|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in TWD
|Full time employees:||--|
Fubon Financial Holding Co. Ltd. engages in the provision of banking, insurance, securities and asset management services. Its activities include commercial banking, life assurance, property and casualty insurance, investment banking, bills finance, securities finance, fund management and venture capital operations. The company was founded on December 19, 2001 and is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan.
Fubon is a major Taiwanese financial services company which offers banking, insurance and brokerage products. It started out as a property insurance company in 1961 under the Cathay group, the financial business leviathan controlled by brothers Tsai Wan-lin and Tsai Wan-chun.
Later Tsai Wan-tsai, younger brother to Wan-lin and Wan-chun took control of the property insurance company in 1979 and gradually developed it into his own empire, known today as Fubon. The company was listed as a financial holding company in 2001.
Like Cathay Financial Holding, Fubon makes most of its profits on life insurance. In recent years it has been expanding in the region, particularly in China. Fubon also controls Taiwan Mobile, a major Taiwanese wireless carrier.
Fubon is currently managed by Chairman Daniel Tsai and Vice Chairman Richard Tsai, sons to Wan-tsai and cousins to Cathay Financial Holding Chairman Tsai Hong-tu. Daniel has a master's degree in law from Georgetown University, and Richard has a Master of Business Administration from New York University.
The Tsais are widely recognized as one of the richest families in Taiwan.
In the news
Company in focus
Despite losses, ZhongAn grabs investors' attention in emerging sector
October 1, 2017 12:00 pm JST
Tighter censorship, following Liu Xiaobo death, could push users to WeChat
July 19, 2017 9:57 pm JST
January 18, 2017 8:53 pm JST
June 16, 2016 12:00 pm JST
January 18, 2016 10:15 pm JST
January 8, 2016 2:50 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||53,247.68M|
|Dividends per share||2|
|Operating cash flow||67,731.78M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||1,651.04M|
|Dividends per share||0.06|
|Operating cash flow||2,100.15M|
Currency in USD
- President & Director: Wan Mei Hsu
- Chief Financial Officer & Senior Vice President: Yan Sung Chen
- Chief Human Resources Officer & Senior VP: Joyce Chen
- Chief Legal Officer & Senior Vice President: Chung Ping Liu
- Chief Investment Officer: Howard Lin
- City of Taipei (Taiwan)(13.1%)
- Ming Dong Co. Ltd.(8.4%)
- Dao Ying Co. Ltd.(7.2%)
- TSAI MING HSING RICHARD(3.1%)
- TSAI MING CHUNG DANIEL(3.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.4%)
- Hung Fu Investment Co. Ltd.(2.3%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.4%)
- Shin Kong Life Insurance Co., Ltd.(1.4%)
- Website: http://www.fubon.com
- Address: 237, Section 1, Chien Kuo South Road, Taipei, 105, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.6636.6636
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.