|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in KRW
|Full time employees:||--|
Kia Motors Corp. engages in the manufacturing and sales of motor vehicles. It operates through the following segment: Passenger Cars, Recreational Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles. It is also involved in leasing vehicles, providing vehicle maintenance services and automobile Parts. The company was founded on December 10, 1944 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
Kia Motors is a South Korean automaker that began as an autoparts manufacturer in 1944.The company once had a capital tie-up with Japanese automaker Mazda Motor for the production of Mazda vehicles. However, that alliance was dissolved. Kia filed for bankruptcy during the 1997 Asian financial crisis and became a subsidiary of fellow South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor in 1998.
Kia has close production ties with its parent, Hyundai Motor; they share chassis, and Kia produces Hyundai cars at its plants. However, Kia maintains independence in product development. Its models include the Optima midsize sedan and the Soul compact.
Although Vice Chairman Lee Hyoung-keun and other executives have representation rights at Kia, Hyundai Chairman Chung Mong-koo maintains control over Kia's management.
Hyundai Vice Chairman Chung Eui-sun, the first son of Chung Mong-koo, was a top executive at Kia in the mid-2000s. During that time, Kia hired a former chief designer of German automaker Audi, and adopted innovative vehicle body designs. Hyundai also adopted the same designs, gaining popularity both at home and abroad.
In the news
Investors also await news on new Fed chief
November 2, 2017 8:31 pm JST
November 2, 2017 8:24 pm JST
Lotte, Hyundai Motor jump: benchmark Kospi hits record high as investors celebrate
October 31, 2017 2:10 pm JST
Similar cases could cost South Korean economy more than $7bn
October 28, 2017 7:28 am JST
Payment of outstanding wages weighs on South Korean automaker's Q3 earnings
October 27, 2017 1:20 pm JST
October 26, 2017 8:14 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||2,282.13B|
|Dividends per share||1,100|
|Operating cash flow||3,275.88B|
Currency in KRW
|Income before tax||1,967.03M|
|Dividends per share||0.94|
|Operating cash flow||2,823.57M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer: Hyoung-Keun Lee
- President, Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director: Han-Woo Park
- Chief Financial Officer, Director & Executive VP: Chun-Soo Han
- Executive Board Member & Head-Research: Ki-Tak Sung
- Vice President & Head-Domestic Sales: Chang-Shik Kim
- Hyundai Motor Co., Ltd.(33.8%)
- National Pension Service of Korea(6.9%)
- First Eagle Investment Management LLC(3.8%)
- CHUNG EUI-SUN(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.4%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.4%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(1.3%)
- Kia Motors Corp. Employee Stock Ownership Association(1.3%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd.(1.1%)
- Tweedy, Browne Co. LLC(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.kia.co.kr
- Address: 12 Heolleung-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 06797, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3464.1114
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.