|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||--|
Maxis Bhd. is an investment holding company. It is engaged in the provision of mobile communications, fixed line and international gateway telecommunications, and internet and broadband services. The company operates through the following business segments: Mobile Services, Enterprise Fixed Services, International Gateway Services, Home Services, and Other Operations. The Mobile Services segment comprises postpaid mobile, prepaid mobile, mobile date, broadband, roaming services. The Enterprise Fixed Services segment offers voice, data, Very Small Apparatus Terminal, Internet Protocol, and managed services for business customers. The International Gateway Services segment provides services to international telecommunication carriers for termination of traffic into Malaysia, services to send the group's own international traffic abroad, and bandwidth leasing services. The Home Services segment includes fixed voice and data services for home customers. The Other Operations segment represents corporate support functions. Maxis was founded on August 7, 2009 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Established in 1995, Maxis was one of the first mobile communications providers in Malaysia.
The company is constantly revamping its business model and was one of the first operators to introduce 4G services in 2013. Its 4G service reaches 15% of the Malaysian population, making Maxis a market leader in this area.
Maxis also offers cloud computing to small and medium businesses. The company's 2G and 3G networks cover 95% and 83% of the Malaysian population respectively.
Maxis' CEO is Norwegian Morten Lundal, former CEO of DiGi.Com, another Malaysian telecommunications company. He was also a top executive at Vodafone, the U.K.'s leading mobile phone company.
Maxis is more than 60% controlled by Usaha Tegas, a private investment arm of Malaysian billionaire Ananda Krishnan.
In the news
November 15, 2017 7:53 pm JST
Keppel, Sembcorp, Sapura Energy among worst performers
November 15, 2017 7:50 pm JST
November 7, 2017 12:30 pm JST
November 6, 2017 8:30 pm JST
November 6, 2017 8:00 pm JST
DBS Group falls after surprise drop in quarterly profit, MISC extends gains
November 6, 2017 7:55 pm JST
November 6, 2017 3:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||2,736.83M|
|Dividends per share||0.2|
|Operating cash flow||2,614.72M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||660.63M|
|Dividends per share||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||631.16M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Morten Lundal
- Chief Financial & Strategy Officer: Nasution bin Mohamed
- Chief Technology Officer: Morten Bangsgaard
- Head-Products, Devices, Innovation & Roaming: T. Kugan K. Thirunavakarasu
- Head-Strategy & Transformation: Dushyan Vaithiyanathan
- Binariang GSM Sdn. Bhd.(62.4%)
- Employees Provident Fund(10.9%)
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(10.2%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(1.6%)
- Lembaga Tabung Haji(1.6%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(1.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.1%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.7%)
- Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd.(0.3%)
- AIA Bhd.(0.3%)
- Website: http://www.maxis.com.my
- Address: Level 8, 11, 14 - 25, Menara Maxis, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur, 50088, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2330.7000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.