|Sep 21, 2017|
|Sep 21, 2017|
Currency in THB
|Full time employees:||--|
The Siam Commercial Bank Public Co. Ltd. engages in the banking business. It involves in personal banking, business banking, and wholesale banking. It operates through the the following segments: Corporate, SME, Retail, and Others. The company was founded in 1906 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
Siam Commercial Bank is the oldest commercial bank in Thailand. It is currently the third-largest bank by assets, and has over 1,100 branches nationwide.
Its history traces back to 1904 when it was established under the leadership of Prince Mahisorn. After operating for two years as a pilot project under the name of Book Club, the bank was granted the King's permission to be a full-fledged commercial bank.
Given this background, the Bureau of the Crown Property and its Group is the largest shareholder with a 23% stake. The second largest shareholder with a 23% stake is Vayupak Mutual Fund which is 30% controlled by the finance ministry.
Board Chairman Anand Panyarachun has served twice as Thailand's prime minister, from 1991 to 1992 and again in 1992 amid the political unrest after a military coup in February 1991. He was the bank's independent director since 1984 and became chairman in 2007.
Executive Committee Chairman Vichit Suraphongchai started his career as a banker with Bangkok Bank, the country's largest bank by assets. He left Bangkok Bank after serving as president from 1992 to 1994 and became minister of transport and communication.
In the news
Asian family conglomerates
Management shifts focus to outside executives and e-commerce
September 15, 2017 5:44 pm JST
Thai conglomerate looks to outside executives as it tackles e-commerce
September 14, 2017 10:00 am JST
Visa, MasterCard and big banks adopting scan-to-pay standard
August 31, 2017 7:13 am JST
Amid rising land prices, monarchy leasing urban plots to top bidders
August 21, 2017 9:27 am JST
King Maha Vajiralongkorn has made institutional changes in his first 10 months
July 28, 2017 1:47 pm JST
Krung Thai posts largest net profit decline among four big banks
July 21, 2017 9:14 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||59,172.97M|
|Dividends per share||5.5|
|Operating cash flow||100,754M|
Currency in THB
|Income before tax||1,677.21M|
|Dividends per share||0.15|
|Operating cash flow||2,855.79M|
Currency in USD
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Arthid Nanthawithaya
- Chief Financial Officer: Kittiya Todhanakasem
- Chief Technology Officer: Colin Richard Dinn
- SEVP & Head-Special Assets: Sarunthorn Chutima
- Chief Risk Officer & SEVP: Anucha Laokwansatit
- Estate Of Adulyadej Bhumibol(21.2%)
- Krung Thai Asset Management Public Co., Ltd.(11.5%)
- MFC Asset Management Public Co., Ltd. (Investment Management)(11.5%)
- CPB Equity Co. Ltd.(2.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.5%)
- Social Security Office of Thailand(1.4%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.7%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.3%)
- The Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec(0.2%)
- Website: http://www.scb.co.th
- Address: 9 Rutchadapisek Road, Chatu Chak, Bangkok, 10900, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.544.1111
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.