|Sep 20, 2017|
|Sep 20, 2017|
Currency in KRW
|Full time employees:||--|
Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd. engages in the provision of management and financial support services to its subsidiaries. The company was founded on September 1, 2001 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
Shinhan Financial Group is a South Korean financial holding company engaged in the management of subsidiaries, including commercial banking unit Shinhan Bank, regional bank Jeju Bank, credit card company Shinhan Card, securities unit Shinhan Investment and Shinhan Life Insurance. Shinhan Financial, one of the country's four biggest financial groups, has a capital and business tie-up with French bank BNP Paribas, a major shareholder of the Korean group.
Shinhan Bank was founded in 1982 with capital from Korean residents in Japan. In 2001, it formed a holding company, Shinhan Financial Group. The group has expanded by acquiring Chohung Bank; LG Card, the predecessor of Shinhan Card; and other financial entities. It now has total assets of over 300 trillion won on a consolidated basis.
In 2001, Shinhan Financial signed a comprehensive partnership agreement with BNP Paribas, under which the two companies set up a joint venture on asset management in South Korea. The group is also strengthening its overseas presence, bolstering its operating bases in Japan, the U.S. and European countries as well as in China, Vietnam and Kazakhstan -- regions in which South Korean companies are operating.
Shinhan Financial has had the largest market capitalization among South Korean financial holding companies for many years and has a reputation as a financially healthy company with solid growth potential. Although South Korea's banking industry is often affected by government policy, it is widely believed that the group's management remains relatively immune from such influence.
In the news
August 29, 2017 2:30 pm JST
July 21, 2017 8:44 pm JST
July 21, 2017 8:38 pm JST
Users can satisfy currency cravings anytime via Line Pay
July 20, 2017 2:10 am JST
Deposed sector leader eyes digital innovation with Amazon to further recovery
June 30, 2017 9:11 pm JST
May 11, 2017 8:45 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||3,160.47B|
|Dividends per share||1,450|
|Operating cash flow||-873,701M|
Currency in KRW
|Income before tax||2,724.10M|
|Dividends per share||1.24|
|Operating cash flow||-753.06M|
Currency in USD
- Co-Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Yong-Byoung Cho
- Managing Director & Compliance Officer: Woo-Gyun Park
- Vice President: Hyung-Jin Kim
- Vice President: Young-Jin Lim
- National Pension Service of Korea(9.5%)
- Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd. ESOA(4.7%)
- BNP Paribas SA(3.7%)
- Government of Singapore(2.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.8%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(1.6%)
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.(1.2%)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management)(1.2%)
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Investment Management)(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.shinhangroup.com
- Address: 20 Sejong-daero 9-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, 04513, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.6360.3000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.