|Sep 20, 2017|
|Sep 20, 2017|
Currency in TWD
|Full time employees:||19,895|
CTBC Financial Holding Co. Ltd. engages in the provision of personal and business banking and stock dealing. It focuses on financial, investment, insurance, securities, insurance, and lottery business. The company was founded on May 17, 2002 and is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan.
Controlled by one of Taiwan's most powerful families, the Koos, CTBC offers banking, insurance and brokerages services. Unlike Fubon Financial Holding and Cathay Financial Holding, two other Taiwanese financial services companies that make most of their profits on life insurance, most of CTBC's earnings come from its banking unit, backed by its strong wealth management services and overseas businesses.
Founded by Koo Chen-fu and his nephew Jeffrey Koo in 1966, CTBC started out as Taiwan's first brokerage. It turned into a financial holding company in 2002. In 2013, the company renamed itself from Chinatrust to CTBC, shortened from Chinatrust Banking Corp., to rebrand itself as part of its regional expansion efforts.
What differentiates CTBC from Fubon and Cathay in their common expansion attempts is its substantial presence in Japan. It acquired midsize Japanese lender Tokyo Star Bank in 2014.
It is generally recognized that the Koo family, particularly CTBC Charity Foundation Chairman Jeffrey Koo, Jr., exercise significant influences over CTBC. Jeffrey has a Master of business Administration degree from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in the U.S.
In the news
Japanese real estate developer stepping up foray into Taiwan
January 25, 2017 7:00 am JST
Brother-in-law Nelson Chang takes over reins, expresses optimism for 2017
January 23, 2017 9:55 pm JST
August 20, 2016 3:00 am JST
June 16, 2016 12:00 pm JST
March 30, 2016 10:30 pm JST
January 18, 2016 10:15 pm JST
November 19, 2015 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||33,717.53M|
|Dividends per share||0.85|
|Operating cash flow||86,922.14M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||1,045.47M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||2,695.19M|
Currency in USD
- President & General Manager: Yi Kuei Wu
- Secretary, Head-Finance & IR Officer: Li Hsueh Kao
- Chief Legal & Compliance Officer: Aaron King
- Executive Officer & Head-Japan Business: Yeun-Ginn Chen
- Chief Administration Officer: Roger Kao
- Wealthy Wonder Group Ltd.(3.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.2%)
- Nan Shan Life Insurance Co., Ltd.(2.3%)
- Estate of Koo Jeffrey Ls Jr(2.1%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.9%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.9%)
- Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (Invt Port)(1.9%)
- Chuan Wei Investment Co. Ltd.(1.6%)
- Eagleright Management Co. Ltd.(1.6%)
- Long Bon International Co. Ltd.(1.5%)
- Website: http://www.ctbcholding.com
- Address: 27/F & 29/F, No. 168 Jingmao 2nd Road, Taipei, 115, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.3327.7777
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.