|Sep 22, 2017|
|Sep 22, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||24,183|
Hero MotoCorp Ltd. operates as a two wheeler manufacturing company. It provides two wheelers, its parts and ancillary services. The company offers service and maintenance through a network of dealers and service outlets. Hero MotoCorp was founded by Brijmohan Lall Munjal on January 19, 1984 and is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
Hero MotoCorp, India's largest motorcycle maker, is a core unit of midsize conglomerate Hero Group.
The company's history is closely tied to Japan's Honda Motor. Hero Group, which had been making bicycles, entered the motorcycle business in 1984 by establishing a joint venture called Hero Honda. Small motorbikes with 100cc to 150cc engines propelled the partnership into the top spot in the Indian market.
Hero, which sought to expand abroad, had a falling-out with Honda over management policy, leading to the end of the partnership in 2011. The company's name was changed to Hero MotoCorp.
In 2012, Hero MotoCorp partnered with a U.S. motorcycle maker, Erik Buell, seeing a chance for technical synergies. The Indian company has also built up its sales network in both urban and rural areas, making it a formidable competitor to Honda.
Nearly 40% of the company's outstanding shares are held by the founding Munjal family. Brijmohan Lall Munjal, who heads Hero Group, serves as chairman of Hero MotoCorp. His son, Pawan Munjal, is CEO of the motorcycle business and is accelerating overseas expansion, including in Africa and South America.
In the news
Larsen &Toubro, HDFC Bank lead gains
September 18, 2017 9:22 pm JST
Some investors deem the slump a `good buying opportunity.'
September 4, 2017 8:41 pm JST
Automakers gain after August vehicle sales rise ahead of festive season
September 1, 2017 9:56 pm JST
August 22, 2017 9:41 pm JST
August 16, 2017 9:33 pm JST
August 11, 2017 7:54 pm JST
August 4, 2017 9:02 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||48,304.8M|
|Dividends per share||85|
|Operating cash flow||41,752.4M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||720.35M|
|Dividends per share||1.26|
|Operating cash flow||622.63M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & MD: Pawan Kant Munjal
- Chief Financial Officer: Niranjan Gupta
- Chief Information Officer: Vijay Sethi
- Chief Technology Officer: Markus Braunsperger
- VP-Strategic Sourcing & Supply Chain Management: Neeraj Mathur
- Bahadur Chand Investments Pvt Ltd.(20.0%)
- MUNJAL PAWAN KANT(14.0%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(4.2%)
- OppenheimerFunds, Inc.(3.4%)
- Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd.(2.6%)
- Lazard Asset Management LLC(2.5%)
- Templeton Global Advisors Ltd.(2.4%)
- Aberdeen Asset Management (Asia) Ltd.(2.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd.(1.3%)
- Website: http://www.heromotocorp.com
- Address: 34, Community Centre, Basant Lok, New Delhi, 110057, India
- Phone: +91.11.26142451
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.