|Jan 19, 2018|
|Jan 19, 2018|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||42,210|
Huaneng Power International, Inc. engages in the sale of electricity and generation of power through the development and operation of power plants. Its products include generated electricity and thermal power. The company was founded on June 30, 1994 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
Huaneng Power International is a major Chinese state-owned electric power company. It is a unit of state giant China Huaneng Group and one of the country's five biggest electric utilities, which include China Datong and China Guodian. China Huaneng is the largest of the five in terms of business scale.
Huaneng Power is active nationwide, engaging in developing, constructing and managing power-generation facilities. It also has business operations in the areas of finance, coal mining, transport and new energy.
China Huaneng, established in 1985, founded Huaneng Power as its core subsidiary in 1994.
Huaneng Power has a strong business base protected by the government's market entry regulations. Because the big five power players dominate the domestic market for electricity, Huaneng Power enjoys stable earnings.
Huaneng Power recently purchased a power producer in Singapore as part of its aggressive overseas expansion push.
Under the strong influence of former Chinese Premier Li Peng and his family, Huaneng Power is known to be at the center of the "electric power clique." It has made considerable use of the extensive human networks it has established in political and business circles.
The company is drawing keen attention as a possible target of Chinese President Xi Jinping's anti-corruption campaign.
In the news
January 17, 2018 8:22 pm JST
January 17, 2018 12:30 pm JST
January 17, 2018 9:28 am JST
January 17, 2018 7:27 am JST
January 16, 2018 8:30 pm JST
January 16, 2018 7:23 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||15,251.63M|
|Dividends per share||0.32|
|Operating cash flow||38,053.59M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||1,964.79M|
|Dividends per share||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||4,902.26M|
Currency in USD
- General Manager & Executive Director: Guo Yue Liu
- Chief Engineer: Yong He
- Executive Director & Deputy General Manager: Xia Xia Fan
- Manager-Equity Management Department: Bai Shan Cui
- Finance Manager: Ying Hui Li
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(10.0%)
- JF Asset Management Ltd.(3.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.0%)
- Value Partners Ltd.(2.5%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(2.5%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(1.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.7%)
- JPMorgan Investment Management, Inc.(1.1%)
- Standard Life Investments Ltd.(0.8%)
- Aberdeen Asset Management (Asia) Ltd.(0.7%)
- Website: http://www.hpi.com.cn
- Address: Huaneng Building, 6 Fuxingmen Inner Street, Beijing, 100031, China
- Phone: +86.10.6322.6999
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.