|Oct 18, 2017|
|Oct 18, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||26,674|
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. engages in airline operations. It operates through the Airline Business and Non-Airline Business segments. The Airline Business segment comprises of passenger and cargo operations. The Non-Airline Business segment includes airline catering, ground handling, and aircraft ramp handling services. The company was founded by Roy C. Farrell and Sydney H. de Kantzow on September 24, 1946 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
Cathay Pacific Airways is Hong Kong's flag carrier, offering passenger and cargo services to around 200 cities in Asia, Europe, North America, Africa and Australia. It has a workforce of around 23,000.
The company was established in 1946 by Roy Farrell, an American, and Sydney de Kantzow, an Australian. Early on, it offered flights to Shanghai, Bangkok, Manila and Singapore.
Swire Pacific, a conglomerate engaged in the property development, beverage, marine services and trading businesses, has owned 45% of Cathay Pacific since 1948. Through the years, Swire has overseen the airline's expansion. In 2006, Cathay Pacific acquired Dragonair, a Hong Kong-based carrier that mainly flies within the Asia-Pacific region. Around the same time, it signed a strategic partnership with national flag carrier Air China.
Air China owns 29.99% of Cathay Pacific.
John Slosar, who also leads Swire, became chairman of Cathay Pacific in 2014. Amid the rise of low-cost carriers, he plans to boost the airline's competitiveness by capitalizing on a new runway at Hong Kong International Airport. The third runway, scheduled for completion in 2023, should allow the airport to handle 102 flights per hour, up from 68, and serve an additional 30 million passengers annually.
In the news
October 13, 2017 7:58 pm JST
October 13, 2017 6:00 pm JST
October 12, 2017 6:10 pm JST
Ahead of Party Congress, Shanghai Composite slips after four-day winning streak
October 12, 2017 3:14 pm JST
October 12, 2017 2:48 pm JST
October 4, 2017 2:32 pm JST
Geely, Cathay Pacific stay on rising streak
October 4, 2017 2:31 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||-1,826M|
|Dividends per share||0.05|
|Operating cash flow||6,530M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||-235.23M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||841.22M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Rupert Bruce Grantham Tower Hogg
- Director, COO & Chief Service Delivery Officer: Gregory Thomas Forrest Hughes
- Chief Financial Officer & Executive Director: Martin James Murray
- Director-Service Delivery: Ying Wah Yau
- Director, Chief Customer & Commercial Officer: Paul Loo
- Swire Pacific Ltd.(45.0%)
- Air China Ltd.(29.9%)
- Kingboard Chemical Holdings Ltd.(9.0%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.4%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd.(0.2%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(0.1%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(0.1%)
- First State Investments (Singapore)(0.1%)
- Website: http://www.cathaypacific.com
- Address: Cathay Pacific City, 8 Scenic Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2747.3333
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.