|Nov 23, 2017|
|Nov 23, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||21,510|
Li & Fung Ltd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the trading, logistics and distribution of consumer products. It operates its business through the following segments: Trading Network and Logistics Network. The Trading Network segment provides on the global sourcing services through multiple channels, such as buying agent, trading-as-principal for private label merchandise, and on-shore wholesale business. The Logistics Network segment offers logistics solutions and freight forwarding services. The company was founded in 1906 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
Li & Fung is one of the world's leading consumer products sourcing and logistics companies. Based in Hong Kong, with total assets of more than $8.4 billion, the company engages in businesses ranging from product design and raw-material sourcing to production management and quality control. Li & Fung supplies a wide range of consumer products, including designer apparel, home furnishings, handbags, accessories, sporting goods and footwear.
The company's logistics business manages worldwide supply chains with partner companies, providing in-country logistics and international freight forwarding services. Its network spans mainland China, Japan, South Korea, the Middle East, India and Southeast Asia, and comprises over 1.8 million sq. meters of logistics space.
Li & Fung spun off its brand management unit in 2014. The newly formed company, Global Brands Group Holding, has licenses on hundreds of trademarks and distributes goods to major Western retailers. The spinoff was intended to allow Li & Fung to focus on its core operations of product sourcing and logistics.
The company was established by Fung Pak-liu and Li To-ming in 1906. Honorary Chairman Victor Fung and Chairman William Fung, the third generation of the Fung family, have led the company since the 1980s. The Fung family holds a 28% stake in the company.
In the news
September 19, 2017 9:11 pm JST
Shares of Fosun International unit Sisram drop on trading debut
September 19, 2017 7:58 pm JST
September 19, 2017 7:52 pm JST
Fosun unit Sisram Medical drops on trading debut
September 19, 2017 2:59 pm JST
September 19, 2017 2:42 pm JST
Owndays, Zoff follow same low-cost business model employed by Uniqlo
September 10, 2017 4:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||2,367.80M|
|Dividends per share||0.23|
|Operating cash flow||2,245.11M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||305.03M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||289.22M|
Currency in USD
- Group Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Spencer Theodore Fung
- Chief Financial Officer: Sung Lai Lam
- Group Chief Technology Officer: Manuel Carlos Fernandez
- Group Chief Compliance & Risk Management Officer: Chi Wai Yeung
- President of LF Asia Direct: Oi Wai Mak Mok
- FUNG FAMILY(27.7%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(6.7%)
- Silchester International Investors LLP(4.9%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(3.9%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(3.2%)
- FUNG KWOK LUN(3.0%)
- FUNG KWOK KING(2.4%)
- First State Investments (Singapore)(2.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.lifung.com
- Address: 11th Floor, LiFung Tower, 888 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2300.2300
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.