 beer companies in China, and China Resources Enterprise acquired them one after another to reach the top. SABMiller Asia Pacific, a unit under British beer maker SABMiller, has a 49% stake in brewing company China Resources Snow Breweries, a unit under China Resources Beer and also a joint venture, providing technical cooperation for beer production.
Despite its commanding lead in the domestic beer market, China Resources Beer is little known abroad. Although China is the world's largest beer consumer, in 2014 the domestic market contracted from a year earlier, due to the country's economic slowdown and other negative factors. This shows there are signs of uncertainty about the company's outlook.
In the news
For Tsingtao and other brewers, the good times could be short-lived
October 19, 2017 5:00 pm JST
Heavyweights HSBC and Tencent slip, while AAC Technologies rises
October 13, 2017 2:43 pm JST
October 13, 2017 2:35 pm JST
Mainland equity markets start October on high note, helped by recent PBOC move
October 9, 2017 8:09 pm JST
October 9, 2017 7:35 pm JST
August 22, 2017 7:59 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||2,031.87M|
|Dividends per share||0.09|
|Operating cash flow||5,006.67M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||261.75M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||644.98M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Xiao Hai Hou
- CFO, Secretary & Executive Director: Po Sing Lai
- Chief Human Resources Officer & Senior VP: Xian Liang Wang
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(51.9%)
- Hillhouse Capital Management Ltd. (Hong Kong)(5.1%)
- Matthews International Capital Management LLC(2.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co.(1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.1%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.1%)
- Morgan Stanley Asia Ltd. (Investment Management)(0.9%)
- Massachusetts Financial Services Co.(0.8%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.crbeer.com.hk
- Address: 39/F, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2827.1028
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.