|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in TWD
Computer Processing Hardware
|Full time employees:||--|
Compal Electronics, Inc. engages in the research, development, design, production, and sale of computing, communications, and consumer products. Its products include notebook PCs, liquid-crystal display products, smart device, ultrabook pcs, 2-in-1 pcs, all-in-one pcs, tablet pcs, servers, auto electronics, smart home products, public displays, smart phones, smart accessory, and wearable devices. The company was founded by Chau Ing Hsu on June 1, 1984 and is headquartered in Taipei City, Taiwan.
Compal Electronics is a leading Taiwanese computer maker, with assets totaling over $11 billion. It manufactures notebooks, mobile devices and liquid crystal display products.
The company supplies PCs to such big-name clients as Dell and Lenovo Group. It has a business presence in mainland China, the U.S., Vietnam, Brazil, Poland and Mexico, and has more than 6,000 employees.
As part of Compal's efforts to expand, the company has been shifting away from its core PC business and venturing into the industrial computer and mobile device sectors. Compal reportedly helps produce Apple's iPads, as well as smartphones for such companies as HTC and Sony.
It has also tried to diversify into other fields through takeovers. In 2014, it acquired a minority stake in Taiwanese industrial and embedded PC-maker Avalue Technology to tap into the health care and connected-device sectors.
The company was established by the Hsu family in 1984. Chairman Rock Hsu also serves as chairman of more than 30 technology companies in Taiwan, including Kinpo Electronics, AcBel Polytech and Vibo Telecom.
In the news
State Bank of India, Singapore's City Developments major movers
November 10, 2017 9:02 pm JST
November 10, 2017 8:41 pm JST
Quanta Computer, Asustek advance after September sales rise
October 12, 2017 8:44 pm JST
October 12, 2017 8:27 pm JST
Dispute involves licensing fees for chips used in iPhones, iPads
October 12, 2017 1:16 am JST
Investors beginning to take profits ahead of new iPhone launch
August 14, 2017 9:40 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||10,741.36M|
|Dividends per share||1.20|
|Operating cash flow||1,348.69M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||333.05M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||41.81M|
Currency in USD
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Jui-Tsung Chen
- Chief Finance Officer & Vice President: Ching Hsiung Lue
- Director & Executive Vice President: Chao-Cheng Chen
- Director & Executive Vice President: Chung-Pin Wong
- Deputy General Manager: Chih Chuan Chen
- Kinpo Electronics, Inc.(3.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.2%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(3.0%)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management)(2.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(2.1%)
- Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd.(1.8%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co.(1.6%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.5%)
- Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd.(1.4%)
- Pu Hsin Insurance Ltd.(1.3%)
- Website: http://www.compal.com
- Address: No. 581 & 581-1, Ruiguang Road, Neihu District, Taipei, 11492, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.8797.8588
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.