|Nov 16, 2017|
|Nov 16, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||28,045|
Telekom Malaysia Bhd. engages in the provision of communication services and solutions in broadband, data, and fixed-line. It operates through the following segments: Mass Market, Managed Accounts, and Global Wholesale. The Mass Market segment comprises the Company's retail arm and its subsidiaries which complement the retail business. It offers telecommunication services and communications solutions to households, individuals as well as small and medium enterprise companies. The Managed Accounts segment provides telecommunications services and communications solutions to small and medium business. The Global Wholesale segment includes the wholesale arm of the Company and its subsidiaries that complement the wholesale business. It offers wholesale telecommunications services delivered over the Group's networks to domestic and international carriers. The company was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Telekom Malaysia is the country's leading telecommunications company. Its roots date back to the early 20th century when Malaysia's postal and telegraph services were incorporated by British colonizers.
Today, TM is the dominant provider of fixed telephone services and has a more than 90% share of the fixed broadband market with products Streamyx and UniFi. It plans to introduce 4G broadband services after acquiring a majority stake in local wireless broadband provider Packet One Networks in 2014.
Packet One will work with South Korea's SK Telecom to establish an Long-Term Evolution network across Malaysia.
TM also operates an Internet Protocol television service called HyppTV. It has a small share of Malaysia's television market.
TM is a listed company. The government's investment holding arm, Khazanah Nasional, has a majority stake in it.
TM has been led by Managing Director Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa since 2008.
In the news
November 17, 2017 12:30 pm JST
November 16, 2017 8:30 pm JST
November 16, 2017 3:30 pm JST
November 16, 2017 12:30 pm JST
November 16, 2017 12:21 pm JST
KLCI drops after Morgan Stanley downgrades Malaysia to `equal weight'
November 1, 2017 8:31 pm JST
November 1, 2017 8:25 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||889.1M|
|Dividends per share||0.21|
|Operating cash flow||2,988.5M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||214.61M|
|Dividends per share||0.05|
|Operating cash flow||721.38M|
Currency in USD
- CEO, Managing Director & Executive Director: Mohammed Shazalli Ramly
- Group Chief Financial Officer: Nor Fadhilah binti Mohamed Ali
- Chief Technology, Innovation & Experience Officer: Rafaai Samsi
- Chief Legal & Compliance Officer: Idrus bin Ismail
- Chief Procurement Officer: Mohamad Mohamad Zain
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd. (Investment Company)(26.2%)
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(20.4%)
- Employees Provident Fund(17.6%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(5.4%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(4.0%)
- Bumiputra Investment Foundation(1.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.0%)
- Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd.(0.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.8%)
- Pictet Asset Management SA(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.tm.com.my
- Address: Menara TM, Jalan Pantai Baharu, Kuala Lumpur, 50672, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2240.9494
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.