|Sep 22, 2017|
|Sep 22, 2017|
Currency in INR
Information Technology Services
|Full time employees:||115,973|
HCL Technologies Ltd. is a global information technology services company. It operates through the following segments: Software Services, Infrastructure Management Services, and Business Process Outsourcing Services (BPO). The Software Services segment provides application development & maintenance, enterprise application, next generation application services and engineering and Research and Development services to several global customers. The Infrastructure Management Services segment engages involves in managing customer's IT assets. The Business Process Outsourcing Services segment includes the traditional contact center and help desk services and next generation services around platform BPO delivered through global delivery model. The company was founded by Shiv Nadar on November 12, 1991 and is headquartered in Noida, India.
HCL Technologies is a major provider of IT services in India. It is logging rapid earnings growth while trying to catch up with the top three in the domestic sector. It has offices in more than 30 countries and over 100,000 workers on its payroll.
HCL group was established in 1976 in a garage where founder Shiv Nadar, who is now chairman, worked with friends. In 1978, it became the first in India to develop microcomputers. The group dealt mainly in hardware in the 1980s and 1990s but founded HCL Technologies in 1991, latching onto the growth of the nation's IT services industry.
The company's policy is to delegate considerable power to workers, who get active support from managers. It has institutionalized a system that gives lower-ranking employees the opportunity to contribute ideas; the company credits this with fueling growth.
HCL Technologies' leading shareholder is an investment firm, of which Shiv Nadar is an executive. The investment company and the group's holding company together own nearly 60% of HCL Technologies.
The holding company also presides over HCL Infosystems, a listed business that sells hardware.
In the news
The boardroom drama reflects the disruption facing India's IT service industry
September 6, 2017 6:34 pm JST
July 17, 2017 8:10 pm JST
July 17, 2017 8:09 pm JST
July 7, 2017 7:15 pm JST
June 20, 2017 8:40 pm JST
Favorable factors at home provide an edge while Chinese players struggle
June 15, 2017 10:00 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||105,398.5M|
|Dividends per share||24|
|Operating cash flow||98,305.4M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||1,571.77M|
|Dividends per share||0.35|
|Operating cash flow||1,465.99M|
Currency in USD
- President & Chief Executive Officer: C. Vijayakumar
- Executive VP-Sales Transformation & Operations: Arthur Filip
- Chief Financial Officer: Anil Kumar Chanana
- CTO & Head-DRYiCE & Cloud Native Services: Kalyan Kumar B.
- Secretary, Vice President & Compliance Officer: Manish Anand
- Vama Sundari Investments (Delhi) Pvt Ltd.(42.8%)
- NADAR SHIV(17.1%)
- ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd.(1.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.3%)
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (Invt Port)(1.2%)
- Lazard Asset Management LLC(1.2%)
- Artisan Partners LP(1.1%)
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Ltd. (Invt Mgmt)(1.1%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(1.0%)
- Website: http://www.hcltech.com
- Address: Technology Hub, SEZ, Plot No. 3A, Sector 126, Noida, 201304, India
- Phone: +91.12.04382800
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.