|Jan 19, 2018|
|Jan 19, 2018|
Currency in TWD
|Full time employees:||--|
Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. manufactures nanotechnology, heat transfer, wireless connectivity and material sciences. Its products include cables, connectors, and personal computer components. The company was founded by Terry Gou on February 20, 1974 and is headquartered in Tucheng, Taiwan.
Hon Hai Precision Industry, the world's largest contract manufacturing company, employs more than 1 million workers in China, its main production base. The company produces smartphones, tablet computers and television sets for clients from around the world. It makes the most of its metal mold technology and low-cost production to deliver new products to customers fast.
The company was set up in 1974 by Chairman Terry Gou. After expanding operations through the connector business, it made a full-scale move into contract manufacturing in the 1990s. Business ties with Apple deepened in the 2000s, and the company grew rapidly thanks to orders from the U.S. electronics giant, primarily for smartphones.
Recently, however, Apple's growth has slowed. Hon Hai has thus been looking to diversify its operations. It entered the telecom market by winning a Taiwan fourth-generation high-speed mobile spectrum license in a 2013 auction. In contract manufacturing too, it aims at expanding the range of items it produces. In June this year, Hon Hai acquired a stake in the robotics subsidiary of Japan's SoftBank. Hon Hai is also looking to relocate some production to India and Southeast Asian countries because of rising labor costs in China. It is also stepping up efforts to automate production at plants by introducing industrial robots.
Chairman Gou is known as a charismatic business executive, but the absence of a successor to him is a problem for the company.
In the news
January 19, 2018 3:59 pm JST
Gionee reportedly hits financial difficulties after LeEco stumbles
January 19, 2018 11:30 am JST
South Korean rivals set to cooperate for the first time
January 18, 2018 8:13 pm JST
January 18, 2018 3:58 pm JST
Mainland China held more of an allure for island's promising startups in 2017
January 18, 2018 6:34 am JST
Flashy designs and ample funds help industry newcomers make inroads
January 16, 2018 7:45 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||197,122.29M|
|Dividends per share||4.5|
|Operating cash flow||190,685.52M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||6,112.16M|
|Dividends per share||0.13|
|Operating cash flow||5,912.58M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Terry Gou
- Chief Financial Officer: Te Tsai Huang
- Manager-Central Information: Chao-An Chou
- Deputy General Manager: Cheng Wu Tai
- Director & Deputy General Manager: Fang Ming Lu
- GOU TERRY(9.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.9%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(2.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(2.1%)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management)(2.0%)
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.(1.7%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.2%)
- APG Asset Management NV(1.1%)
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Investment Management)(1.1%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co.(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.honhai.com.tw
- Address: No. 2 Tzu Yu Street, Tucheng District, New Taipei City, 23678, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.2268.3466
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.