|Feb 23, 2018|
|Feb 23, 2018|
Currency in HKD
Real Estate Development
|Full time employees:||44,000|
New World Development Co. Ltd. operates as an holding company, which engages in the property development and investment businesses. It operates through the following business segments: Property Development, Property Investment, Service and Infrastructure, Hotel Operations, Department Stores and Others. The Property Development segment focuses on the residential usage of company properties in China and Hong Kong. The Property Investment segment handles lands and buildings that are for lease or rent. The Service segment comprises of facilities management, contracting and transport, and strategic investments. The Infrastructure segment includes development of roads and ports, and energy, water and logistics projects. The Hotel Operations segment manages major hotel projects in Hong Kong, namely, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin and Renaissance Harbour View Hotel. The Department Store segment operates department store retail chain in China. The Others segment includes media and technology businesses. The company was founded on May 29, 1970 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
New World Development is a Hong Kong conglomerate mainly focused on property development, hotels, department stores, infrastructure and services. The company operates businesses in more than 50 cities in Asia with a total asset value of 300 billion Hong Kong dollars ($39.4 billion).
It owns three listed companies -- New World China Land, NWS Holdings and New World Department Store China. The company is expanding its businesses in mainland China, investing $16 billion in more than 20 provinces across the country.
New World Development plans to improve the efficiency of the group's hotel operations. In 2015, it sold interests in three upscale hotels to a joint venture with Abu Dhabi Investment Authority for HK$18.5 billion. The hotels are Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, Renaissance Harbour View, and Hyatt Regency TST.
Hong Kong billionaire Henry Cheng Kar-shun became chairman of New World Development in 2012. His family holds a 42% stake in the company as the largest shareholder. He also leads Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group, Hong Kong's largest jewelry retailer.
In the news
Developer Country Garden top gainer over 4-day period, shortened by holiday
February 23, 2018 7:05 pm JST
February 23, 2018 6:51 pm JST
February 9, 2018 12:52 pm JST
February 6, 2018 12:30 pm JST
February 5, 2018 8:30 pm JST
February 5, 2018 5:59 pm JST
February 5, 2018 3:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||15,230.3M|
|Dividends per share||0.46|
|Operating cash flow||3,335.6M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||1,961.27M|
|Dividends per share||0.05|
|Operating cash flow||429.54M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Managing Director: Kar Shun Cheng
- Executive Vice Chairman & General Manager: Chi-Kong Cheng
- Executive Director, Head-Finance & Accounts: Tak-Cheong Au
- Senior Director-Sales & Marketing: Woon Melvin Yeo
- Secretary, Legal & Company Secretarial Department: Man-Hoi Wong
- Cheng Yu Tung Family Ltd.(44.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.1%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.8%)
- Thornburg Investment Management, Inc.(0.6%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd.(0.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.5%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd.(0.5%)
- JPMorgan Whitefriars (UK)(0.5%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.nwd.com.hk
- Address: 30/F, New World Tower, 18 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2523.1056
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.